Chlorhexidine in the ear — can be dripping with otitis media
Is it possible to bury chlorhexidine in the ear?
The most common diseases are considered ear infections. Unfortunately, most people ignore or do not notice beginning of inflammation and in the result every third person suffers from ears, hearing loss and chronic diseases in the ear.
Today for the treatment of otitis and other ear diseases there are a variety of drugs. However, many doctors recommend the use of chlorhexidine in the ear. This tool has long been known, but many people still wonder whether it is possible to bury chlorhexidine in the ear? In this article we examine this question in detail.
Is it possible to drip into the ear chlorhexidine
Chlorhexidine has long been known among medical drugs. It is considered that it possesses high efficiency and does not cause problems among health care workers. This tool is considered a leader among antiseptic agents not only in Russia but also in the world.
In the product consists of many active substances. As the primary antiseptic used digluconate.
He is able to destroy the infected bacteria in the grout and eliminating the root of disease.
Interesting fact: the active substance digluconate destroys bacteria and infection within twenty seconds after application.
The second element of chlorhexidine – a complex aggregate of microorganisms as biofilm. It protects the mucous part of the body and causes the protection against the penetration of bacteria further along the auditory passage.
In addition, the tool stops the growth and reproduction of bacteria. It is active not only against the primitive bacteria and infections, but also to cope with the viruses of influenza, colds and other pathogens.
After applying chlorhexidine in the ear does not occur pain, a burning sensation and irritation of delicate skin of the organ of hearing. Therefore, experts recommend for use in many ear diseases.
Bury the drug in inflammation in such as:
- Viral and bacterial infections in the outer ear.
- In fungal infections in the outer and middle ear.
- Otitis external, middle or inner ear.
- Diffuse otitis.
- With the appearance of boils in the ear shells.
- Inflammation of the auditory tube.
- In the formation of cerumen.
- For prevention of ear diseases.
In addition, this tool allowed for use in purulent discharge and the formation of ulcers in the outer ear. However, in the case of such diseases action means slightly reduced.
In addition, chlorhexidine is allowed to landfill in the ears in cases such as:
- rinsing the ear canal;
- processing of the outer ear;
- for cleansing and maintaining hygiene.
- to remove stagnant cerumen;
- liquidation of purulent formations.
The product is suitable for the treatment of wounds and microcracks in the outer ear. In addition, when used in the ears there is a significant improving blood circulation. It promotes rapid healing of wounds, ulcers and to raise the overall immune system in General.
Technology ear lavage
Before using the product read the safety precautions. Despite its simplicity, if not properly instill the medication can cause side effects.
In the case of the use of means for washing the ear canal and disposing of cerumen follow the order of operations.
- Before use, thoroughly wash hands.
- Seat patient on a chair or couch.
- Dilute chlorhexidine in purified water at a ratio of one to one.
- Enter the remedy into the syringe and remove the needle.
- Gently put the medication in the affected ear.
- Previously near the organ of hearing must set a saucer or a small tray. There it will leak fluid.
- After the introduction of the solution from the ear will emerge as the tool itself, and deposits of sulfur.
Remember that it is best to carry out this procedure in a medical facility. Self-flushing the ears can lead to serious complications.
In the case of the use of medications for prevention allowed the introduction of chlorhexidine in the home. To do this, repeat the following operations:
- Put the patient on one side.
- With the pipette in the ear of the patient ten drops of the medicine.
- Previously near the head lay a towel.
- After instillation of chlorhexidine to the patient should maintain the position for ten minutes. At this time, the medication will destroy the foci of infection and positive effect on the skin of the organ of hearing.
- After some time, the patient should turn over on the towel. Within a few minutes the drug alone will leak out of the ear canal.
- Repeat with the other ear.
Used for otitis media
Doctors of otolaryngology permit the use of chlorhexidine for otitis media.
It is known that the drug has a beneficial effect in all forms of otitis media, including purulent secretions. The use of medication is allowed for both adults and ill children of all ages.
And burying money in ears allowed during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. It is known that the tool does not penetrate into breast milk.
However, in the latter two cases you should consult with your doctor.
Technology use in otitis media similar to the preventive method. Only in case of purulent otitis media are advised not direct burying and the use turundae.
To do this, purchase at a pharmacy or independently prepare some gauze flagella. Soak them in chlorhexidine solution and thoroughly wring out. After you gently put into the ear canal. After turunda soaked purulent secretions it needs to be replaced.
What will happen if a person swallowed tool
In rare situations noted cases such as ingestion of the solution.
This may be in the process of rinsing the mouth. Many young parents and simply not knowing people are seriously concerned about the question of what will happen if you swallow chlorhexidine?
The pharmacokinetic properties of the drug may not harm the body. In case of accidental ingestion, the funds should not be afraid. It is known that the drug is not absorbed by the body and excreted independently for several hours.
Remember that this tool is intended for external use only!
Chlorhexidine in the Russian market have long been known. There are many unique means, however, doctors recommend not to experiment and take only a proven medication.
This solution has a disinfectant action and how is actively fighting inflammation. So don’t be afraid to drip in the ear chlorhexidine in the treatment of various forms of otitis media, to maintain the hygiene and prevention.