The child raised eosinophils in the blood: causes
Eosinophilia is the increase in the circulating blood of a certain type of white blood cells (eosinophils). It occurs as a protective reaction of the organism to the appearance in the inner environment of agents with defined characteristics. Eosinophilia can cause chemical substances, microorganisms and their fragments. The most common pool increase of eosinophils occurs in children. Eosinophilia is an independent disease is not. It reflects the violation of the constant parameters of the internal environment of the organism, its constancy (homeostasis). The exception is leukemia.
What is eosinophils?
White blood cells — which has 2 lobes, receptive to the dye acidic pH spectrum (eosin). This determined the name of this type of granulocytes. Red bone marrow is the place of formation of eosinophils. They are part of the immune system. During the ripening of cells undergo stage from common myeloid progenitor to the segmented eosinophils. They have the following abilities:
- actively move ambienam way;
- to move toward the right agent;
- to leave the blood stream;
- to phagocytose (eat) the small particle size of alien origin;
- to absorb the histamine and the complexes «antigen-antibody»;
- to secrete enzymes that destroy the shell alien agent (the larvae of the parasite);
- to produce biologically active substances (prostaglandins and others);
- participate in the formation of plasminogen.
What level of eosinophils is normal?
Values normal values may vary in each laboratory. They are determined by the reagents, equipment and units in a specific medical facility. Most laboratories measures the number of eosinophils as a percentage of all leukocytes. Thus not evaluated total number of cells, and their share among other leukocytes. You must understand that this means that the study will be evaluated only relative terms. When using this technique, normal values can be:
- for children 1 to 14 days 1 to 6 – 8%;
- from 15 to 365 days from 1 to 5%;
- year to 2 years 1 – 7%;
- with 2 to 5 years 1 to 6%;
- from 5 to 15 years 1 to 4%;
- over 15 years of from 0.5 to 5%.
When using counting absolute number of eosinophils in the blood, the unit is 10^9/L. this normal will be the indicators:
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- an infant (from the first day of life to years) – 0,05 – 0,4;
- year to 6 years this value will be from 0.02 to 0.3;
- in children older than 6 years and adults, the normal level of eosinophils is in the range of from 0.02 to 0.5.
When eosinophils in the blood increased?
Elevated eosinophils can be detected in blood, conducted the study. Causes of eosinophilia are varied. Excess of eosinophils can be detected in the presence of the following pathological conditions:
- Allergic diseases. For dermatitis, rhinitis, pollinose, bronchial asthma and other allergic diseases, the level of eosinophils is increased. This is due to their sensitivity to the presence of histamine, immunoglobulins and other substances.
- Helminthic infestations. A variety of parasitic agents (villarosa to ascariasis) caused increased production of eosinophils.
Rare causes of eosinophilia
Allergic reactions and helminth infection are the cause of more than 70% of cases of eosinophilia in children. In other cases, the diagnosis led to the increase in the level of eosinophils States will be held between:
- A connective tissue. In the case of a patient of systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, periarteritis nodosa, etc. increase in eosinophils occurs in response to the elaboration of pathological substances their own body.
- Tumor processes. The cause of eosinophilia may be the presence of hematological malignancies (erythremia, leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, etc.) and the other (solid) tumors with a significant prevalence. Provoking factors is the metastasis and necrotic tissue destruction (decay).
- Immunodeficiency States. This eosinophilia is observed in the syndrome of Wiskott-Aldrich.
- Tropical eosinophilia. Under this condition, an infectious agent triggers an increase in the number of eosinophils in the background of the special climatic conditions (high humidity level and air temperature).
- Staphylococcal infection. The reaction of the eosinophils in this case is not specific.
- Insufficient intake of magnesium of the child.
- The decreased functioning of the thyroid gland.
- The holding of antibiotic therapy.
- Exudative processes of different origin.
- Increase vagal tone, including those with dystonia.
Treatment of eosinophilia
As in most cases, eosinophilia is a reaction to the presence of diseases (excluding leukemia), for the correction of the leukocyte count should be treated. After the disease back to remission or is cured, the indices of granulocyte level normalized independently.
In the appointment of treatment is necessary to remember that the decrease in the level of eosinophils in the background of the rise of other signs of the disease may serve as a sign not of process improvement and a significant release of eosinophil cells in the tissue. This is often the case in the presence of the exudative process.
What you need to do when it detects the child has eosinophilia?
The concern of parents about the child’s health must be the focus of attention of the pediatrician. Especially important this principle is in the first year of life. At this time, the child is faced daily with a significant number of foreign agents that can cause common allergic reactions. When the results of the analysis of blood eosinophilia should:
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.
- inform the pediatrician;
- to complete assignments made by the doctor;
- nursing mother to stick to the recommended diet;
- conduct additional diagnostic procedures (if needed).