Chronic rhinitis: the treatment of folk remedies at home
How to cure chronic runny nose folk remedies?
A runny nose is excessive secretion of mucus from the nose on a background of inflammation. It can be infectious and noninfectious. If rhinitis is not treated, over time the disease develops into a chronic form, in which there is thinning of the mucous membranes and there is a constant feeling of nasal congestion.
Treatment of chronic rhinitis
Rhinitis accompanies the common cold and infectious-inflammatory diseases of ENT organs (otitis, sinusitis).
For chronic rhinitis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath because of the constant nasal congestion;
- mucus from the nose;
- formation of crusts on the mucous membrane;
- violation of smell.
A characteristic feature of chronic rhinitis is the low efficiency of vasoconstrictor drugs against the common cold.
To cure chronic runny nose, a comprehensive approach is necessary. The use of vasodilator drugs in this case is inappropriate because it brings only temporary relief.
Important! Vasoconstrictor drops chronic rhinitis aggravate the situation and contribute to the thinning of the mucous, so their use should be kept to a minimum.
The goal of treatment of chronic rhinitis is the normalization condition of the mucous membranes. To get rid of the problem folk remedies. For the treatment are the recipes based on foods with antibacterial properties.
Med guard health
The effectiveness of honey against chronic rhinitis due to the antibacterial properties of this product. The honey soothes the mucous membranes and accelerates its recovery. Used for the treatment of the following recipes.
- Grate the beet and strain through cheesecloth. The juice mixed with honey in equal proportions. The solution is used as drops. In each nostril should drip 3 drops 4 times a day until the disappearance of the common cold.
- Spoon juice of onion mixed with a spoonful of honey and pour two tablespoons of hot water. When the medication cool, it is instilled two drops in each nostril.
- Grate the horseradish root, then squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Juice mixed in equal proportions with honey. The mixture is instilled with two drops three times a day.
- Simple honey drops for the treatment of chronic rhinitis is prepared from a teaspoon of honey and two tablespoons of water. The mixture should be instilled 5 drops every three hours.
- Chronic rhinitis patients are tormented by severe dryness of the nasal mucosa. To solve this problem you can use propolis. To prepare the medication should RUB a large spoonful of honey with three spoons of olives oil and a teaspoon of butter. In this mixture, moisten a cotton swab, which lay in the nose. Keep the swab should be 10 minutes. The procedure is performed daily.
Important! Apply the honey should be cautious, because the product is a strong allergen.
To reduce the mucus and get rid of crusts in the nose helps wash. This method mechanically removes the mucus accumulated in the nose, and has an antiseptic effect, reducing inflammation.
To wash out a nose sea salt, water with honey or herbal infusions. The water temperature should be comfortable – about 38 C.
Salt is better to use sea or iodized.
A solution is prepared from half teaspoon of salt and 250 ml of water.
For a honey rinse to dissolve a large teaspoon of honey in a glass of boiled water.
Flush the nose decoction of chamomile, calendula or sage. A large spoonful of dried plants pour a glass of boiling water and insist until then, until the broth has cooled to a comfortable temperature.
For the procedure use a syringe without a needle or syringe with a soft tip. The use of medical pear with a hard «nose» can cause damage to the nose in the process of washing.
A syringe or a syringe filled with saline and administered into the nostril. Rinsing is carried out slowly, the introduction of the solution should be smooth. You sniff the solution is not necessary. During the procedure, must breath through the mouth.
The purpose of the washing is not a deep injection of solution, and in soft irrigation of the nose. The procedure is recommended in the bathroom with her head over the sink. The solution should freely flow out of the nose.
To rinse should be used twice a day, morning and evening. Treatment of chronic rhinitis at home using the washing can be carried out at sinusitis and otitis media, as well as obstruction of the maxillary sinus, caused by swelling. If the patient has a deviated septum, washing the prohibited conduct.
Traditional recipes from the cold
There are many ways how to cure chronic runny nose folk remedies. For this purpose, use decoctions of herbs, essential oils for inhalation, as well as drops homemade. To prepare the medication, you can use one of the following recipes.
- Grate the onion and fry gently in a pan without oil until, until the juice. Then the onions need to pour into a saucer and add a teaspoon of any vegetable oil. After the onion cools, it is strained and used as drops in the cold.
- Grind the pulp or squeeze two cloves of garlic. Pour garlic tablespoon of warmed vegetable oil (can use olive) and push until the until the vehicle has cooled. For the treatment of rhinitis should be instilled two drops in each nostril three times a day.
- Chop with a knife or grated pre-washed aloe leaf. The resulting slurry was fill with clean water at room temperature. One spoon of the plant is taken five spoons of water. The tool must be infused throughout the day, and then it is used as drops three times a day. With a strong runny nose introduces 3 drops.
- Tablespoon of the mixture, mother and stepmother, plantain and calendula, pour a glass of boiling water and infuse for five hours. Then, the infusion is diluted with clean water in proportion 1:2 and used as nose drops. Must instill 2 drops in each nostril three times a day.
- Carrot juice (tablespoon), mix in equal proportions with water and add quarter a spoon of juice of onion or garlic. This mixture should be dripping nose three times a day for two drops.
Medication homemade can be stored no more than two days in the refrigerator. If possible, daily is recommended to prepare a fresh batch of nasal drops.
Inhalation of a cold
To facilitate nasal breathing help inhalation. Steam inhalation for colds are the old – fashioned way in a pot of hot water, you should pour a small amount of broth herbs or essential oils, and breathe in the steam for 10 minutes.
To get rid of a cold will help daily treatments for 5-7 days.
For the preparation of inhalation you can use essential oils of eucalyptus, tea tree, pine or peppermint. In a container of hot water should be added 3-4 drops of oil and breathe in the fragrant steam to 15 minutes.
To cure chronic rhinitis help inhalation by decoctions of herbs. Quick result is achieved by the use of mother and stepmother. To prepare the broth should pour a large spoonful of the plants with a Cup of boiling water and allow to stand for five hours. Then the broth poured into a bowl of hot water and breathe the steam.
To facilitate nasal breathing helps with inhalation of a decoction of eucalyptus. For its preparation should be two large tablespoons of dried eucalyptus leaves, pour a glass of boiling water and boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Then the broth is poured into a container of water for the procedure.
Inhalations are used to relieve discomfort and moisturize mucous membranes. If the patient has copious thick mucus is yellow or green, inhalation conduct is prohibited. In this case, the treatment of chronic runny nose folk remedies will have no effect but can worsen the symptoms. Treatment of cold steam is not possible with sinusitis and otitis media.
If there is ear pain or pus from the ear, should see a physician instead of carrying out the treatment of rhinitis at home.
Chronic rhinitis may be due to a deviated septum. Folk remedies in this case are powerless to solve the problem will help only surgical intervention.
It is important to remember that self-medication for the deviated septum can be dangerous, so before using any drug you should first consult with the otolaryngologist.