Cochlear cochlear neuritis — symptoms and treatment
How to treat cochlear neuritis of the auditory nerve?
Cochlear cochlear neuritis is inflammation of the cranial sensitivity, namely the eighth nerve located in the inner ear area.
To determine the disease is not complicated, as in inflammation of this nerve comes progressive deafness.
About the disease
Neuritis of the auditory nerve or cochlear neuritis uncommon disease, however, is very unpleasant. This inflammation leads to damage of the nervous system of the ear, which will certainly affect the dysfunction of activity and the onset of sensorineural hearing loss.
Most often this disease manifests itself in older men.
In rare cases there are inflammation in people who have not yet reached the fiftieth anniversary.
A common mistake many people of retirement age is ignoring the symptoms of hearing loss.
Many people think that age-related changes, although it is not.
Symptoms and causes
At the beginning of the inflammatory process affects not only the delicate tissues of the organ of hearing, but there is a sharp and aching pain in the ear.
In addition, define the following symptoms of neuritis of the auditory nerve:
- In connection with the defeat of the auditory nerve, the person gradually loses his hearing acuity. However, initially the hearing loss is almost not noticed which is why many patients notice a deterioration only at the moment of climax of the disease, which inevitably leads to hearing loss permanently.
- The rustle and squeak in the ears bother the patient throughout the inflammation. Do not ignore these symptoms.
- Contact your doctor if frequent dizziness and nausea.
- The imbalance is one of the main signs of inflammatory processes in the ears, as it is one of the main functions of the organ of hearing.
- The manifestation of General weakness and prolonged headache should immediately put a qualified physician. This testifies to the inflammatory process in the vestibulocochlear nerve.
- Appears prolonged pain in the ears. It can be everyday moments or as a consequence of mechanical damage.
- People with high blood pressure will feel the chills and the feeling of foreign elements in the eyes.
- In addition, at the onset of neuritis of the auditory nerve there is a violation of the structure of the vessels in the walls of the brain.
- Often when neuritis increases the overall body temperature. The person feels weary and tired. Manifested General malaise, and reduced immune health. This provokes the onset of colds or flu.
If you have any of these symptoms should be urgently directed to the doctor as most cases of optic neuritis leads to complete hearing loss.
Neuritis may be of two types:
The disease may be localized in only one ear, although there are cases of propagation both. To determine the extent of the disease and an accurate diagnosis can only specialist. Commonly you will need to undergo an external examination, audiometry and other tests.
Next, the doctor identifies the degree of hearing loss. There are several types:
- at the first degree of the disease the patient clearly hears only those sounds which are above 26 decibels. However, with increasing sounds up to forty decibel sensitivity is lost. In this case, the patient hears well whisper at a distance of three meters, and normal speech can be heard on six metres;
- at the onset of the second degree the patient does not hear sounds below 41 decibels. The threshold in such a situation usually is fifty-five DB. If you translate the decibels at distance, the patient can disassemble a whisper at a distance of one meter, and conversational speech at three feet;
• if the patient does not understand a whisper at all, and usually it picks up at a distance closer than one meter – this indicates the third degree of the disease. In this case, the hearing is about 56 to 70 decibels;
- the penultimate stage is diagnosed when the hearing is reduced to 90 decibels. In this case, the patient can only make out some sounds;
- in the case of complete deafness comes the fifth stage.
The causes of neuritis are different. Primarily these include various innate characteristics of the organism. In addition, there are the following symptoms:
- Frequent exposure to cold.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Trauma to the brain.
- Broken ears.
- Fracture of the temporal part of the head.
- Tumors in the ears.
- Or chronic suppurative otitis media.
- Inflammation infectious diseases.
- Problems with blood sugar.
- Prolonged use of antibiotics.
Remember that the cause of the disease can be a wrong way of life and ignoring basic safety rules. Therefore, in the cold season do not go outside without a hat and watch your health.
Cochlear cochlear neuritis — treatment
Today, there are several ways of diagnosing this inflammation, so you can identify the disease in its earliest stages, when one can parse the sounds with loudness above seventy decibels.
If you start treatment at this stage is likely a favorable result is increased to sixty percent.
Remember, the later you contact a specialist, the less chances you have to heal completely.
The main treatment for this disease is directed to complete recovery of hearing acuity. For this there is a comprehensive treatment, however, must initially determine the cause of the inflammation.
Remember that any disease is cured from the root cause, even the seemingly not dangerous a cold.
Because of the numerous signs of inflammation the treatment is strictly individual. Therapy may be outpatient in a medical facility. Localization depends on the severity of inflammation.
In the first place after examination of the patient and the surveys carried out drug therapy is prescribed. It includes drugs that improve the metabolism. These include «Cocarboxylase», «Vinpocetine» or «reverse».
Next, is appointed by means of different chemical structure, the inhibitory in the renal tubule reabsorption of water and salts and enhancing their excretion in the urine. Commonly this leads to an increase urinary system.
In the case of infectious the disease, the doctor appoints drugs that suppress bacteria and infection.
These include antibacterial drugs «Amoxicillin», antiviral drugs «Arbidol», «Ingavirin» and anti-inflammatory pill «Ortofen» or «Ibuprofen».
In the case of treatment of neuritis of the auditory nerve is recommended vitamins C and B.
In addition, it is necessary to conduct a full cleansing the body of toxins and harmful substances. In this case, not necessarily medication. Patient enough to take at least two liters of water a day and watch your diet.
In case of inflammation neuritis due to toxic micro-organisms need treatment with antidotes or barbiturates. They are without harm to the body the withdrawal of toxic elements.
After successful treatment physiotherapy, including the treatment of mud and mineral waters.
This treatment is suitable for those patients who have early-stage disease. In the case of more serious inflammation in need of treatment in a medical facility.
In this case, appointed agents, stimulating cerebral circulation. This may be a «Nimodipine» or «Cinnarizine».
In addition, the necessary medication against edema. In the case of unbearable pain pain medications are assigned.
As in outpatient treatment, the patient necessary vitamins and supplements. In addition, the patient needs to follow a strict diet.
In the case of disease due to household or mechanical damage, it is necessary to drink a course of vitamins and to hold regular physiotherapy, who are appointed by the doctor individually.
If the facial palsy is associated with age-related changes take the survey on the level of cholesterol. In this case, you definitely need drugs to lower pressure level and tools that help improve blood clotting.
In case of inflammation with a pathological character, single drug therapy is not enough. In this case, the appointment of a hearing aid.
In other more severe cases, the patient is assigned to surgical intervention and hearing AIDS.
It is also necessary in case of severe pain and constant tinnitus.
Remember, cochlear neuritis — is not a sentence, and it is easily and painlessly treated in the earliest stages of the disease.
However, it all depends on the root cause of inflammation.
If the neuritis was formed due to trauma to the ear, or in the case of poisoning by toxins that the probability of successful recovery is great. In the case of achieving disease third stage or higher – must be a serious and thoughtful treatment.
In some cases, the patient is administered the installation of implants and hearing AIDS.
Remember that in case of unusual noises or prolonged pain, you must contact the otolaryngologist and undergo a complete examination.
After examination, the doctor will prescribe the accurate diagnosis and choose proper treatment.In most cases, the treatment described inflammation was successful.