Signs of stroke in women: symptoms and first aid
Stroke is a common disease among the elderly, it is often subjected, and youth. According to medical statistics, every year, the attacks occur in 0,1-0,4% of the population aged 40 to 60 years. It is proved that women 18-40 years suffering from ischemic stroke more often than men. However, acute cerebrovascular brain lesions in old age among women is observed only after 60 years, whereas men are at higher risk after 40 years.
Sudden disruption of cerebral blood flow in women can be some of the factors that particularly affect the female body. Reasons:
- violations of hormonal levels in the polycystic ovaries, mastopathy;
- long-term use of oral contraceptives;
- Smoking after 30 years;
- protracted and frequently recurring attacks of migraine;
- increase during pregnancy the level of estrogen, which affects the level of blood clotting and production of blood clots.
Bad habits, namely Smoking in adulthood, not only contribute to the occurrence of stroke brain, but also the development of hypercholesteremia and coronary heart disease. Smoking causes intoxication and prolonged vasospasm.
The risk of stroke increases several times more for several reasons:
- the progression of somatic diseases;
- unbalanced diet, eating fatty, spicy, high calorie food;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- increased emotional and physical stress;
- the progression of serious infectious diseases.
Acute violation of cerebral blood circulation may occur with the simultaneous development of several of the above reasons. Women more than men suffer from the tendency of the loop on problems, frequent mood swings and depression, so they are more likely to develop a stroke in the brain.
As the practice of medicine, seizures, cerebrovascular disease in women are much heavier in contrast to the male half of humanity. The damage more serious that the rehabilitation process is longer. Mortality after stroke increases as women at a young age to ignore the first signs of circulatory disorders. In medicine they are called transient ischemic attacks.
This disease can manifest itself non-traditional and traditional symptoms. Atypical first signs of circulatory disorders of the brain often appear in the female sex. Therefore, the disease is harder to diagnose, to provide first aid and prescribe the necessary treatment for the first time after the stroke.
Typical first signs of a stroke:
- violation of coordination of movements;
- defects of speech;
- sudden severe headache accompanied by loss of hearing and vision;
- increased forgetfulness and impaired memory;
- weakness of facial muscles, numbness in the extremities.
How the flow of the ischemic strokes in women?
Symptoms of a stroke in women may develop on the background of pathological pregnancy, hormonal failure, Smoking, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, valvular heart disease, thyrotoxicosis etc. cerebral Ischemia the female half of humanity proceeds with its own characteristics. Signs of ischemic stroke.
- the increase in body temperature;
- swallowing, hiccup and nausea;
- unjustly severe headache;
- difficulty breathing and shortness of breath;
- incomprehensible and wrong speech;
- complete numbness in the extremities or on one side only;
- system dizziness, fall, loss of coordination;
- agitation and emotional instability.
Features of hemorrhagic stroke
Symptoms of hemorrhagic attack:
- rare pulse;
- strong unbearable pain in the head;
- speech disorders and disorders of the vestibular apparatus.
The reasons for the development of hemorrhagic stroke in women associated with the presence of congenital changed blood vessels of the brain (aneurysms) and with the formation of arteriovenous malformations (vessels without a clear structure).
How to help the patient?
Not everyone knows what to do if a loved one had a stroke, what treatment would help the patient to the ambulance. Patient provide the following aid:
Important! Drugs given to the patient only if there is confidence in the indications for their use. Otherwise, the patient may become worse. Appropriate treatment on arrival prescribed by a doctor.
Important! The first minutes after stroke and determine the further course of disease. Recognition of first symptoms and correct first aid can save the patient’s life. If you do everything as described in the instructions, the consequences of stroke may not be as serious.
How to recognize a stroke?
Unmistakable ways to recognize a stroke: