Rheumatism of the heart: symptoms and treatment
What is rheumatism? It is an infectious disease which is the causative agent beta-hemolytic Streptococcus. The main foci of this infection are the bodies cardiovascular system, kidneys and joints. Today statistics says that the number of diseases decreases, but this happens only because they are less take into account, rarely exhibited this diagnosis. Despite this, symptoms and the first manifestation of this disease need to know in the first place in order to prevent severe complications.
Why is there a rheumatism of the heart?
Triggers the disease is contagious factor in bacteria beta-hemolytic Streptococcus of group A. the Infection is manifested in the form of tonsillitis (quinsy), lymphadenitis (lymph node enlargement). But for the development of rheumatic fever requires the formation of specific antibodies that cross-infection affect the body’s own tissues. Such a process in medicine is called autoimmune. Not every person after a streptococcal infection may develop rheumatic fever. This requires prerequisites in the form of defects of the immune system.
Once antibodies begin to affect the connective tissue of its own body, it is starting to happen, irreversible inflammation and then scarring. So, the heart starts to be formed cardiac defect, kidney – glomerulonephritis joints – arthritis.
Common symptoms of rheumatism
This is a disease that has many manifestations and is difficult to differentiate from other pathologies. Therefore, the diagnosis requires a large number of tests, diagnostic procedures and time. The only conclusive fact in favor of the rheumatism acts recent streptococcal infection (within 2 – 3 weeks before the onset of symptoms of rheumatism, which is so necessary in order to develop antibodies in the body).
Hypertension in the past now?
Cardiologists risk to remain without work — hypertension now curable!
Complaints of the heart do not occur immediately, but when it develops a defect, the heart muscle begins to work in a relaxed mode.
- Fatigue. Symptom that seemingly applies to many diseases, in fact reflects the weakness of the heart. To move, man needs oxygen. And it’s delivered by blood that’s moving through the vessels due to the rhythmic activity of the heart. If the heart muscle begins to work less, oxygen become less, one begins to get tired quickly. Simultaneously with fatigue may experience headaches and dizziness.
- The pain in the heart area. Bothers the patient during or after physical exertion, may increase in spring and autumn, when there is an exacerbation of the disease.
- Shortness of breath is shortness of breath. Occurs in severe cases, when the defect leads to cardio-pulmonary insufficiency.
In addition to the «heart» of symptoms of rheumatism there are a number of symptoms that help doctors put the correct diagnosis:
- Rheumatic fever. This is a frequent but not an obligatory symptom. In some patients the body temperature may be normal, some not to rise above 37,0 degrees, and some had to be about 40.0 degrees. On the background of fever there are often weakness, increased heart rate and increased perspiration.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is joint damage. A feature of this disease is symmetrical lesions of the large joints, that is sick paired joints on both sides (knee, hip, elbow). Occurs morning joint stiffness, a person needs to «go away» before this discomfort.
- Rash on the body in the form of erythematous (red) rings. Occurs in acute rheumatism, and quickly.
- Subcutaneous nodules – very rare symptom that occurs in the joints and tendons. Irregular symptom, persists for several months.
The treatment of rheumatism of the heart
Therapeutic activities include several stages: