REG: what is it, transcript
Modern medical science is unthinkable without a variety of diagnostic techniques. There are a variety of research methods: laboratory tests, biopsy, and histological examination of organs and tissues. Of course, the most popular non-invasive research methods, which are completely harmless to the body and have no contraindications. To such methods of functional diagnostics applies rheoencephalography (REG). What is it, and what information about the work of the body can be obtained using this technique?
The term «rheoencephalography» is a composite. If you translate it from Latin into Russian, it turns out that this graphical method of fixing the characteristics of blood flow in the brain. In other words, the way to know the functioning of the vascular system of the brain.
In order to hold the REG, we need a special device called rheoencephalography, special electrodes applied to the head, and the connecting wires. The study concept is based on fixing changes the ohmic resistance of the blood vessels of the brain during the flow through them of an alternating weak current, but high frequency.
People often confuse REG and EEG because both research methods in the head to put on the electrodes. But only when EEG (electroencephalography) investigated the electrical activity of the cerebral cortex, such as epilepsy or epileptic syndrome, and in REG – vessels.
Hypertension no longer a death sentence?
The cardiologist said that there is finally a cure for hypertension …
Indications for use
This survey rheoencephalography as shown in the following diseases and complaints:
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine;
- dizziness, tinnitus (noise in ears);
- memory disorders;
- headaches of unclear etiology;
- insomniaque disorders (insomnia);
- or collaptoid condition;
- the consequences of traumatic brain injury (concussions or brain injury);
- atherosclerosis, vertebrobaziliarnaya failure.
How is the study
How do REG? The research is conducted:
- the patient lies on a couch;
- head, special electrodes are fixed; for best contact with the scalp they are lubricated with a special conductive gel;
- the fixing of the electrodes is carried out depending on the localization of the vascular pool to be study (carotid, vertebrobasilar);
- the study is performed with eyes closed, totally silent and painless.
Interpretation of results
Decoding results is performed by the doctor of functional diagnostics or physician neurophysiologist. The finished result resembles the curves that we see on the ECG record. To the untrained eye, the results of the study do not say anything.
Specialist can to answer the following questions:
- how large is the intensity of the filling with blood the arterial and venous channel in a particular pool;
- how blood vessels are elastic, the condition of the tonus of arteries and veins;
- how well organized venous outflow from the cranial cavity in jugular and superior Vena cava;
- there are no separate focal lesions of the vascular bed of the brain (for example, when large arteriovenous malformation, or congenital aneurysms, hemangioma);
- what is the status of functional blood flow after surgery or in the recovery after a stroke.
According to this study is also determined by the vascular response. So, for example, the following kinds of changes of vascular tone:
- Hypertensive type. Characterized by constant and persistent increase in tone of the main arterial vessels, may be restricted venous outflow.
- Dystonic type. For this variant is characterized by the decrease of vascular tone in the arterial part of the vascular bed, a decrease in pulse filling.
- Angiodistonia type. Is a variant of the dystonic type, blood flow in case of local violations of the vascular wall that develops as a result of the defect.
In addition, during reoentsefalografii there is a possibility of the fence functional tests: the patient is asked frequently and to take deep breaths (hyperventilation test), and rotate the head in different directions or tilt it. These samples are intended to detect a certain change in the blood flow during their performance. Most often, there is reduction in blood flow when turning the head, in the case of pronounced degenerative disc disease.
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.
Since REG is a non-invasive procedure in which there is no radiation exposure, no contraindications for carrying out of reoentsefalografii does not exist. Since the currents that are sent by the device, though, and are high frequency, but they are so weak in strength that it can be done even during pregnancy.
You have to understand that REG vessels – this study, which gives a General opinion on vascular tone and blood flow behavior. Therefore, no specific pictures of the vessels on the results will not be seen. As a rule, after reoentsefalografii appointed by ultrasound of brain vessels, in order to better understand the nature of the lesion and to identify the most «problematic» areas of the vascular bed.
Also to confirm the diagnosis (especially after turning positive samples) it is recommended that an x-ray of the cervical spine. This will allow us to Refine the localization of the lesion and to determine the area of greatest vascular compression due to the development of osteophytes.