What pills lower blood pressure list
As you know, high and low blood pressure necessarily occur in the same person at different times. Under certain conditions, people need to «pressure», and during sleep the heart and blood vessels «relax» from the load, and the pressure in the vascular system is somewhat lower than during the day. But sometimes deviations from the norm are significant, and then you need to spend medical correction of blood pressure. Often have to take medications to lower numbers of pressure. What drugs are best to use?
Before we talk about what pills lower blood pressure, it should be noted that there is a danger too quickly and strongly to reduce and thus cause kollaptoidnoe state.
Signs of a strong pressure reduction
Symptoms of overdose of antihypertensives can be considered:
- expressed weakness;
- pallor of the skin;
- ringing in the ears;
- flashing «flies» spots «circles» before eyes;
- sudden sweating;
- thready, rapid pulse;
- the urgent desire to lie down.
If you encounter these signs at reduced pressure it is recommended that the patient drink strong sweet tea to keep him warm and call a doctor.
Hypertension in the past now?
Cardiologists risk to remain without work — hypertension now curable!
When it should deal with the doctor?
You need to know in which cases it is impossible to lower your blood pressure by yourself:
- Pregnant women. It is fraught with violation of fetoplacental circulation with the development of threatening fetal hypoxia.
- A man with a heart rhythm disturbance (suffering from atrial fibrillation, with intermittent and chaotic heartbeat).
- Patients who have recently taken or are taking diuretic drugs. Lowering pressure drugs can show a stronger effect with a reduction in total blood volume caused by diuretics.
- Those older people who have recently suffered an ischemic stroke, «the state of pre-stroke» or transient ischemic attacks, are strictly prohibited to significantly reduce blood pressure. It may precipitate cerebral ischemia. If you are a doctor, give medicines that quickly relieve pressure, these relatives and friends is strictly prohibited. It is better to call a doctor.
- Expressed bradiaritmii (a condition in which there is a rare heartbeat – the number of strokes is less than 60 per minute).
Group of drugs
Among the means that have a hypotensive effect, are liquid dosage forms, with which you need to start, if you don’t know what to do, and the person is aroused or has obvious signs of «overwrought nerves». This is a pretty weak medication, and no harm they will bring. This drugs such as:
- tincture of Valerian;
Their use has a light sedative, as a result of relaxation and hypotensive effect. To quickly lower blood pressure need different tools and take them to a special way: the tablets should not be swallowed and slowly dissolve under the tongue. This is to ensure that the drug was immediately absorbed into the hyoid vessels and deliver the active substance directly into the body, bypassing the portal vein and transformation of drugs in the liver. Such drugs include:
- Nifedipine («Cardflex»). It can be applied in case if there is a strong heartbeat. Usually after 15 – 20 minutes gradually decrease the numbers of systolic and diastolic Pressor performance. Sometimes this is enough for first aid, because the effect of one pill lasts for about 5 hours. If the action of one tablet is insufficient, the repeat can be repeated not earlier than after 30 minutes.
- Captopril («Bonnet»). The vehicle belongs to the group of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme) and can be used in emergency treatment. This drug differs from Nifedipine in that it may present unpleasant «surprise» because it lowers blood pressure is less predictable and can cause kollaptoidnoe state due to its significant reduction. In addition, its effect is short – it lasts about an hour. In addition, this medicine can cause more side effects, such as allergic swelling or itching.
- If hypertension is combined with palpitations and tachycardia, more appropriate to use beta-blockers, e.g. propranolol. This drug is available as «Inderal», «Inderal», «Obsidan». Side effect can serve as a marked slowing of the pulse, so after taking the medicine invalid severe physical activity.
In addition to fast-acting antihypertensive drugs, there are pills, soft lowering blood pressure. Among them should first be mentioned such popular non-prescription medicines. as:
- «Andipal». This drug is a combination, it contains aspirin, phenobarbital, papaverine, and Dibazol. It has a mild sedative and hypotensive effect, is well tolerated by patients, can be administered at night to improve sleep.
- «But-Shpa», drotaverine, Dibazol – these medicines also can have a mild hypotensive effect due to the fact that slightly reduces the tone of smooth muscle elements in the wall of blood vessels.
The above are the minimum list of drugs that can be used safely for the correction of arterial hypertension in the prehospital setting. It is important to remember that if the hypertension does not decrease the pills, then you need to call a doctor or ambulance. Doctors have a large Arsenal of tools that will work.
Our list does not include medications that can cause great harm in inexperienced hands, for example, diuretics. As an independent antihypertensives they do not apply, and in complex therapy prescribed by the doctor.