Treatment of tachycardia in the home
One of the most common abnormal cardiac activity is a tachycardia. This is a condition in which the heart begins to decline more rapidly (more than 90 beats per minute). The increase in the frequency of contractions of the myocardium can be physiological or indicate certain diseases of the cardiovascular system or other organs. This article lists the signs of tachycardia and describes methods of its treatment at home.
Sometimes, palpitations do not cause any complaints from patients. With the progression of arrhythmias following symptoms occur:
- dizziness, sometimes loss of consciousness;
- the lack of air and shortness of breath;
- palpitations and chest pain;
- the darkening of the eyes that is associated with disruption of the normal blood supply of the brain;
- frequent shallow breathing;
- the feeling of fear;
When mild tachycardia the patient complains of unpleasant feelings in the breast and heaviness in the heart area. Symptoms of arrhythmia include fatigue, can be insomnia, lack of appetite, poor mood and decreased performance. Severity clinic depends on the duration and nature of the underlying pathology that provoked the tachycardia. So, in diseases of the heart palpitations provokes attacks of angina.
If the result of the tachycardia worsens blood flow to the brain, dizziness, and various neurological disorders, and seizures. Prolonged increase in the heart rate develops hypotension, decreased enuresis, there is a cold extremities.
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
How to remove the tach at home
If you experience excessive heartbeat, the patient should be to calm down and stop physical activity. During attacks, which are associated with the presence of heart additional pathways for conducting nerve impulses, it is possible to apply the so-called vagal techniques. Patient recommend the following:
- hold your breath;
- do exhale with a closed glottis;
- push, as in the act of defecation;
- to cough;
- artificially induce vomiting;
- wash in cold water;
- little pressure on eyeballs.
These techniques allow to increase the tonus of the parasympathetic NS, which greatly reduces the frequency of contractions of the myocardium.
Treatment of tachycardia in the home will be more effective if you learn massage of reflex zones, which are responsible for the functioning of the heart. So, when the frequent occurrence of palpitations should regularly conduct reflexology on the feet. This will not only help to restore proper cardiac function, but also improves blood circulation and overall health. Remove the tach will help and massage the carotid artery. Sometimes the arrhythmia in the form of a rapid heartbeat accompanied by loss of consciousness. To prevent this complication, you should do the following:
- to sit down or to occupy a horizontal position, to free themselves from tight clothing, wet the face with cold water and take 20 drops of Sage (you can take under the tongue Validol);
- moisten a cotton swab in ammonia and inhale the fumes;
- the nail of the thumb to push under the nail on his little finger before the appearance of minor pains;
- in order not to lose consciousness, it is necessary to press the point, which is located in the middle of the groove above the upper lip – this not only helps to stay awake, but also to revive, if the person is unconscious.
Any tablets should be taken after consultation with a doctor and clarify the etiology of a rapid heartbeat. Positive results are obtained by receiving sedative medications. Among the effective natural remedies are:
- Valerian – dilates blood vessels and slows the heart rate, relieves nervous excitement, shows a sedative effect. For therapeutic effect it should be taken in courses;
- infusion of hawthorn – it is used in sinus and atrial fibrillation (helps to strengthen heart contractions);
- tincture of motherwort is a cardiotonic effect, lowers heart rate and helps fight insomnia;
- the infusion of the pion – relaxing, calming effect;
- Persen – tableted product containing extracts of Valerian, lemon balm and mint, it reduces arousal and stabilizes the heart.
Among the synthetic sedatives are the most popular Relanium, Diazepam and Phenobarbital. These should be taken only as directed by your doctor. To restore the correct heart rhythm is recommended antiarrhythmic agents. They block adrenergic receptors that respond to adrenaline, which causes a high heart rate. Before receiving a doctor’s consultation is necessary because in different clinical situations are effective only appropriate preparations in a strictly defined dose.
Usually prescribed beta-blockers (eg, Cordanum, Verapamil), cardiac glycosides (Digoxin), drugs that block potassium channels (Cordaron), as well as antioxidants that can stimulate blood circulation. In the presence of tachycardia, there is a risk of blood clots, so patients are sometimes prescribed medicines that thin the blood (Warfarin).
«I have cured hypertension, You can too!»
Actor Oleg Tabakov said
It is important to remember that bouts of palpitations may indicate serious violations in the body and indicate the development of myocarditis, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, hypoglycemia, severe lesions of the cardiovascular system, which require inpatient treatment, otherwise it can end in death. Thus, with tachycardia, which reaches 120 beats/min should immediately call a doctor.
Prevention of attacks of palpitations
To prevent tachycardia, it is recommended to observe the following rules:
- not to overeat, because the fullness is able to trigger more frequent contraction of the heart;
- to give up coffee and alcohol;
- the correct dosage of physical activity, avoid fatigue and get adequate sleep;
- in the diet increase the amount of foods containing potassium and magnesium, to limit the fats;
- since the cause of tachycardia are mainly heart disease, it is important to prevent their development; to stop Smoking, exercise, watch your weight;
- it is important to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels;
- you should also avoid physical stress and stressful situations;
- to get rid of the tachycardia impossible, if not time to treat pathologies that affect the heart; therefore it is necessary to take preventive checkups and, if necessary, to treat the violations in the body.
For heart attacks should never self-medicate, since certain cardiac arrhythmias (e.g., ventricular tachycardia) require urgent treatment in hospital.