The pulse of a healthy person
Our heart beats tirelessly, but being in a relaxed state we do not feel it. To know your heart rate, can measure one very simple parameter – pulse. In this article we will discuss what should be the pulse of a healthy person.
Pulse is the aftershocks that can be felt, feeling the large artery. These shocks arise as a result of contractions of the heart, so cardiac arrest is always accompanied by the absence of a pulse in the blood vessels. In General, the pulse is an important biological marker that doctors can judge the physical fitness of a person and, most important, about the state of his heart.
In normal healthy human heart has to contract 60 to 100 times per minute, respectively, this should be a pulse. But these limits are highly relative, since the pulse rate is not constant, but dependent on the number of reasons the value. And these causes are not always associated with some pathological processes. That is, there are many situations in which the output of this parameter for the normal range is physiological.
Factors affecting pulse rate
Physiological fluctuations in heart rate (HR) and heart rate, respectively, beyond the norm, can occur in perfectly healthy people. In particular, at this critical biomarker is influenced by the following factors:
Hypertension in the past now?
Cardiologists risk to remain without work — hypertension now curable!
- Sex. In women, the pulse is always slightly higher than men. During pregnancy, the future mom may develop even physiological tachycardia – the condition, accompanied by rapid heart rate.
- The height and weight. Than people are bigger (taller and thicker), the heart requires more strength to pump blood through the body, so if the strength is not enough, the heart has to beat faster.
- Physical tension. While doing any physical work heartbeat always quickens. Often in such circumstances, the heart rate reaches numbers of 120 and even 140 beats per minute. However, the important feature of a healthy body from the patient is that it heart rate returns to normal within a few minutes after work. If the same person long after loads of «feel» your heart, you should consult a cardiologist for examination.
- Emotions. Any excitement, mental stimulation, and sometimes even the presence of the physician is accompanied by the acceleration of his pulse.
- The position of the body. Heart rate always increases, when people from lying position goes to sitting or standing. This happens reflexively.
- Digestion. When the body is actively undergoing digestion, and heart rate may become rapid.
- The phase of respiration. On the inhalation the heart begins to shrink faster.
Age and heart rate
The younger the child is, the more often he has a pulse. This pattern is simple: a small heart are more likely to decline to provide all organs and tissues with essential nutrients in full. With age, the heart rate is reduced to 20 years optimal heart rate is considered 60 – 80, the elderly heart rate, usually higher – up to 90 – 100 beats per minute. In this regard, when assessing the pulse rate, always consider the age of the person.
The pulse of athletes
For athletes involved in aerobic sports (swimming, Cycling, Jogging, etc.), the normal heart rate of 40 – 60 that ordinary untrained person is considered bradycardia – a pathological condition, accompanied by a decrease in heart rate.
Associated these features with the fact that physically active people cardiac muscle trains as well as other muscles of the body. It, each time becoming more hardy and strong, so at rest to pump blood heart of the athlete requires less reductions than the heart physically passive people.
How to measure pulse?
Pulse and blood pressure, body temperature and other biological markers, it is very important to measure correctly, otherwise the result and its interpretation, and the prescribed treatment will be incorrect. The main rule of the pulse is calm. That is, if you just need to check your pulse (and not tests of endurance), you should wait to calm down and rest after climbing stairs, after completing some work, etc. the Second condition is the correct choice of location on the body of the probing pulse. In an adult this is best done in the following locations:
- On the inner surface of the forearm, under your thumb on your wrist. Here is the radial artery.
- On the neck right under the jaw, about midway between the mandibular angle and chin. Here is carotid artery. Important: do not long and hard to put pressure on this area because of pinching worsens blood supply of the brain and possible even loss of consciousness.
In addition, the pulse can be detected at other large vessels – femoral, temporal, popliteal, subclavian arteries. In children, especially the smallest, the most convenient place for the probing pulse is the projection of the carotid artery and whiskey, also can judge the heart rate and the large Fontanelle of the baby.
Doctors believed that I had cured the hypertension!
«Hypertension is not a death sentence. Just need to take care of myself» — the blog of actor Oleg Tabakov.
To feel the pulse, it is recommended to attach to the projection of the artery several folded along the fingers and not point one. Thus it is necessary to take care of the clock arrow. The optimal time for pulse – 30 seconds (the resulting figure should be multiplied by 2) or one minute.