Ciprofloxacin in sinusitis: dosage & reviews
How to take Ciprofloxacin in sinusitis?
Antibiotic therapy plays an important role in the treatment of a patient with a bacterial infection. Timely scheduled and adequately performed by the use of antibiotics ensures speedy recovery and prevents complications.
Treatment of sinusitis is mainly based on the use of antimicrobials such as Ciprofloxacin. The action of the drug prevents the spread of the inflammatory process in the paranasal sinuses, and membranes of the brain.
What is the drug Ciprofloxacin?
Ciprofloxacin is an antibacterial drug ftorhinolonov number of I generation. It belongs to the most effective drugs in this group, therefore is produced in many countries under different names (Kvintor, Ciloxan, Tsifran, Flaperons).
Sensitive to Ciprofloxacin many aerobic and intracellular pathogens. Resistance to the drug develops very slowly, unlike other members of the group ftorhinolon.
Ciprofloxacin has the following properties:
- bacteriostatic — disrupts DNA synthesis;
- bactericidal — causing changes in the structure of bacteria which ensures quick destruction.
The drug takes effect within a few hours after administration by the oral route, and after half an hour when administered parenterally. Ciprofloxacin has the property to penetrate through the blood-brain barrier. So it is used in infectious diseases of brain and spinal cord, and ENT organs, etc.
How to take the medicine in the sinus?
The drug is administered in tablet form (10 to 20 pieces in acheikova packing) in grams:
With simple form of sinusitis your doctor may prescribe a reception of 0.125-0.5 g (250-750 mg) of the drug 2 times a day. Daily dose of Ciprofloxacin should not exceed 1.5 g. Usual duration of therapy is 7 to 10 days. Complicated form treated up to 4 weeks. Medication to use before meal with a glass of water.
Dosage of Ciprofloxacin in sinusitis and mode of use are set by the doctor individually.
Ciprofloxacin is contraindicated in the following cases:
- in case of hypersensitivity to components and antibacterial drugs from the group of ftorhinolon (chinalaw);
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- in functional disorders of the kidneys, with marked cerebrovascular disorders and pathologies of the cerebral vessels, epilepsy and epileptic syndrome;
- together with drugs that reduce the acidity of the stomach and Tizanidine.
Ciprofloxacin may have the following side effects:
- nervous system — headache, dizziness, insomnia, migraine, increased intracranial pressure, IOP, fainting, profuse sweat, increased light sensitivity, among more serious complications — depression, hallucinations, blood clots in the arteries of the brain;
- the digestive tract — dyspepsia (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric pain, flatulence), as well as hepatitis, necrosis of hepatocytes, yellowness of the sclera and mucous membranes;
- mochevyvodjashie system — a violation of urination in the form of its acceleration;
- cardiovascular system – hypotension, arrhythmia, tachycardia;
- hematopoietic system — the increase or decrease in the number of white blood cells, reduction of platelets and red blood cells, and also cause haemolytic anaemia;
- musculoskeletal system — muscle pain, arthritis, tendon rupture.
Quite often allergic reactions to the drug:
- allergic fever;
- Angioedema, etc.
Ciprofloxacin in sinusitis: reviews
Svetlana, 29 years old Yekaterinburg: «Often suffer from colds. To the doctor do not apply. Recently, the state began to deteriorate. Felt broken, the temperature of the week was held to 37.3-37,50 C. the Doctor was diagnosed with maxillary sinusitis. Prescribed medications, prescribed Ciprofloxacin. Thought treatment costing a pretty penny. But went cheap and cheerful. Sinusitis passed just a week. The only thing that was frustrating that the entire reception was constantly sick and twisted stomach.»
Margarita, 35 years old Saint-Petersburg: «Always use Ciprofloxacin for treatment of otitis media, sinusitis, etc. Medication always helps me. Many of my friends refuse to use it, complain about bloating and rash, but I have never any complications arose. The drug was well tolerated always.»
Alexander, 40, Nizhny Novgorod: «the Ciprofloxacin has advised a friend to replace medication prescribed by your doctor. Medicine I liked. Adequate price, the package of 10 tablets, not just on one course of treatment. The only thing sometimes there is diarrhea. But I think it’s comparable to what Ciprofloxacin cure sinusitis effectively.»
The use of Ciprofloxacin in sinusitis should be competent to take it at the appointed time and to adhere strictly to the assigned dosage. It is worth remembering that this is a drug, which is aimed at cell death, thus in some degree affected and the cells of the body. Therefore, to confirm the diagnosis and bacterial nature of the infection make it not worth it.