Catarrhal sinusitis in children: symptoms and treatment of folk remedies
How to cure catarrhal sinusitis in children?
Children and teenagers are most prone to the development of catarrhal sinusitis. The symptoms and treatment of catarrhal sinusitis in children occur in a more severe form than adults.
The risk of pathological course of the disease with all its complications is much higher. Therefore, this disease requires special vigilance of parents and timely skilled care staff.
General clinical information
Unlike other forms of sinusitis, catarrhal disease characterized by the development of inflammation in one or both maxillary sinuses without the formation of purulent exudate, but giperplazirovannom aconselho secret.
In other words, catarrhal sinusitis is a result of the activity of viral agents, and in most cases develops on the background of the protracted cold, weakened immunity after acute respiratory illness.
By the predisposing factors include the process of destruction of the upper molars, pathologic anatomic changes in the nasal septum, trauma to the nose and upper jaw, defective changes in the nasopharynx, due to chronic infection (adenoids, polyps).
For reference! Catarrhal sinusitis tend to increasing every day education bright mucus liquid consistency. Common cold is winding down for 5-6 days of treatment, while the catarrhal form of the disease is a growing issue of allocation after the deadline.
Catarrhal sinusitis quite an insidious disease because its symptoms are identical with the appearance of cold the child, the common cold and flu. The peak incidence in children is necessary for autumn and winter.
Most doctors agree that the catarrhal form is the result of allergic reactions, in rare cases, unrecognized allergic to cold.
If after suffering colds at the child there is a sharp deterioration of health, increased low-grade temperature, there is a severe nasal congestion is a reason to seek medical attention.
Delayed treatment can lead to the development of purulent sinusitis.
The main signs of the disease
To differentiate catarrhal sinusitis can be according to the following criteria:
- prolonged nasal congestion and copious mucus (unilateral sinusitis is characterized by nasal side of the affected sinus, with bilateral – laying of both nasal passages);
- expressed headaches on palpation in the area under the eyes, nose, and forehead, tilted head, sneezing, coughing;
- enhanced blood flow (hyperemia) and swelling of the skin periorbital area (in the division of the eyelid-cheek, the crease of the lower or upper eyelid);
- classical intoxication – temperature of 38 to 38.5, chills, and a complete intolerance of bright light, and lacrimation;
- chronic fatigue, drowsiness;
- cough during night sleep, because of the flowing of mucus, irritating the throat.
Important! Symptoms of catarrhal sinusitis is more pronounced in the evening hours.
Timely diagnosis of the disease allows to achieve a rapid recovery, without the occurrence of pathologic course of the disease.
The main task of the audiologist is to distinguish between catarrhal sinusitis of infectious diseases (flu, colds etc.) by rhinoscopy and x-ray. It should be understood that only the doctor will determine how to treat catarrhal sinusitis in children individually.
Positive dynamics in treatment could be achieved through the combined manipulation. In the therapeutic treatment of catarrhal sinusitis in children include medication, physiotherapy and treatment of folk remedies.
Therapy of catarrhal sinusitis involves mandatory participation pharmacological medicines without which it is impossible to achieve a positive dynamics of the disease.
Conservative treatment includes:
- Irrigation therapy (nasal lavage), aimed at removing the stagnated mukansanga of secretions, reducing edema and hyperemia of the mucosa, the best absorption of the medication. For the rehabilitation of the nasal cavity can be used aqueous solutions isotonic to blood plasma. They represented a wide range in pharmacies, «Dolphin», «Aqualor», «Akvamaris» and so forth. alternatively, pharmacological products, you can use a salt solution prepared independently. How to wash the nose with saline spray can be found here. Nasal rinses can be done 4-6 times a day until complete recovery.
- Sprays or drops with vasoconstrictor effect. The action of decongestants aimed at reducing the swelling of the mucosa, restoration of nasal breathing. In practice, the therapeutic treatment regimen is based on such formulations as «Otrivin», «Glycine» on the basis of Xylometazoline, «Naphazoline» (active ingredient naphazoline), nasal drug «Cold» with the active ingredient Oxymetazoline. In rare cases, healing specialists make a choice in favor drops with the current medicinal substance fenilafrinom that does not affect vasomotor function of blood vessels and contributes to addictive. On the other hand, these drugs can lead to tachycardia, insomnia, hypertension, so proceed with caution are assigned to young children and adolescents. Therapy decentemente should not exceed 5-7 days.
- Antihistamines. Appointed as the main method of treatment for allergic etiology of the disease, in viral for sinusitis and help to eliminate swelling of the mucous. A number of pharmacological drugs, «Zodak», «Suprastin» for oral use».» for local use.
- NSAIDs (anti-inflammatories), which is aimed at relief of pain, reduction of body temperature, elimination of the inflammatory process («Nimesil», «Nurofen»).
- Antibiotics of local action. Regardless of the fact that catarrhal sinusitis provoke viral agents, antibiotic therapy is mandatory in the treatment, since the treatment of the patient is not always possible to differentiate the etiology of the disease (viruses and bacteria). In order to prevent the accession of a bacterial infection and the development of complications are assigned sprays «Bioparox», «Polideksa», «Izofra». The course of therapy is determined individually.
For reference! In chronic sinusitis, recurrence can occur in catarrhal form symptoms seen at 2-3 days after exposure or common cold.
Physiotherapy is another important aspect in the treatment of catarrhal sinusitis, main task of which is the prolongation of the achieved effect in the treatment, stimulation of immunity and the prevention of transfer of disease into a chronic form.
Among the most effective procedures is to provide:
- inhalation procedures;
- ultrahigh frequency (UHF);
- ultraviolet irradiation (UVI);
- light therapy (Solux).
Important! A contraindication to the use of physical treatments is the increased body temperature.
As the self-treatment of sinusitis folk therapy is ineffective. Traditional recipes are included in a comprehensive treatment regimen to increase the body’s resistance to external factors, promoting good health and build resilience to the development of inflammatory diseases.
Before therapy, a prerequisite is the approval of your doctor components that are used in the treatment of catarrhal sinusitis.
Among the established procedures:
- Inhalation with bee glue. For the procedure necessary in 1 liter of water, bring to a boil add 4 tablespoons of tincture of propolis. Breathe over the steam for no more than ten minutes, 2 R./day. Inhalation treatments must be done carefully to prevent a burn of the mucous membrane. The optimum temperature is 80 °C. alternatively, the propolis can be used the tincture of eucalyptus.
- Tsiklamenovy drops. For the preparation of drops you need to take one flower root, squeeze the juice. Diluted in equal proportions with boiled water. Dig in each nostril 2 R./day 2 drops.
- Vitamin turundy. You need rosehip oil and sea buckthorn mix equal amounts (1 tsp.), add 3 drops of tincture of propolis and mix well. The mixture soaked gauze or cotton swabs are inserted into the nasal passages 10-15 minutes, twice a day.
- Honey drops with aloe. Aloe Vera juice to connect with bee product in equal proportions. Use three times a day, 2 drops in each nostril. Drops effective in the absence of allergic reactions in children.
With timely treatment to the doctor, recovery occurs in a fairly quick time. The implementation of preventive measures will help to prevent the development of disease.
Therefore, parents need to take it a rule to perform daily nasal lavage, to provide the child with proper and balanced nutrition, strengthen the immune system and prevent prolonged course of SARS.