Surgery for varicose veins in the legs
Vein disease of the lower limbs take a very unpleasant feeling – a feeling of «heavy legs», swelling, unbearable pain and aesthetic discomfort. The desire to radically solve the problem leads to surgery. How varicose veins treated by a surgeon?
Types of operations
Technique of surgical intervention is constantly being improved – surgical treatment of varicose veins is becoming less invasive and traumatic. Advanced techniques allow patients to heal quickly, painlessly and without hospitalization. Significantly reduced the frequency of complications and recurrences. The choice of surgical approach is strictly individual and depends on the stage of the pathological process, associated diseases and General health.
The method of treatment chosen by the doctor-flebolog strictly individual and depends on the size and extent of the lesions of venous trunks, of the severity of venous insufficiency and the General condition. Mandatory preparatory step for surgery is the ultrasonic Doppler study of the veins of the lower extremities. It allows you to pinpoint the affected areas of the bloodstream, even in those places where it is inaccessible to the eye. In the absence of threat of life of patient preference for minimally invasive operations. They are conducted on an outpatient basis, require less anesthesia, lighter and highly efficient. The frequency of complications and recurrences is very small and depends on the experience and qualifications of the surgeon.
Indications for surgical treatment
Surgical intervention for varicose veins of the lower extremities displayed a wide range of patients because accessing professional help often occurs in the later stages of the disease.
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- Visually define «swollen» veins, larger units, reminiscent of woven snakes.
- Long-term healing of trophic ulcers on the legs.
- Extensive damage of the limb.
- The feeling of «heavy legs», swelling, not stretching fully after the holidays.
- The subcutaneous venous thrombosis – formation of thrombus and the inflammatory process in the wall of varicose changed veins.
Contraindications to surgical treatment
Phlebectomy requires a very high adaptive abilities of cardiovascular system and organism on the whole, therefore, has contraindications.
- Deep vein thrombosis of the lower extremities.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Bad korrigeerima hypertension.
- Old age.
- Infectious diseases – nasyrovna chronic infections and lesions of the skin in the area of planned intervention (pyoderma, erysipelas, etc.)
Adverse effects of phlebectomy
To avoid unpleasant and dangerous complications, you must carefully follow the recommendations phlebologist in the postoperative period is to adopt a rational mode of exercise and physical therapy, wear a properly chosen compression stockings, to use prescription drugs. Ignoring these simple rules can lead to serious diseases and life threatening conditions:
- deep vein thrombosis;
- pulmonary embolism;
- reduced sensitivity of the skin due to nerve damage;
- pain in region of wound;
- the formation of large hematomas;
- suppuration of postoperative hematoma.
Surgery for varicose veins is designed to get rid of the vicious level of blood circulation. However, over time the disease can involve new, previously not affected areas of the veins. Therefore, patients with a predisposition to varicose veins or already operated about it, should be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Control the body weight.
- Build a rational mode of work and rest.
- Refrain from Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Timely and expert help treat other diseases affecting vascular wall such as arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, etc.
- When deciding about contraception with your gynecologist tell him about the vein disease.
- Take care of the comfort of the foot – pick the maximum physiological shoes. Do not wear any items of the toilet, surrounding the thigh or calf.
- Give up the Elevator. In his leisure hours give preference to walking, Cycling, swimming.
- Take a contrast shower – it’s a workout for the vessel walls, allowing you to literally pump up their muscular component.
- On night time sleep and day rest keep your legs elevated on a special pillow or cushion.
- Pay particular attention to the legs during pregnancy.
Timely access to a specialist allows you to choose an individual method of surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities – the most safe and effective. Remember that self-treatment without surgery does not lead to a miraculous healing, but only to the loss of precious time.