Spider veins on legs: causes and treatment
Spider veins on the legs, not only lead to cosmetic defects, but are the result of various pathological processes in the human body. They require an integrated approach to treatment to prevent their re-formation.
Why do I have spider veins, the mechanism of their development
Spider veins on the legs are referred to as in medicine, the term «telangiectasia». They are small protrusions of the walls of the capillaries (small blood vessels), which can be seen through the skin. Usually such formations are more likely to develop in women (due to thinner skin) under the action of various causes, which lead to a significant weakening of the vascular wall and its subsequent extensions in the form of spider veins.
Telangiectasias are polietiologichesky condition. This means that their development may cause the impact of a significant number of different reasons:
- Hereditary weakness of the connective tissue of the capillary walls, which is implemented at the genetic level (defective genes responsible for normal formation of blood vessels inherited).
- The failure of hormonal background of the woman’s body, usually developing on the background of menopause (age of extinction of activity of the reproductive system), post-abortion, childbirth, and hormonal drugs.
- Age-related changes of blood vessels, which can equally affect older men and women.
- Harmful habits such as nicotine and alcohol are cardiovascular toxins, leading to the weakening of their walls.
- Hobby fried, spicy, spicy food, which weakens the veins and capillaries.
- Infringement of a metabolism (metabolism) of the body, which leads to obesity or the development of diabetes.
- The trauma of the skin of the feet associated with frostbite or overheating.
- Prolonged lymphedema (lymph) in the skin and subcutaneous tissue of the legs, which is the result of prolonged standing on my feet wearing heels.
- Excessive sun exposure – prolonged tanning in the sun or in the tanning bed affects the blood vessels of the skin.
- Chronic somatic pathology that affects the liver, intestines, heart, endocrine system, affecting the functional state of the capillaries.
Also to the formation of spider veins causes a chronic pathology of the veins in the initial stages of its development, which includes rosacea (blood vessels increase in diameter mainly on the face in the form of a coiled blue moves) and varicose veins (expansion of large veins with predominant localization on the legs).
Hypertension no longer a death sentence?
The cardiologist said that there is finally a cure for hypertension …
What if there are spider veins, diagnosis of causes
As spider veins on the skin of the lower limbs in most cases are formed due to pathological reasons, for their effective treatment it is important to conduct thorough diagnostics. The doctor-phlebologist will prescribe different methods of instrumental, laboratory and functional studies, which include mandatory clinical and biochemical analysis of blood, research of a hormonal background and, if necessary, performed an ECG (electrocardiogram), ultrasound of the liver and kidneys. A meaningful diagnosis is possible only in a medical facility.
Therapy of spider veins on the legs is complex. It implies their radical removal by various methods of physical and chemical effects, as well as conservative therapy aimed at eliminating the causative factor. After diagnosis and finding out the main causes of possible drug correction of altered hormonal background of the organism, improvement metabolism, treatment of chronic somatic pathology. Also be sure to exclude the effects of precipitating factors, particularly important to stop Smoking, drinking alcohol, fried, spicy, spicy food, limit the load on the legs and eliminate excessive insolation of the skin.
How to get rid of spider veins?
Radical removal of spider veins on the skin is carried out using different methods. This is done individually, depending on their localization, number and sizes of stars. These methods include:
- Sclerotherapy – directly into the cavity of the spider veins introduced a special tool that leads to the death of mucosal cells, causing atresia of the lumen (sclerosis).
- Laser therapy – the laser removal at the expense of acupressure high energy that leads to «evaporation» of education.
- Cryotherapy – is the impact point on the vascular asterisk very low temperature (about -196° C), which uses liquid nitrogen.
- Electrocoagulation – local application of the electric current of a certain intensity and frequency to cause a significant increase in temperature in the region of telangiectasia, with subsequent cell death and sclerosis of education.
- Ozone therapy – introduction to vascular asterisk ozone, leading to imperforate its lumen.
- Contactless methods of surgery that involves the use of special radiowave scalpel.
For prolonged conservative treatment and prevention apply the cream from spider veins, vitamin K, ascorbic acid and rutin that help strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Each method of therapy has its advantages and disadvantages. If not diagnose what was formed telangiectasia after radical removal after a certain period of time of relapse (exacerbation) of the pathological process. Therefore, effective therapy of these formations is possible only in a medical facility with the appropriate specialist (doctor-phlebologist), but not in the beauty parlor.