Treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower limbs: drugs
Leg ulcers that have formed as a result of malnutrition and oxygen starvation of the tissues, are called trophic. Basically they have some reasons.
Among them are:
- vascular factors (atherosclerosis, hypertension, thrombophlebitis);
- infectious agents (syphilis, erysipelas, tuberculosis);
- injuries, frostbite, burns;
Therefore, for successful treatment it is necessary to eliminate the causative factor, and, in parallel, to reduce the unpleasant symptoms local treatment. With the treatment of this pathology the delay is not worth it, because it often leads to life-threatening complications.
The stages of treatment of the disease
Drug treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower extremities, General principles
Treatment with drugs necessarily accompanies and complements surgical methods for the treatment of ulcers. No matter what is the cause of sores, there are some General principles of its treatment.
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
- Antibacterial drugs. To prevent the accession of secondary infection (as the ulcer is an open wound and, in fact, the entrance gate for bacteria), antibiotics with wide spectrum of action. These include macrolides (Azithromycin, Sumamed, Klacid), aminoglycosides (Amikacin), cephalosporins (Emcef, Cefutil), antimicrobials (Chloramphenicol). Prescribers course at least 10 days, often intramuscularly or intravenously.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal group. Trophic ulcers are widely applied diclofenac (Voltaren, Ibuprofen), nimesulide (Nimesil). Medications shown if the patient has no chronic inflammatory diseases of digestive tract (peptic ulcer, or colitis) or no cases of stomach bleeding.
- Antithrombotic drugs (antiplatelet agents). Given that trophic ulcer often formed on the background of thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the venous wall), and also that ulcer increases the likelihood of blood clots are drugs that thin the blood and dissolve blood clots. These include Reopoligljukin, Pentoxifylline, Trental and ascorbic acid.
- Desensitizing (anti-allergic) drugs are prescribed to reduce the response inflammatory response. Apply Tavegil, Suprastin, Eden, claritin and others.
The treatment of trophic ulcers local media
Local treatment aims to remove the dead top layer of skin (epithelium), cleansing the wound of infection and the acceleration of epithelialization of the wound. With this purpose, first wash the wound with local antiseptic (disinfectant), and then apply a bandage with antibacterial ointment. Antiseptics, which are used today: Chlorhexidine, Miramistin, Furacillin, Deksan. Ointments are preferred: nasal spray, Ofloxacin, Toxicol.
In that case, when the process of ulcer healing (stage 2 treatment), appointed by the ointment, promotes the formation of epithelium. These include Solcoseryl and Actovegin. Also added drugs, antioxidant (Tocopherol, for example).