Where your heart aches to understand, photos
The effectiveness of treatment of cardiovascular disease and subsequent prognosis depends on timely diagnosis. Therefore, the knowledge of symptoms that indicate a pathological process in the heart, allow time to consult a doctor and avoid subsequent serious complications, leading to disability and sometimes death.
The mechanism of development of pains in the heart
The heart is a hollow body the wall of which is the myocardium (heart muscle). He performs a significant amount of work for human life, rhythmically reduced, whereby the blood is pushed into the vessels and there can be effective blood circulation. The normal operation of the myocardium are possible due to a sufficient supply of nutrients and oxygen. In the case of reduction of blood flow in the heart muscle and hypoxia (lack of oxygen) begins the process of anaerobic (oxygen-free) breakdown of glucose, which is released by lactic acid.
In the heart is localized a significant amount of sensitive nerve endings that respond to an increase in the concentration of lactic acid in the form of characteristic pain. Therefore, the main mechanism for the development of pain in the heart is a disturbance of nutrition and oxygen to the myocardium. Also irritation of the nerve endings of the heart can cause inflammation in the tissues that emits inflammatory mediators, the prostaglandins (they cause swelling, deterioration of blood flow through the veins and also directly irritate nerve endings).
When your heart aches?
There are several of the most common pathological causes that lead to the development of pain. These include:
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- Stable angina – a syndrome manifested by clenching pain worsening after physical or emotional stress. The basis for this condition is the atherosclerotic disease of the coronary arteries (arteries that provide blood flow to the myocardium) with the deposition of cholesterol in their walls and reduction of the lumen (the formation of atherosclerotic plaques).
- Unstable angina – cause specific pain not associated with physical exertion or emotional stress person. The pain is characterized by great intensity and is a harbinger of infarction (death of tissue area) of the myocardium.
- Myocardial infarction due to death of part of the heart muscle after a sharp circulatory disorders develops intense pain.
- Myocarditis – inflammation of heart muscle, which may have a different origin (infection, autoimmune process with an «incorrect» production of antibodies by the immune system to the tissues of the heart).
- Cardiomyopathy – a violation of metabolism in the cardiac muscle cells (cardiomyocytes), which is most often the result of chronic intoxication (alcohol abuse, Smoking, prolonged exposure to industrial poisons, and certain drugs on the human body).
Heart pain can also develop on the background of dystonia and neurosis in women. They are not an immediate threat to the health and usually have the character of a tingling.
How to understand that your heart aches?
In order to understand the nature of pain that may be associated with pathological process in the heart, should pay attention to several factors, which include:
- The localization of the pain.
- The nature of the pain.
- Associated with different processes and human activity (the relationship with physical activity, body position, emotional stress).
Paying attention to these factors, people will be able to deal with the origin of pain, which will give the opportunity to promptly contact their doctor or call an ambulance.
Where your heart aches?
The most typical localization of the pain indicating a possible disease in the heart, is the chest located to the left of the sternum (the bone that connects the ribs in front and in the middle). Also for cardiac pain typical of its irradiation. This means that the main center of pain is the chest, mainly in the left departments, but pain can radiate to the left shoulder girdle, shoulder, arm and left side of neck.
Similar localization can have pain in osteochondrosis, but they are different in nature (no squeezing sensation of heart) and have no direct connection with physical activity. Somewhat less (usually in men with hypersthenic body composition, as well as excessive fullness) pain may be localized in the region of the upper abdomen, due to which heart problems is often confused with diseases of the stomach and intestines.
As your heart aches?
An important criterion to identify the cardiac origin of pain, is their character. With little food infarction pain has a typical nature of compression, which increases after physical or emotional stress. Signs of unstable angina and myocardial infarction are characterized by intense pain not associated with physical activity. It usually appears abruptly, giving in the left half of the body, accompanied by fear of death.
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.
In myocarditis and cardiomyopathy pain nagging, stupid, they also have no connection with physical activity. Vegetative-vascular dystonia (autonomic regulation activity of heart, blood vessels and internal organs), and nervous conditions, which often occur in women, manifested by tingling in the left half of the chest.
To reliably find out the cause, location and nature of pain, be sure to consult a doctor. The specialist will prescribe additional instrumental or functional investigation to confirm or exclude pathology of the heart.