Triglycerides lowered: what does it mean?
Triglycerides (neutral fats) – organic compounds included in the class of lipids. Contain esters of glycerol and fatty monobasic acid. The main function of triglycerides is maintaining the energy level in the body. Also, these compounds are the main structural component of the cell wall (membrane), precursors of certain hormones.
Sources of triglycerides
In the body triglycerides come from food in the form of vegetable and animal fats. In the intestine under the influence of bile salts takes place the process of emulsification, after which they are absorbed into the bloodstream. Also, the glycerides can be synthesized in the gut wall and liver (it is the main organ where the formation of fatty acids from the products of glycolysis) and, in the case of lack of glucose in the adipose tissue (adipocytes).
Glycerides, as all fats are hydrophobic, i.e., insoluble in water. The dissolution is only possible after the connection with proteins. It then becomes possible transport to the liver, where they form more complex compounds of proteins and lipids – lipoproteins (complexes of fat, cholesterol and phospholipids with globulins, respectively).
How to pass a blood test for triglycerides?
For triglycerides in the blood needs to be monitored in the same way as for sugar levels and cholesterol. To control lipid profile should start women after the age of 50 years (or menopause) and men after 40 years. But there are groups of people who need constant monitoring of cholesterol and triglycerides, regardless of age and gender. These include:
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
- the persons abusing alcohol;
- people who have been in the family cases of early development of coronary heart disease, heart attacks, strokes or diabetes mellitus type II;
- patients with hypertension, clinical evidence of atherosclerosis, Central obesity, and chronic autoimmune diseases (e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriasis).
How to prepare for the analysis?
The prep is very simple, but adherence to these rules is necessary to obtain the most accurate results:
- for 8 – 12 hours before the study not to eat;
- refrain from Smoking and alcohol;
- avoid physical exertion and emotional stress.
The analysis is conducted only on the background of the relative health of the person. This means that it is forbidden to donate blood immediately after acute diseases and surgical operations. In such cases, it is best to wait 1.5 – 2 months. Most often, along with triglycerides in the blood to determine cholesterol and sugar. This will give the most complete clinical picture and will help to make a correct diagnosis.
Norm of triglycerides in the blood
The concentration of triglycerides measured in mg/DL or mmol/L. Normal range is from 40 to 250 mg/DL. The best indicators are considered less than 150 mg/DL.
Why the triglycerides in the blood can be lowered?
Reduction of triglycerides in the blood may indicate pathology:
- chronic lung disease;
- involvement of the renal tissue;
- malfunctions of the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) or parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism);
- the malabsorption of nutrients (malabsorption syndrome);
- bowel disease;
- myasthenia gravis – abnormal weakness and fatigue of muscles;
- various injuries and burns;
- long-term use of medicines (vitamin C, Progesterone, Heparin, Prazosin, and fish oil);
- lactosuria – the presence of lactose in the urine;
- hereditary hypotriglyceridemic (reduced the amount of triglycerides in the blood).
A reduced level of triglycerides may be an indication of poor or incorrect nutrition. This files most often occurs because of a rigid diet, in which you can not eat any animal and vegetable fats. As a result, the body gets needed amount of nutrients.
How to increase triglycerides in the blood?
You first need to adjust the power. It should be complete and balanced. The diet need to include foods containing vegetable and animal fats. If the cause of hypotriglyceridemic is taking certain medicines, they need to cancel. But before that you need to consult with your doctor to avoid health even more damage. In the case where the decrease in triglycerides was caused not by diet and drugs, and diseases will require a complete examination and immediate treatment of detected pathology.
«I have cured hypertension, You can too!»
Actor Oleg Tabakov said