That shows ultrasound of the heart?
Some diseases of the cardiovascular system are diagnosed only by ultrasound. Only ultrasound can show all structures of the heart, their location and the flow of blood to the cells. The method has been widely used due to their high information content and also safe and painless. So it can be used even for infants.
That shows ultrasound of the heart?
With the help of ultrasound examination of the heart could determine the morphological structure of the body, i.e. its structure, size of cardiac chambers (Atria and ventricular) and heart in General, the thickness of the heart muscle and the volume of heart cavities. In addition, the method allows to determine the pressure in the pulmonary artery, to evaluate the performance of the valves, the presence or absence of blood clots (thrombi) in the cavity of the heart and scarring in the myocardium.
Normal levels ultrasound
After the examination the patient is given a Protocol, which specifies the parameters of work of heart muscle and blood vessels. Indicators norms depend on the age and sex of the patient. So, for men of normal mass of myocardium is at least 135 grams and not more than 182 grams, the minimum value for women is 95 grams, a maximum of 141 grams.
Mass index muscular wall of the left ventricle – the ratio of myocardial mass of the surface area of the human body. Normal for men, the figure is 71 – 95 g/m2 for women – 71 – 90 g/m2. An important indicator of heart function is the volume of the left ventricle at the end diastole (relaxation) or end-diastolic volume (EDV). BWW is the volume of blood that the left ventricle contains before systole (contraction of the heart). Also take into account the size of the left ventricle during this period, or end-diastolic dimension (CRA). So, for men the indicators of the ODF/KDR is 65 – 193 ml/4.5 to 5.7 cm for women rate 59 – 136 ml/4,5 – 6,7 cm Thickness of the wall of the left ventricle during relaxation of the rule is to 1.1, see If the setting exceeds the norm, speak about the hypertrophy of the myocardium of the left ventricle.
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
Ejection fraction is a percentage, reflects the volume of blood ejected from the ventricle during systole (contraction). Normally do not all the blood goes to the blood vessels, and only 55 – 60 % of its total number, the part remains in the ventricle. If you decline you can talk about the failure of the heart muscle and blood stasis in the left ventricle.
In which cases will be assigned to ultrasound of the heart adult?
Very often diseases of the cardiovascular system manifest themselves outside the box, and the person may not even be aware that it is necessary to examine the heart and blood vessels. Therefore, if the doctor the patient is assigned to ultrasound of the heart, it is not surprising – as a rule, this examination was justified. Complaints that the doctor may send the patient for ultrasound of the heart:
- Shortness of breath, labored or rapid breathing, especially after exertion. This symptom may be a sign of increased pressure in the pulmonary circulation.
- Headache and dizziness is a possible sign of heart disease or disorders of the blood vessels.
- The pain in the heart region, chest, left arm or under the left shoulder blade. The pain may be both permanent and periodic in nature, may radiate to the different parts of the body to worsen after physical or emotional stress. Besides pain in the projection of the heart can be felt as a burning sensation or a feeling of heaviness and compression.
- Instability of blood pressure. Threat not only to hypertension (increased blood pressure), and hypotension (low blood pressure). Both of these symptoms can be signs of disruption of the heart muscle or developing heart disease.
- The feeling of interruptions in heart work, rhythm disturbance, a sense of «jumping» of the heart from the chest. Generally to diagnose this condition in addition to the use of echocardiography, ECG, as it helps to determine the level of conduction disorders of the heart. Ultrasound in these cases will help to eliminate heart disease, which can also disrupt the heart rhythm.
- Varicose veins, lower extremity swelling, pastoznost legs. Ultrasound of the heart when these symptoms prescribed for elimination of the defect.
In addition to the above symptoms, the Echo-KS are needed to monitor heart muscle after heart surgery or myocardial infarction.
In some cases, ultrasound of the heart is assigned to the child?
- Difficulties with breastfeeding – the baby is not nursing, quickly gets tired, cranky, skin around the mouth pale or blue. These symptoms may be a sign of oxygen starvation of the internal organs of the baby, and the cause can be congenital heart disease or malformations of the blood vessels.
- Acrocyanosis (bluish distant from the heart parts of the body) – when you cry or crying the child has blue lips, skin around mouth, hands or feet. These are signs of insufficiency of the cardiovascular system;
- Heart murmur heard during auscultation of the heart – a direct indication for examination of the heart. It will mark the pediatrician during the child’s examination and give direction on ultrasound of the heart.
- The pain in the heart region is described by older children as something strange. Chest can «something to bite», «stabbing», «pounding» or «beating». In addition, the child may complain that he is tired during the game that he needs to rest. It especially requires an examination of the toddler who gets tired of the game more often than other peers.
What are the types of heart ultrasound?
That does not show ultrasound of the heart?
- The structure of the coronary arteries that feed the heart, all over. Ultrasound shows only their mouth.
- Heart rate and work the cardiac conduction system. Ultrasound will determine the presence of extrasystoles, arrhythmia, conduction disorder of the heart.