Products, lowering the pressure
Blood pressure is regulated by the nervous and endocrine system. There is a significant amount of food, regular use of which contributes to the reduction of pressure in arterial vessels. They are usually products of plant origin. Their systematic use to prevent the development of hypertension.
Why develop hypertension?
Blood pressure is determined by vascular tone and cardiac output. These regulatory mechanisms influence the vegetative part of the nervous system and biologically active compounds, which are produced predominantly by cells of the kidney. The development of long-term hypertension (increased blood pressure), provides a number of factors, which include:
- Atherosclerosis with predominant localization in the kidney is the deposition of cholesterol in the vascular wall leads to their narrowing and deterioration of blood supply in tissues. The kidneys react by increased production of several biologically active compounds (renin, angiotensin), which causes increased tone and contraction of blood vessels.
- Pathology of the adrenal glands (hormone-producing benign tumors, the syndrome Itsenko-Kushinga), which is accompanied by an increase in the production of their hormones leading to narrowing of the arteries and increased cardiac output.
- Changes in the functional activity of the autonomic nervous system with increasing influence on the blood vessels of the sympathetic part, which leads to increased tone of the arteries.
- Organic pathology of the vasomotor center of the medulla oblongata.
Blood pressure may also increase under the influence of physiological factors (physical activity, stress, emotional tension). While hypertension is temporary, it disappears after cessation of exposure to such factors.
What foods lower blood pressure?
Some foods, mainly of plant origin, contribute to the reduction of arterial vascular tone and cardiac output. Such products, lowering the pressure include:
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- Dairy products with low fat – fat free yogurt, yogurt. They contain significant amounts of calcium ions, which contributes to the reduction of excessive heart rate and arterial vascular tone.
- Seafood – contain in their composition significant number of ions of mineral salts, contribute to the normalization of blood pressure.
- Nuts, vegetable oils – a source of unsaturated fatty acids, which have antioxidant properties that protect endothelial cells (inner layer of the vascular wall) from damage by free radicals («fragments» of organic molecules, which contain in their composition of unpaired electrons and possess considerable chemical activity).
- Fresh fruits and vegetables – these plant foods contain significant amounts of vitamins of the various groups that contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes to reduce hypertension.
The regular consumption of such foods contributes not only to normalize blood pressure and prevention of cardiovascular diseases, but also helps to prevent the development of various somatic pathology. To a greater extent efficiency is expressed in relation to the prevention of hypertension.
Products recommended for use with low pressure
When unexpressed hypertension you can consume the foods that reduce blood pressure. These include:
- Beetroot – contains a significant number of different organic compounds and salts minerals. For best effect it is recommended to consume beets raw.
- Kalina is a natural product from high blood pressure. Systemic administration of viburnum (preferably in the form of tea or juice) helps not only to reduce hypertension but also the risk of intravascular thrombosis, the major cause of cardiovascular catastrophes (myocardial infarction, stroke, cerebral).
- Spinach – reduces arterial vascular tone, and reduces cardiac output.
Foods that reduce the pressure effect sufficiently provided low-level hypertension, as well as modifying lifestyle.
Products that are not recommended to use in hypertension
The development of hypertension contributes to the consumption of foods that increase cholesterol (fatty meat, eggs, whole milk) and thus promotes its deposition on the inner wall of blood vessels in the form of atherosclerotic plaques. Also it is necessary to limit the intake of salt in the body, which facilitates the transition of interstitial fluid into the bloodstream, increasing blood volume and hypertension. It is important to pay attention to the way of cooking. So fried foods contributes to a more rapid increase in the concentration of cholesterol and its deposition in the vessel walls.
Modification of lifestyle
To reduce pressure except food it is important to follow General guidelines that include:
Overcame hypertension for 1 month
After 10 years of struggle with the disease Oleg Tabakov has told how was able to get rid of hypertension.
- The increase in locomotor activity.
- Enough sleep.
- The exclusion of mental and physical fatigue.
- Quitting Smoking and alcohol consumption, which are potent vascular toxin.
Modification of lifestyle and intake of food products that contribute to reducing the severity of the hypertension, prevent the severe pathology of the heart and blood vessels in the future. In the absence of effect from products, reducing blood pressure, be sure to consult with your doctor and, if necessary, receive additional study.