Treatment of cerebral vessels: medicines, vitamins
The brain is the organ which allows a person to be socially active – to build family relationships, to learn, to work in the profession. The deterioration of blood supply can lead to loss of memory, attention, physical activity, which significantly reduces the quality of life.
The reasons for the decline of the power of the brain
Of all organs the human body our brain is the most sensitive to the quality of the blood supply. He constantly vital oxygen, glucose and other nutrients. From vessels, their vitality and flexibility of the walls depends on the nutrition of neurons. Once a deficit occurs, the minute a person feels discomfort – «head like a stranger.» What are the reasons for inadequate blood vessels of the head and neck?
Signs of violation of brain blood supply
Problems with blood vessels familiar to many people over the age of 40, but often they are written off to fatigue, age or other reasons. Meanwhile, to ignore them is dangerous – you need time to be examined by a neurologist to keep a full life for many years. Here are the symptoms that should alert:
- fatigue, drowsiness;
- emotional lability – an inexplicable mood swings;
- character change – the buildup of resentment, tearfulness, childish damn behavior;
- memory loss – the «loss» of titles and names, «floating» memories in a few minutes of trying;
- deterioration of coordination of movements – the emergence of shuffling or festinating gait, unsteadiness when walking, the need to hold onto walls, furniture or walkers;
- mental decline to the score, memorization of new information.
If You notice symptoms in elderly loved ones, understand that this is not the old age is a disease! It needs to be cured to preserve cognitive function for as long as possible.
Hypertension no longer a death sentence?
The cardiologist said that there is finally a cure for hypertension …
Drug treatment of cerebral vessels
All preparations for the vessels of the neck and brain must be agreed with the doctor, because they have contraindications. This is especially true for those who are constantly taking drugs for other diseases – some tools can interact with each other. What kind of doctor treats these patients? This can be a therapist, a General practitioner or neurologist.
Before you treat the blood vessels, in the first place is therapy of the underlying disease: the cholesterol-lowering atherosclerosis (statins, fibrates, sequestrant fatty acids, treatment Podmore bees), glycemic control in diabetes, stabilizing blood pressure levels in hypertension. Good impact on the brain, aerobic physical activity – Hiking and Cycling in the fresh air. Than to treat worsening memory and reduced attention? Directly to improve blood vessels of the brain are taking the following medications:
- calcium antagonists – Verapamil, Nifedipine, Diltiazem, the most effective is Nimodipine, Cinnarizine, they should be strongly considered by the doctor as they act on arteries of the whole body;
- remedies based on plant alkaloids – Ginkgo Biloba (Tanakan, Bilobil) and periwinkle (Vinpocetine, Cavinton);
- drugs based on nicotinic acid (Enduracin, Nikoshpan) also have a pronounced systemic effect and should strictly be agreed with a specialist.
On the other hand, a neurologist may prescribe pills for improving the rheological properties (fluidity) of blood – this will allow red blood cells to get into the smallest capillaries and deliver oxygen to the most remote areas of the brain. These tools include acetylsalicylic acid in low dosages, heparins. In some cases, be preferable spasmolytics (Drotaverine, Papaverine) and a vasodilator (Trental, Vazaprostan). Many patients consider taking nootropics, which improves the exchange of neurotransmitters between nerve cells. Most popular the drug Piracetam; in the same group – Cortexin, Cerebrolysin. Popular drug antihypoxic action of Actovegin.
Vitamin preparations for the treatment of cerebral vessels
Vitamins occupy an important place in the health of blood vessels and nerve tissue. Most significant for preservation of memory and intelligence following:
- ascorbic acid (vitamin C) – strengthens the walls of tiny blood vessels;
- rutin (vitamin P), together with ascorbic acid is responsible for the strength of the endothelium of the capillaries;
- thiamine (vitamin B1), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) is necessary for proper functioning of neurons; the lack of these vitamins frequently observed in the elderly in relation to poverty of diet and impaired absorption in the intestines, so the need for their extra time, better rates of injecting drugs;
- omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids provide neurons with energy, otherwise impossible the transmission of nerve impulses,
- iodine deficiency can also manifest cognitive impairment.
The lack of some of these substances may be filled with a varied and properly prepared food, others are best pursued in the form of special preparations. A comprehensive approach to the treatment of cerebral vessels is better to discuss with a neurologist. Ignoring the symptoms and no treatment increases the risk of acute disorders of cerebral circulation – stroke.