Chronic laryngitis: symptoms and treatment of folk remedies
Treatment of chronic laryngitis
Among upper respiratory disease leads laryngitis, and the chronic form occurs as frequently as acute pathology. Timely treatment for medical assistance and adequate therapy is particularly relevant for patients work and life which is closely associated with the normal functioning of the vocal cords. What are the causes of illness, how to avoid the risk of the disease, and, most importantly, how to treat chronic laryngitis?
Reasons of development of chronic forms of
Factors that could cause prolonged laryngitis include:
- frequent viral respiratory infections, especially acute forms of laryngitis;
- chronic diseases of a nasopharynx and the adjacent airway;
- some somatic pathology, which primarily presents GERD;
- hormonal disorders;
- irrational use of antibiotics, giving the ability to «roam» the pathogenic bacteria;
- heavy Smoking;
- the abuse of alcohol;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- the failure of the digestive tract;
- excessive strain on the vocal cords due to the type of activity;
- strong temperature changes;
- inhalation of chemicals and other irritants;
- frequent presence in the dirty areas.
Untimely and incorrect treatment of acute laryngitis can also provoke the transformation of the disease into a chronic illness.
Key sign – a change in timbre of voice and a hoarse snoring noise, hoarse.
Among other signs of chronic laryngitis (photo placed in the gallery), you can highlight feelings:
- a lump in my throat;
- foreign object.
The discomfort is accompanied by a persistent cough, ranging from easy regular coughing to painful attacks especially in the morning. In the period of exacerbation, which often coincides with the change of the warm season to the cold season, to these symptoms is added a low-grade fever, increased cough, accession of infection related respiratory tract and nasopharynx. Also characterized by fatigue, headaches and a feeling of weakness.
Experts identify three main types of chronic laryngitis:
Chronic catarrhal laryngitis is characterized by a slight redness and a slight thickening of the mucous membranes, the mixing of the vocal folds is not complete, and mucus on the surface is missing or occurs in a small amount.
In chronic hypertrophic laryngitis along with the voice changes and other sensory symptoms is overgrowth of mucosal tissues (hyperplasia), to see which is possible only with a special diagnostic tool, laryngoscope. By increasing the growing cells formed tumors, covering only one portion of the larynx or the entire area of the shell.
Atrophic form is characterized by the thinning of tissues lining the larynx, with dry, covered with crusts, and sometimes viscous sputum. Visible and audible manifestation of this condition is reduced to the constant coughing, sore and scratchy throat. Intensive expectoration of dry crusts can come out in the form of lumps streaked with blood.
Perhaps the most dangerous hypertrophic, aka hyperplastic chronic laryngitis because of excessive tissue growth may lead to the formation of cancer cells and the degeneration of normal inflammation in the malignant process.
Diagnosis and treatment
To confirm chronic inflammation of the larynx sometimes a visual inspection with the laryngoscope or video-endoscopic equipment and medical history. As additional and clarifying research methods used microlaryngoscopy – the study of the mucous membranes by means of the microscope. If you suspect malignant tumors by means of puncture specialists take biological material for the biopsy.
Treatment of chronic laryngitis
Tactics eliminate the symptoms and treatment of chronic laryngitis depends on the form of the disease and the individual patient. Therapy provides a comprehensive selection of medicines in combination with physiotherapy methods which will exercise both General and local effects on the affected area and the body in General.
- Local treatment involves the delivery of liquid medicines or drugs in the form of gels and ointments to coat mucous membranes. In catarrhal and hypertrophic form of the disease resort to anti-inflammatory, astringent and softening compositions. In atrophic disease, drugs used, which have a moisturizing effect, help to thin mucus and softening of the crusts. Also in this form of laryngitis is shown the General course of iodine-containing medicines and restorative vitamins.
- Physical therapy primarily presents an inhalation of connecting the same drugs used for local effects. Along with inhalation therapy, apply methods that contribute to the normalization of blood circulation on the inflamed area, stimulating trophic and metabolic processes in the mucous tissues of the larynx.
Treatment of patients with severe hyperplastic laryngitis chronic forms is recommended in stages for best effect. Initial therapy aims to eliminate the primary inflammation, and then connect the methods conducive to the resumption of the normal functioning of the larynx.
In situations where conservative treatment with medication is ineffective or ineffectual, especially in the case of hypertrophic laryngitis, experts have resorted to surgery.
Regardless of the form of the disease, the final stage of treatment of chronic laryngitis is a course of vinopedia, including speech and vocal voice control, aimed at restoring the normal working of the ligaments.
In the list of popular ways you can find dozens of options for treating chronic forms of laryngitis, but none of them, in contrast to the official medicines have not received confirmation of efficacy and safety. Therefore, self-treatment, especially in the case of atrophic and hyperplastic type of the disease, it is unreasonable and extremely dangerous. In addition, the use of folk remedies can cause unwanted and quite severe allergic reactions will be loss of precious time. Namely, the speed of detection of the disease dramatically affects the outcome of therapy.
If you have a strong desire to treat chronic laryngitis folk remedies at home, you should use the recommendations which will reduce the potential risk unpleasant consequences:
- do not use harsh chemicals and agents for indoor use;
- at the slightest suspicion of Allergy from the venture should be abandoned;
- before the use of drugs in combination with traditional methods it is necessary to carefully study the manual on the subject of categorical contraindications and possible side effects in case of combined use with other substances;
- treatment of chronic laryngitis in children under 16 years of age and pregnant women through traditional medicine is unacceptable;
- not to increase the dosage, concentration or frequency of taking drugs;
- do not replace components in recipes according to their desire and confidence that «so much better»;
- if no effect, the increased symptoms and deterioration of health to immediately consult a doctor, preferably taking with them previous «medicine».
Chronic laryngitis, as other inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract requires high-quality diagnosis and proper treatment plan. Otherwise, the consequences are unpredictable.