Cervical erosion: causes, prevention and possible danger
Widespread female disease is cervical erosion when there is an expression in the cervix of the genitals. It is important to distinguish erosion from the true pseudo, because the processes are different, respectively, and the treatment will be different. What types of are erosive necking genitals? What causes the erosion, and by what symptoms it manifested? Why it happens, what are the reasons?
What types of erosion are there?
In medical practice there are the following types of erosive formations, namely:
- Pseudo. It appears as follows: the cylindrical epithelium found in the region of the cervix is expelled in the normal state of the flat multilayer epithelium. During a pelvic exam, the gynecologist can see the reddened surface, with small villi. The reasons for this type of disease: acquired or congenital. If congenital ectopia is clear, then acquired occurs due to failure of hormone levels in the body or as a consequence of various diseases.
- True erosion. In appearance, the pathology is similar to abrasion. Stratified squamous epithelium is damaged and inflammation. A few weeks after the appearance of true erosion either goes away or becomes Ecopia.
- Congenital erosion. As a rule, this pathology is to achieve a girl of 23 years of age, is characterized by small size. Some treatment is not required. Typical of this type of erosion for women who before reaching the age of 25 have not yet given birth, and for those taking the oral contraceptives.
What causes the appearance of a true erosion, there are the following kinds:
- trophic (due to disturbance of blood supply to the cervix, which causes exposure of the genitals);
- traumatic (formed by the trauma during rough sexual intercourse, curettage)
- inflammatory (formed due to infections of the genitals, such as chlamydia, trichomoniasis, etc.);
- cancer (Oncology);
- chemical (occurs when damage to the cervical aggressive substances are used in self-irrigation);
- burns (may appear once cauterized the cervical area);
- specific (due to tuberculosis or syphilis).
What is the danger of the disease?
The reproductive organ has an extension, consisting of two parts. It is called the cervix. One of them is located directly in the vagina, it can be seen by the doctor during the examination. The second is above it, so the GYN can’t see her during the inspection. The cervical canal connects the vagina with the uterine cavity, and the channel is formed by a cylindrical epithelium, it produces a secret, which protects against various infections. The area of the cervix in the middle of the vagina is represented by stratified squamous epithelium. Despite the fact that recurrent education is a background process, it still requires treatment.
If a woman is discovered erosion, the question immediately arises: why and how dangerous this pathology? In order to understand the causes and the degree of danger, you need to check with the doctor, what exactly is a erosion.
Does not pose a risk to the body pseudo. If diagnosed true (true) erosion, so that it is necessary to clarify the reasons that led to its emergence. The infection can spread to the epididymis itself the reproductive organ that can cause serious disease, including infertility.
In any case it is impossible to ignore the doctor’s recommendation to stop the disease in its early stages and prevent its development. The danger of disease that if not properly treated, it can cause endometritis, vaginitis, cervicitis. During pregnancy erosion can cause miscarriage, high probability of sepsis of the fetus, the death of his. For this reason, we should not ignore the prescribed treatment.
What is the cause of cervical erosion?
The most common factors leading to the disease, are such:
- Inflammation of the genital organs of a woman. Endocervicitis is of great importance. This is because such processes increase the excretory function of the glands that are located in the epithelium of the cervix. They are the cause of the damage.
- Injury. During labor and delivery, during surgery, after undergoing abortion, the installation of IUDs, as well as other procedures inside the uterus can lead to eversion of her cervix and to the development of erosive education.
- Hormonal imbalance. The most dangerous condition, when the girl Matures too early or too late, disruptions of the menstrual cycle, dysfunction of the ovaries, inflammation, too early or too late pregnancy.
- Discharge from the uterine cavity. It could be fibroids, polyps, which collapsed, endometritis. These captures lead to desquamation of the epithelial tissue of the cervix. This long process leads to the development of true erosion, and then on its surface populated by pathogens, which in turn leads to infection.
- Features of development of the fetus.
- Disorders in the immune system that lead to various failures in the body, including erosion. This includes diseases that are not related to gynecology.
In women who have not given birth, the causes of erosion may include: sexual life irregular nature, weakened immune system, promiscuity, early sexual life.
Also erosion in women can occur for the following reasons: heredity, Smoking, hormonal contraception.
There are also cases that the erosion can appear in women who are completely healthy. They have never given birth, did not do abortions. It would seem that for the occurrence of erosion no reason. In this case, it is by itself. Doctors suggest that its causes may be physiological processes in the female body.
If to speak about the common stressful situations and other emotional causes, there is no evidence of their effect on the appearance of erosion.
Need to know if it was correctly identified causes of true erosions when it starts, and it was eliminated, the mucous membrane of the cervix will be restored on its own after some time.