VSD in children: symptoms and treatment
VSD or vegetative-vascular dystonia is a complex of symptoms, which is based on the violation of the nervous regulation of internal organs. By its nature, the disease can be hereditary in nature and act as a separate nosological unit, and may be a secondary manifestation of some other disease (hypothalamic syndrome, for example). In any case, the treatment should start as early as possible, otherwise the disease will progress and lead to undesirable consequences.
Possible types of VSD in children, depending on the manifestations
Autonomic dysfunction in children is divided into three main types depending on the symptoms. This:
- hypertension (sympathetic) type, when dominated by the sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system;
- hypotonic (vagotonic) type, when the sympathetic regulation is dominated by the vegetative part of the nervous system;
- mixed type, when there is a combination of both types of dysfunction.
Symptoms of autonomic dysfunction in children
In the manifestation of this disease can be symptoms from any organ or organ system. Just counted about a hundred complaints that may arise in a child with VSD. For convenience, all the symptoms are divided in groups to syndromes. The basis in the classification went to the predominance of one or another system of organs.
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
Treatment of autonomic dysfunction in children
The amount of therapeutic measures is determined after establishing the cause and type of disease. In children mostly used non-drug treatment.
- Normalization of sleep and rest. Adequate sleep gives the opportunity for the nervous system to recover after suffering stress.
- Limit time on the computer, especially if the child often plays computer games. This is not only harmful to his psyche, posture and vision, but also introduces the nervous system to stress. Release adrenaline into the blood, blood vessels constrict, breathing quickens, digestion slows down.
- Active games and sports. Physical activity should not be excessive so as not to overload the child’s body. It is recommended to alternate load and rest.
- Relaxing massage is recommended for hypertensive the view of the VVD, under hypotonic, you can apply the toning massage techniques. Widely used massage the neck area, especially when vegetative crises.
- Physical therapy on a collar zone (galvanization, electrophoresis, electrosleep).
- Treatment of foci of chronic infection and other systemic diseases (chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis, dental caries, pancreatitis, pathology of hormonal background).
- Phytotherapy – treatment with herbal drugs. Children are allowed herbal teas that calm the nervous system (lemon balm, chamomile, lavender, hawthorn) or its tone (eleuterokokk, limonnik, a ginseng).