Treatment of dyscirculatory encephalopathy
Dyscirculatory encephalopathy (DE) is a chronic disease, the manifestations of which are progressing over time, and the patient’s condition is getting worse. The treatment of this disease it is advisable to start in the early stages to slow down the appearance of severe complications. Consider what constitutes the disease, and what approaches to treatment are used in modern medicine.
What is it?
Discirculatory encephalopathy of the brain is a chronic insufficiency of blood supply that leads to his focal and diffuse changes. This condition could occur within a few years, and then manifested severe cerebral functions.
How is this disease? Various reasons lead to infringement of normal work of vessels. Gradually parts of the brain with poor blood supply start to feel the lack of oxygen and nutrients. This leads to a reduction of their functionality, and then to the death of nerve cells. This blood disorder develops slowly, over several years, so all the symptoms at first are weak and only over time begin to progress. This distinguishes dyscirculatory encephalopathy from a stroke, in which the insufficiency of blood supply occurs acutely.
Causes of development problems
The reason for this disease are various diseases and conditions that lead to a gradual reduction in the diameter of the vessel wall and reduce the elasticity of its walls:
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
What is encephalopathy
Depending on the causes distinguish:
- atherosclerotic DAE (usually disturbed blood flow in large vessels);
- mixed origin;
- other causes (rheumatism, vasculitis, malformations, etc.).
In clinical practice often meet the first three options. In addition, there are separate stage of the disease and rate of progression of the pathological process (rapidly progressive, slowly progressive).
Depending on what area of the brain is supplied badly to the disease may be characterized by the following symptoms:
- problems with speech: the patient does not perceive the speech addressed to him, but is unable to pronounce certain words;
- memory impairment: suffering short-term memory, and long-term;
- hearing loss, hallucinations, noises and tingling in the head;
- problems with vision and perception of tastes and odors;
- personality changes: the patient has new traits, he can become irritable and Moody or, alternatively, to remain constantly in a cheerful mood;
- problem with writing and reading;
- headaches and sleep problems;
- autonomic manifestations: nausea, dryness of mucous membranes, vomiting, convulsions;
- the incoordination and unsteadiness of gait.
Depending on the severity of these symptoms of DE divided into several stages. Taking into account this stage and symptoms of the disease and select the appropriate treatment regimen:
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis is based on clinical and research results:
Doctors believed that I had cured the hypertension!
«Hypertension is not a death sentence. Just need to take care of myself» — the blog of actor Oleg Tabakov.
- MRI. There are specific Mr characteristics which help to suspect this disease;
- inspection specialists (ophthalmologist, ENT, neurologist, etc.);
In addition, exploring the work of the heart and the blood pressure parameters and check the kidneys and other internal organs and systems. For TEH characteristic of a certain Mr-picture, but to confirm the diagnosis, to exclude other pathology of the brain. Treatment of dyscirculatory encephalopathy begin as early as possible. First normalize the diet and regimen of the patient’s day. He was transferred to gipoholesterinovu diet and enjoin gentle treatment of the load. Drug treatment includes:
- drugs that reduce blood pressure;
- vitamins and antioxidants;
- medications that improve blood rheology and reduces its viscosity (antiplatelet agents);
- medications that improve blood supply vessels (Piracetam, etc.);
- drugs that protect nerve cells and improves tissue regeneration.
The choice of drugs depends on the stage of the disease and comorbidities of the patient. Therapy folk remedies can be used as an additional method, but after consultation with the doctor. In addition, treatment depends on the cause of the disease (atherosclerotic, hypertensive, or complex Genesis).
DE bad diagnosis. Treatment of disease aims to slow progressive destruction of the brain and preserving the quality of life of patients and their brain activity. For this purpose, various medications and normalize lifestyle.