Chronic sinusitis: symptoms and treatment in adults, symptoms and medications
How it is expressed and treated for chronic sinusitis in adults?
The inflammatory process in the paranasal sinuses has a number of signs and symptoms, but to determine the formation of sinusitis in the early stages is quite difficult. At the initial stage the symptoms of sinusitis are similar to common rhinitis or SARS, so many patients confuse these inflammation. Unfortunately, this behavior triggers a quick transition of acute inflammation into the chronic stage. The signs of chronic sinusitis in adults are much heavier and more difficult to treat, as they have certain properties.
Therefore, despite the similarity of symptoms at the initial stage, you need to define sinusitis in time to begin his treatment. For this patient should undergo a diagnosis, and then to strictly adhere to treatment, which includes administration of antibacterial drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, various drops and sprays, and treatment of chronic sinusitis at home in adults and children with the use of traditional methods.
Symptoms and consequence of chronic sinusitis
Inflammation of the mucous membrane, in which the process of suppuration in the maxillary cavity is dangerous to the health of patients. When blockage of the openings that connect the nasal passages and the maxillary cavity, there is a narrowing of the ducts. As a result, the patient accumulates a large amount of mucus, as it is not able to leave the cavity alone.
After the deterioration of the outflow of mucous secretions swollen mucosal.
They may have an allergic reaction or cause acute rhinitis.
With this inflammation worsens drainage of the sinus that leads to the development of sinusitis.
There are several risk factors, due to which there is chronic sinusitis.
These include the following prior symptoms:
- Difficulty in nasal breathing.
- The increase in the nasal cavities, caused by allergic rhinitis or vasomotor rhinitis.
- Sinusitis can cause not timely started therapy treatment infections – flu, colds, rhinitis, tonsillitis and other diseases.
- Chronic diseases in the cavity of the upper respiratory tract often provoke the formation of chronic sinusitis.
- Congenital tonsillitis, pharyngitis, rhinitis becomes a precursor for inflammation of sinusitis.
- Often the immune system are the main cause of the condition.
- Congenital anomalies strongly affect the formation of negative processes.
- Upon acquisition changes in the structure of the nose sinusitis occurs much more often.
- Sometimes hereditary predisposition becomes a provocative factor for the formation of inflammation of the paranasal sinuses.
- Frequent colds sinus infection quickly passes from the acute stage to the chronic form.
At the time of diagnosis of inflammation in addition to symptoms it is necessary to find out the causative agents of inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. They may be viruses that provoke the emergence of colds, flu and other acute respiratory diseases. They increase the formation of mucous secretion, which becomes a provocateur of education of chronic sinusitis.
The second type includes bacteria — Staphylococcus aureus, anaerobes, streptococci, pneumococci, and Haemophilus influenzae often provokes an inflammatory process in the paranasal sinuses and nasal mucosa.
The third type includes fungi. They most often appear in people with a weakened immune system and suffering from diabetes, AIDS and other inflammation.
Notice the formation of chronic sinusitis can be in establishing the factors set forth above.
Other symptoms include:
- profuse runny nose with a large accumulation of mucus;
- purulent discharge from the nasal cavity;
- inflammation in the nasopharynx;
- feeling of tickling in the throat;
- severe pain in the head, which are amplified in the dark;
- shooting pain during active physical exercises;
- palpation patients complain of unpleasant sensations in the frontal sinus and the nose;
- patients color;
- produces weakness, fatigue;
- severe change in temperature, chills;
- persistent pain in the nose;
- the pain, which gives all over the face and neck;
- in the nose increase the discomfort;
- pain in the forehead, which is enhanced by the morning;
- severe nasal congestion, difficulty breathing;
- the twang of a voice;
- violation of smell or complete absence;
- pain when taking food or liquid;
- frequent and severe cough;
- periodic pain in infraorbital region;
- characteristic signs of intoxication.
Keep in mind that in case of nausea, vomiting, and other signs of toxicity not related to food, it is necessary to take urgent measures.
Perhaps the patient formed the inflammation in the brain, which often happens in case of untimely treatment of chronic sinusitis.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis are similar to acute inflammation, but unlike this type of illness, treatment in the first case takes up to two months.
In acute sinusitis the symptoms arise abruptly, and in the chronic stage, are occasional and do not cause serious deterioration of the patient.
Upon detection of the first signs of disease of the maxillary cavity, seek medical help to the otolaryngologist.
Treatment of inflammation of the maxillary sinuses
Without treatment, acute sinusitis in a very short time passes into the chronic stage. In this case, treatment should be longer and more powerful, as it is not always a form of sinus infection to respond to standard treatments.
When inflammation of the paranasal sinuses is necessary, a comprehensive treatment of medication and with the ineffectiveness of such a method is assigned to surgical intervention.
With conservative treatment the patient is assigned to the following drugs for the treatment of chronic sinusitis local or broad-spectrum:
- Antibacterial drugs – «Dolfin», «Zephyrus», «Sodapop», «Rocephin», «Maximim», «Sporidex», «Axetil», «Kefzol», «Lindzen», «Cefoxitin».
- Drops with antibiotics «Izofra», «Polideksa», «Sofradeks», «Garson», «Vibrocil».
- Anti-inflammatory drugs – «Flurbiprofen», «Ketoprofen», «Aminopyrine», «Piroxicam», «Ibuprofen,» «Naproxen».
- Decongestants – «Xylometazoline», «Galazolin», «Rinonorm», «Llanos», «ksimelin», «Rinorus», «Rinktis», «Glycine».
- Antihistamines — «Trexel», «Getalong», «Zodak», «Semprex», «Core», «claritin».
- Rinsing the nasal passages with the following drugs – «Aqua Maris», «Dolphin», «Humer», «Pharmstandard» neosmectin «soft».
- Treated with physiotherapy.
As a result of this complex treatment, the patient must undergo a swelling of the mucous membrane and mucus mixed with pus.
Anti-inflammatory drugs are designed to relieve inflammation and restoration of nasal breathing, and physiotherapy is necessary to prevent recurrence and strengthen the effect from drug exposure.
All medicines are selected in accordance with the cause of the inflammation and taking into account individual peculiarities of the organism.
Treatment at home
Treatment of sinusitis at home is possible only after consultation with your doctor. To apply the techniques described below alone is unacceptable, as you can trigger the development of illness and trigger dangerous complications.
The symptoms and treatment of chronic sinusitis in adults requires constant supervision of several doctors.
Therefore it is not always inflammation of the paranasal sinuses can be treated at home.
For home treatment is allowed to perform the following manipulations:
- Eliminate the source of the disease. This requires drugs that are designed to kill viruses and bacteria. What drug to select for bacterial, fungal or other damage will help the doctor.
- In the treatment with antibiotics and other medicines should be strictly follow the allowed dosage. After you feel better you can’t stop your medication because you can provoke a relapse of the disease. Besides goes untreated sinusitis dangerous to humans.
- To remove the inflammatory process may drainage of the sinuses. In order to do daily nasal lavage with solutions of chamomile, rosehip or medical drugs. For washing often use seawater or a solution of furatsilina. Nasal lavage in conjunction with other types of treatment is able to restore nasal breathing, and normalize the patient’s condition.
- To help with swelling at home you can use the decoction of St. John’s wort, propolis, Kalanchoe, drops of eucalyptus and other medicinal plants.
- In the absence of purulent discharge allowed treatment warm. Warming of the paranasal sinuses promotes the flow of mucus and wellbeing. To do this, use lotions salt or heated cereals.
- Useful exposure to blue light.
- In the case of severe pain is needed compresses using «Dioksidina».
According to statistics, comprehensive treatment of prostatitis promotes a speedy recovery. The simultaneous intake of medicines and use of folk recipes will help to get rid of chronic sinusitis in less time. But remember that applying only traditional methods without medicine will not be able to save the patient from the source of inflammation, so a possible imminent relapse.
In the absence of proper, and most importantly – the correct treatment, there is a risk of more serious illnesses. Chronic sinusitis often causes suppurative otitis media, facial palsy, sepsis and meningitis.
To prevent such consequences it is necessary to visit a doctor and follow the prescribed treatment.