Thick blood: symptoms in men
Thick blood – this colloquial expression refers to increased blood viscosity. The emergence of such a state is fraught with thrombosis of large and small vessels, so the reveal must be timely. Consider what signs may indicate an increased density of blood to the male.
What is the normal blood viscosity?
Viscosity is a physical property that is determined using a special apparatus – viscometer. Normal levels of blood viscosity for adult men – 4,3 – 5,3 (if you compare with water which has a relative viscosity 1). The value of this parameter depends on many factors:
- The number of blood cells. If they are more than normal, the density increases. Therefore overestimated the rate of red blood cells and hemoglobin is not always a sign of «heroic» health.
- The ratio of plasma and formed elements (hematocrit). If the plasma becomes less, the blood thickens.
- The concentration of plasma proteins. The more, the plasma is more viscous.
It is also worth noting that the viscometers are not in every lab, so a simple blood test measurement of viscosity is not included, but the doctors can sort out how, if a normal density of blood at the person on the other indicators (number of erythrocytes, hemoglobin concentration, hematocrit) and, of course, the symptoms that the patient. If you want to accurately determine the viscosity of the blood, the person can be directed to a specialized medical facility with the required equipment.
The reasons for the increase in blood viscosity
Increasing this parameter will result in the following pathological conditions:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- Dehydration, which can occur due to uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea.
- Leukemia, accompanied by an increase in the number of formed blood elements.
- Diseases of the liver and spleen.
- Metabolic disorders (particularly diabetes mellitus).
- Helminthiasis. The presence of parasites in the body, is a powerful stimulus for the production of antibodies, so if the worms live in the body for a long time, the concentration of immunoglobulins is constantly growing.
- Chronic diseases of the lung, in which hypoxia and increased inflammatory proteins in plasma.
- Multiple myeloma – a form of cancer.
- Systemic diseases, which increase the concentration of plasma proteins.
- Macroglobulinemia waldenstrom’s where in the body are synthesized pathological macro globulins.
- Polycythemia and other diseases.
Signs of thick blood men
If the viscosity of the blood increased slightly, the patient may not notice the problem because the body compensates for these changes by various mechanisms. Symptoms occur when due to a pathological density slows down microcirculation and, consequently, impaired nutrition and respiration of tissues and cells. Manifestations of this condition can be:
- Headaches and dizziness associated with hypoxia of the brain.
- Constant fatigue, malaise, somnolence.
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities (small vessels of the hands and feet are first to feel the changes of rheological properties of blood).
- Blurred vision (occur because of reduced blood supply to the retina).
If the density of the blood increases, on the background of cardiovascular disease, expressed atherosclerosis or vascular diseases of the brain, the consequences can be more serious:
- Vascular thrombosis, which may lead to the development of heart attack or ischemic stroke.
- Paradoxically, and increased bleeding. Very often the bleeding tendency in parallel with the thick blood occurs in leukemia.
- Hemorrhage of the brain.
Heart disease with increased blood viscosity and are compounded due to the fact that the myocardium must work harder to pump the thicker fluid through the vessels. This extra load can trigger a heart attack. In General, the symptoms of thick blood is directly dependent on what the pathology was the cause of this condition and what other comorbidities have with men.
How to reduce the thickness of blood?
Because increased blood viscosity is not a disease, but a manifestation of other ailments, for the normalization of this indicator it is necessary to remove the cause, i.e. to identify and cure the underlying disease. In the case of dehydration, all should replenish liquid in the body via oral or parenteral rehydration. Other ailments to normalize the rheological properties of blood is much more difficult to remove because of her pathological proteins or «extra» cells is possible only by special methods of treatment.
Besides, it’s not always the doctors can identify such a rare disease as macroglobulinemia or multiple myeloma. Therefore, all patients with laboratory and clinical signs of thick blood should undergo an in-depth study and based on its results to be treated. There are also various diets and popular methods to reduce the density of blood, but to experiment with them without doctor’s recommendations impossible.
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.