Chloramphenicol cystitis: recommendations for use
Inflammation of the bladder and urinary tract infections, called cystitis, is a somewhat lengthy process and multi-component. Typically, it involves the application of antibiotics of a wide range of actions and drugs with strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. Chloramphenicol cystitis is one of the most efficient and effective means for treatment, widely used in modern medicine.
Chloramphenicol is an antimicrobial medical product with a pronounced bacteriostatic effect. This drug is highly effective against most of the microorganisms known today. Chloramphenicol belongs to the antibiotics, resulting in an extremely wide range of application. Once ingested, the active ingredients of the drug can rapidly inhibit the process of protein synthesis of pathogens, subsequently, they die.
The use of Chloramphenicol cystitis
In the treatment of acute or chronic forms of cystitis in women, the recommended dosage is four times a Chloramphenicol a day, one pill at a dosage of 0.5 mg. daily Limit for an adult women should not exceed 2 mg, in severe disease or serious complications, this figure can be increased by your doctor up to 4 mg. the Drug is taken one hour before or one hour after eating. You should pay particular attention to the fact that the duration of prima drug can not be less than 8 — 10 days. The use of the drug should be sure to continue, even if a few days come noticeable improvement. The drug has excellent efficacy in the treatment of inflammation of the bladder, so usually prescribe a course of treatment does not exceed 14 days. Only in this case we can speak of deliverance not only from the main symptoms of the disease, but also from its causes.
Chloramphenicol belongs to a group of antibiotics with a large list of contraindications. Its use is strongly recommended in the following cases.
- The drug is strictly prohibited to take in the treatment of cystitis in pregnant women. Also you should not use this antibiotic for the treatment of women during the breastfeeding period. In such cases, the medication is only possible when there is a serious risk to the life and health of women. During the course of treatment, the lactation stopped.
- With extreme caution should approach the use of this antibiotic for children – in this case the doctor calculates the individual drug dosage, considering age and body weight of the child.
- It is not recommended to take this antibiotic in presence of severe dysfunction of kidneys or liver, as well as various pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- Contraindications to the use of the medicinal product are skin disease fungus, eczema, psoriasis.
- In addition, the Chloramphenicol should be discontinued immediately in case of hypersensitivity to active substances. Intolerance can be expressed in the form of allergic rash, itching, redness, hives.
- The drug is used to treat men and women who previously received radiation therapy or were undergoing therapy with cytotoxic drugs.
Combination with other drugs
Using Chloramphenicol in the treatment of cystitis, be sure to take into account what other medications you are taking, since simultaneous treatment with several agents can cause the unexpected drug interactions. Antibiotic slows the absorption of iron and folate, and significantly reduces the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives. The drug is not desirable to take concurrently with Erythromycin or Penicillin – this interaction contributes to the reduction in the bactericidal effect of both drugs.
In the treatment of cystitis in women Chloramphenicol may cause some side effects, which include:
- nausea, heaviness in the abdomen, bloating, flatulence, vomiting, disturbances of appetite;
- negative changes in the normal functioning of the hematopoietic system;
- headache and dizziness, depression, lethargy and weakness, depression, mood swings, sleep disorders;
- allergic skin reactions – rash, redness, rashes, itching, hives.
While taking antibiotic in the treatment of cystitis in women are strongly advised not to drink alcoholic beverages – it can intensify the side effects of the drug and significantly reduce the effectiveness of treatment.