Cauterization of blood vessels in the nose laser and silver: as cauterize and consequences
As cauterize the blood vessels in your nose?
Cauterization of the turbinates is a number of basic procedures to correct severe abnormalities of the developing in the nasal cavity. The cause of atrophy of the mucous membranes in the maxillary sinuses is a disruption of blood vessels located in this region.
The optimal solution of this problem is the conduct of a safe and useful procedure.
The algorithm of the process
Scheme of the procedure cauterization is a sequence of actions and the same regardless of what equipment and method of exposure used. There are the following stages of the coagulation process:
- Inspection from a qualified specialist who will assess the overall condition of both the sinuses and advise the most suitable method of exposure.
- Following the inspection the attending otolaryngologist decides on the procedure.
- The introduction of a tool for direct implementation of the process. In accordance with the selected method of coagulation, use cotton swabs, laser or electric cautery. The choice depends on the individual patient and the severity of pathology.
The average duration of the surgery cautery is 10-30 minutes depending on method of coagulation. In most cases the procedure does not give strong pain and is well tolerated by patients!
After the burning, you should perform a few simple manipulations:
- the unnecessary tension bow sheath;
- prevent removing of the formed crusts in the nose;
- containment the process of blowing your nose.
As a restorative means after coagulation can use oil of vaseline, sea buckthorn for ultimate hydration of the maxillary sinus and antiseptic decontamination of the nasal cavity. When this doctor also appoints other drugs for the recovery period.
Important! Cauterization of the sinus is a process that requires compliance with all rules of the chosen methodology. Selecting the most appropriate method of coagulation should be prescribed by the attending physician after examining the complete clinical picture!
Indications and limitations for conducting the procedure
Cauterization of the nasal mucosa should be carried out only if there are clear indications in accordance with the algorithm of the procedure.
- continuous bleeding, severe development;
- complicated by atrophy of the mucous membranes of the nose in chronic rhinitis;
- the occurrence of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis;
- problematic breathing through the nose due to the development of diseases of the nose.
According to statistics the procedure is performed because of ongoing bleeding in the nose, as the vessels located in the maxillary sinuses prone to damage and cause the development of pathological diseases of the organs of smell.
Before clarifying the question, like what, cauterize the vessels in the nose, it is also important to see the clear advantages of the coagulation process:
- the effect of the active component when the procedure is performed directly in the lesion pathology;
- prevention of recurrent bleeding and the presence of open wounds in the nasal cavity;
- rehabilitation after the procedure is possible at home without complying with stationary mode;
- procedure cauterization requires no additional preparations and any medication manipulation;
- the postoperative recovery period after the procedure is quite short and does not cause serious complications;
- the lack of the use of General anesthesia, which requires additional preparatory activities and may adversely affect the cardiovascular system.
The operation for the coagulation assumes the control of possible contraindications:
- the presence of acute infection in the human body;
- deterioration of the General condition;
- bleeding caused by various diseases or use of certain therapeutic drugs.
Important! Cauterization of the nasal mucosa can only be performed by the treating physician in accordance with all the rules of use of the chosen method of coagulation!
Varieties of methods of coagulation
From a scientific point of view, the process of burning is called coagulation, when under physical or chemical exposure occurs, the connection structures of the protein and restore damaged blood vessels in the nasal cavity. In otolaryngology used the following methods of procedure:
- Cauterization of blood vessels in the nose silver. The method is one of the oldest and proven ways of coagulation. In modern medicine it is rarely used, as this procedure is quite traumatic and has some complications. As a chemical reagent is salt of silver nitrate, which by its nature is active coagulant and antiseptic. Also use compounds such as zinc salt, milk, chrome, trichloroacetic acid.
- Electric coagulation. This method is based on the effects of electric currents on the blood vessels in the nasal mucosa and has the advantage compared to using chemical compounds, as the risk of injury is minimal in the appointment procedure. For this purpose, a special apparatus with preset values for optimal performance of process.
- Cryocoagulation. Conduct moxibustion with the help of holodomore. The essence of the method lies in the treatment of damaged nasal mucosa with the use of liquid nitrogen. The substance is gentle on the blood vessels and quickly regain their normal activity, preventing the development of bleeding and scarring at the site of moxibustion. A relative disadvantage of this method is the high cost of the procedure.
- Cauterization of blood vessels in the nose with a laser. One of the most popular treatments, as it has no negative effects and harmless with the direct implementation. The method is based on laser cauterization, which is safe coagulation of blood vessels and rapid recovery of the mucosa in the nasal cavity. The only negative point of the process, you can call the high price of the implementation process.
- The use of radiosurgical knife. Innovative method of carrying out coagulation, which does not cause any damage during the procedure. The recovery period after burning is short compared to other methods, as there are no complications that require additional therapy.
The latter procedure is found in hospitals is quite rare, since not all companies equipped with new medical equipment. The pricing method is the highest compared to similar methods of use for coagulation.
The methodology of the coagulation depends on many individual factors, therefore, these procedures should be performed only under the supervision of skilled professionals!
And you know what vagotomy turbinates?
Browse the best drops with menthol and sea water!
Possible complications after carrying out of coagulation
The effects of cauterization of blood vessels in the nose occur quite rarely and may be accompanied by characteristic unpleasant signs of the following nature:
- the occurrence of congestion of the nasal shell appears with the development of trauma of the nasal sinuses due to chemical exposure and more swelling of the mucous membranes. With due respect to the rehabilitation conditions, these symptoms pass quickly;
- the presence of manifestations of pain is a common symptom of disease and may also develop against the background of electrocoagulation and cautery using silver;
- independent deletion of the nasal mucosa resulting crust in place of the cautery is the cause of the bleeding. In this case it is important to follow the rules of recovery of coagulation and all recommendations of the attending physician.
The process of coagulation direct cauterization of blood vessels in the nose represents the number of effective and safe procedures with minimal risk of negative effects!
The key to a successful methodology consider compliance with all rules and regulations of the selected method from the medical professional and patient!