Rosacea: what it is, how to treat, photos
Rosacea is not a medical diagnosis. Usually this term is used by beauticians to describe redness of the face associated with the expansion of the tiny blood vessels of the skin capillaries. Doctors call this condition of telangiectasia.
What it is – rosacea skin?
Rosacea is a condition in which the skin looks red due to the presence of small dilated blood vessels (capillaries) that are visible to the naked eye. It is very similar to rosacea, which is also observed red color of the face. Despite the external similarity, these diseases are quite different among themselves. To establish a correct diagnosis it is best to consult a dermatologist, who will prescribe the correct treatment.
Rosacea is more common in people with poor elasticity of blood vessel walls and thin skin. In the normal skin at the sudden rush of blood to the face to increase blood flow expands the capillaries, after which they return to a normal state. Capillaries with weakened wall expand no problem. However, they do not have sufficient strength in order to return to their normal size. The capillaries are dilated, which ultimately becomes the cause of red skin on the cheeks and nose.
What is rosacea?
Rosacea on the face is manifested by the following symptoms:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- Redness. Weakened capillaries cause permanent red face with the expansion of small blood vessels, visible to the naked eye. People with rosacea may have red face for longer than people without the disease. Redness typically appears along the nose and on the cheeks. Without proper care and treatment, the redness can become permanent as rosacea in this case progresses.
- Dryness and sensitivities. As a rule, couperose skin, delicate, dry and very sensitive. Still it must be remembered that sometimes such people can be combination or oily skin type.
Causes of rosacea
Rosacea develops due to poor elasticity of capillary walls and microcirculation disturbances. Its development can contribute to heredity, certain environmental conditions, exposure to chemicals. Although rosacea typically hereditary, living in to extreme temperatures of the environment can increase the probability of its occurrence. Constant exposure to high temperatures, frost and strong winds gradually thins the skin. Skin with rosacea often have a higher sensitivity, making it easy to damage. She also likely to develop redness. To avoid excessive impact on the person:
- hot or cold water;
- very high or very low temperature;
- direct sunlight;
- alcoholic beverages;
- hot and spicy foods;
- the use of certain drugs (calcium channel blockers);
- high blood pressure;
- too much money to care for the skin.
To be avoided or treated with extreme caution for any reasons, causing a rush of blood to the face.
How to treat rosacea?
To get rid of rosacea you can, so people with this disease should consult a dermatologist to determine the most appropriate treatment. In addition, great importance is skin care. If a person with rosacea will be able to develop the right regime of skin care and follow it, it will help him to strengthen capillary walls and reduce redness of the face. It should be remembered that people with rosacea can be any skin type – dry, combination and oily. When choosing products for skin care it is important to take this information into consideration.
You need to pay attention to funds with keratoplasty. Scientists have proven that this plant extract helps in the treatment of rosacea, strengthening the vascular wall. If symptom of rosacea is also an inflammation, you can try products that contain chamomile, which soothes skin irritation. Skin hydration is a very important part reduce redness. It is believed that moisturizers can be used to combat the redness while maintaining the skin’s moisture.
You should always wash your face with warm water. Very hot or very cold water can cause a rush of blood to the face, causing even more redness. Since in this disease the skin is thin and sensitive, with rosacea, peels should be performed very carefully, using only gentle methods (lactic, mandelic, phytic peels). If the treatment at home by using the correct skin care does not work, you can take a course of drug therapy. To eliminate redness of the face are used:
- The brimonidin is a recently introduced drug to combat the redness in rosacea. It’s an ointment or gel that should be applied on the face once a day. The drug acts by limiting the expansion of the capillaries of the skin. Scientific data show that it takes effect within half an hour after the first application, and its effect lasts about 12 hours. In the use of this tool may be effect, the worsening of the redness after stopping its application.
- Clonidine – this drug is for oral administration may relax the blood vessels.
- Beta blockers – drugs that reduce the activity of the heart.
- Anti-anxiety medications – sometimes used to reduce anxiety and reduce blood flow to the face.
The last three groups of drugs are prescribed by dermatologists rarely. In addition to conservative therapy, sometimes used treatment with laser or intense pulsed light. These techniques can also reduce redness. To eliminate rosacea may require 2 – 4 sessions of such procedures. Apparatus for treatment with laser or intense pulsed lights produce narrow beams of light to the visible capillaries on the face. The heat from these beams damage the enlarged blood vessels and causes them to disappear with minimal formation of scar tissue. This treatment can be painful, but most patients do not need anesthesia.
Overcame hypertension for 1 month
After 10 years of struggle with the disease Oleg Tabakov has told how was able to get rid of hypertension.