Symptoms of stroke in women, first aid
A stroke is called acute circulatory disorders of the brain in which there is ischemia and death of its cells. The risk of developing this disease increases with age. With extensive brain damage, the prognosis is poor. The article describes stroke in women indicates the features of its occurrence and treatment.
When blockage of the blood vessels that provide blood flow to the tissues of the brain, evolving ischemic stroke. When this nerve cells do not receive the necessary amount of oxygen and die. When rupture of blood vessels in the brain talking about the hemorrhagic type of the disease. In this stroke the blood accumulates in the brain and presses on the surrounding nerve tissue, disrupting their normal functioning. Favorable factors for the development of stroke:
- arterial hypertension is at a constant increase in blood pressure in the blood vessel wall lose their elasticity and become more prone to breaks;
- a disease in which disrupted the normal rhythm of the heart, as arrhythmias are often formed clots, which increases the risk of stroke;
- hypercholesterolemia – in front of her on the walls of blood vessels cholesterol plaques appear, which contributes to the clogging and disruption of normal blood flow;
- diabetes – when specified pathology vessels become more fragile, which is another favorable factor to their rupture and the development of stroke;
- aneurysms of cerebral vessels;
- violation of blood coagulation;
- improper diet and obesity;
- bad habits, especially Smoking;
- atherosclerosis of brain vessels;
- spasm of the vessels under the action of catecholamines;
- hormonal drugs that contain estrogen (they increase blood clotting);
- chronic intoxication of the organism;
- congenital malformations of cerebral vessels;
- collagen and vasaputi of various etiologies;
- infectious vascular injury (e.g., in the presence of HIV or hepatitis C);
- blood diseases (e.g., hemolytic anemia or leukemia);
- cancer pathology, in which embolism of the vessels;
- encephalitis, meningitis, other severe brain damage.
The first signs
The traditional symptoms of the disease among women:
- dizziness and buzzing in the ears, pain;
- it is difficult;
- impaired memory;
- numbness in the arms or legs, sometimes the face;
- violation of coordination of movements.
To confirm that these symptoms are indeed a manifestation of stroke, one should conduct such tests:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- if the woman smiles, but one half of the face is immobile – it’s a stroke;
- a woman should be asked to raise their hands and try to hold them in this position; in stroke observed muscle weakness, so to do it, it will fail;
- to confirm the stroke should also be asked to stick out tongue: if there is acute ischemia or hemorrhage in the brain tissue, the tip of the tongue the woman will deviate in the direction of localization of the pathological focus;
- when poor blood circulation in the brain is disturbed articulation, so the person with a stroke are difficult to copy any, even a simple phrase.
What to do upon detection of such symptoms? Faster than to consult a doctor, the more favorable the prognosis. Optimally, if people receive medical care in the first 3 hours after the attack. Otherwise there are severe consequences (for example, speech defects, complete loss of vision or hearing, development of partial or complete paralysis, loss of memory or even death). Atypical manifestations of stroke among women:
- mental disorders in the form of confusion or loss of consciousness, significant disorientation;
- marked weakness, as well as hiccup and nausea;
- dry mouth;
- the pain is sharp in nature on one side of the body or face;
- tachycardia and chest pain;
- shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.
Symptoms of a stroke in women may also include double vision or loss of vision, vomiting, convulsions, disturbance of sensation, increased body temperature, impaired swallowing.
First aid for suspected stroke
It includes the following:
- immediately call an ambulance;
- the patient is put in a horizontal position, the head must be at 30° above the body; if there is vomiting the head should be turned to the side;
- to ensure free breathing, free from pressure of clothing;
- to measure the pressure at excessively high rates to put to feet a hot-water bottle;
- to the head you can apply a cold compress or an ice pack (on the opposite side of the localization of paralysis);
- to create an absolute rest for the patient;
- prohibited to give any medications.
The patient is required hospitalitynet. If after an attack of ischaemic stroke is within 6 hours, conduct tromboliticescoy therapy, which involves the use of drugs that dissolve blood clots. In hemorrhagic stroke, when bleeding is localized superficially, may be it emergency surgical removal, which helps to prevent a number of serious complications and to restore some of the lost functions of the brain. Further medical therapy involves the reception of such groups of drugs:
- correctors of circulation in cerebral vessels (e.g., Fezam);
- nootropic drugs (Piracetam);
- antiplatelet agents (Heparin);
- drugs that are struggling with hypoxia (eg, inflammation);
- antiplatelet agents (Aspirin);
- angioprotectors (e.g., Cerebrolysin).
In the future, patients recommend therapy. Tactics of treatment depends on the type of stroke, so it is determined solely by the doctor. To prevent recurrent attacks may be performed endarterectomy of the carotid arteries, angioplasty or stenting of the vessels that go to the brain and are responsible for its normal blood supply.
How to avoid stroke?
To prevent the deterioration of cerebral circulation, remove precipitating factors that lead to such violations:
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.
- prevention of atherosclerosis; it is important to follow a proper diet, monitor cholesterol, and if necessary, take appropriate medication for the regulation of lipid metabolism;
- regular exercise that strengthens the cardiovascular system and are a good prevention of obesity;
- Smoking cessation;
- warning of stress;
- prevention and early treatment of diseases that are able to provoke the development of stroke, especially diabetes, hypertension and abnormalities of blood accompanied with excessive formation of blood clots.
After ischemic stroke to prevent recurrent attacks, your doctor may prescribe a preventive treatment with the use of antiplatelet drugs and anticoagulants, cerebroprotector and tools that improve microcirculatory processes in the brain (Actovegin, Trental or Cerebrolysin).
After a hemorrhagic stroke is recommended prophylactic administration of sedative, hypotensive drugs, drugs, which strengthens blood vessels and prevents atherosclerotic changes. The importance of proper nutrition and the regulation of the mode of the day with a physical and psychological stress.