Contagious sinusitis to others: whether transmitted by airborne droplets
Is there any sinusitis?
Statistical international resources, provide the data that every 10 on the planet diagnosed with chronic inflammation of the maxillary sinus. In the modern world, the question remains, how to prevent infection and sinusitis whether transmitted by droplets?
Knowledge of the pathogenesis of the disease, the causes reduces the likelihood of developing pathology.
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is associated with inflammation of the largest paranasal sinuses – maxillary. In violation of the free outflow of the nasal secretory discharge channels aktiviziruyutsya inflammatory process.
Stagnation develops when exposed to aggressive endogenous and exogenous factors, anatomical deformations of bone and cartilaginous structures of the upper body.
To differentiate possible disease on discomfort occurs in the projection of the nose and okolonosovyh part. The feeling of tension and pressure is localized in the frontal area, zygomatic and temporal region, covers part or the entire area of the front surface.
The pain is intermittent, and its intensity increases with head tilt, palpation, in the evening.
The clinical picture is complemented by the following manifestations:
- runny nose, nasal congestion;
- selection thick aconselho secret. When bacterial etiology snot acquire color from light green to brown with impurities purulent masses;
- increased body temperature to subfebrile figures 38⁰С and above;
- alleviating the perception of odors;
- nasal tone of voice.
Catalysts pathological changes are mainly infectious processes of the upper respiratory tract. Development of sinusitis contributes to hypothermia, immunosuppression, vitamin deficiency, untreated, respiratory viral diseases, the running condition of the teeth.
For reference! The location sinusitis are divided into bilateral (symmetrical inflammatory process develops in two soliah) and unilateral (suffers right or left side).
Can you get a sinus infection from another person?
In maxillary sinusitis, the pathogens penetrate the mucosa through the nasal cavity (outer infection) or the blood (internal contamination). Reasons of origin, the shape of the flow determines the pathology, sinusitis contagious to others.
The danger of Contracting the disease occurs in viral infections, chronic rhinitis, rhinitis of bacterial etiology.
The viral form of sinusitis
Inflammation of the maxillary sinuses provoke pathogenic microorganisms that are transmitted by airborne droplets. The probability of introduction of the pathogenic agent depends on the immune features.
The risk on the behavior of infection increases sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, lack of vitamins, bad habits, anomalies in the structure of the nose. The aggravation of the lesions of the maxillary sinus infectious nature is necessary for autumn and winter, early spring.
It is a complication of viral forms of the disease. To pathogens pathology include staphylococcal and streptococcal infections, chlamydia and Mycoplasma. They are introduced into the body of another person through the air (snot, coughing, sneezing). The strengthening of protective forces of the immune system prevents the risk of infection.
Tip! Timely mobilization of the immune system suppresses the propagation of pathogenic agents. Therefore, when the first symptoms of colds prescribe a short course of antiviral drugs: «Kagocel», «Lavomax», «Nasopure», «Arbidol».
Infectious disease sinusitis or not? The patient with maxillary sinusitis dangerous to others, when catalysts to the development of inflammation are colds, cold, SARS and ARI.
Pathogens of the respiratory system of the infected organism migrate into the environment where they may be in the abiotic and biotic objects. They tend to aerogenic transfer mechanism. Inhalation of contaminated air, pathogenic microorganisms are introduced into the body of a healthy person, where they begin to multiply.
Fact! The possibility of infection determines the presence of a viral or bacterial infection, the susceptibility of the organism, the level of General immunity.
Favorable conditions for activization of activity of pathogenic strains is the weakening of the protective properties of the organism. This condition is typical for children when the immature immune system is not able to repel infectious agents.
Sinusitis is not contagious, but contact with a carrier of a viral and bacterial form of pathology increases the chances of infection of the respiratory tract of a healthy person. For internal causes of inflammation, the patient is not a carrier of pathogenic microorganisms, it is not a threat to others.
How can I get sinusitis
Modern medicine is a predefined set of catalysts of violation of the integrity of the maxillary sinuses. Bacteria and viruses – the main sources of upper respiratory tract.
Pathological vasoconstriction, disruption of the drainage of the sinuses caused by the following factors:
- deformation of the bone and cartilage structure of the nose, deviated septum. The decline in the functioning of sinuses the top jaw is not infectious nature, is most often a congenital form of sinusitis;
- fragments bone injuries or fractures, localization of foreign objects can cause hypertrophy of nasal turbinates, nasal congestion;
- allergic reaction. Occurs when exposed to body antigens, most often of natural origin (wool Pets, disputes plants, dust). Swelling of the connecting channels may develop on the background of the use of drugs;
- polyps. Pathological proliferation of skin cells interfere with the natural communication of the sinuses with the environment. To hypertrophy of the soft tissues is increasing the pharyngeal tonsils (adenoids). Inflammation is not transmitted by the aerogenic way. Develops deviation on the background running of an infectious or inflammatory process during the chronic stage of rhinitis;
- nature of odontogenic sinusitis. Caused by pathological processes of the jaw apparatus of: osteomyelitis of the upper jaw, severe periodontitis, suppuration of the radicular cyst, inflammation around the canines and premolars, traumatic tooth extraction. Spread of infection in the maxillary sinuses contributes to hygiene of the mouth, neglected teeth, improper treatment bone formation.
To any of the above forms of the disease can join a bacterial infection. To reduce the risk of infection it is necessary to observe preventive measures. The set of measures is reduced to the hardening of the body, proper nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene and cleanliness in the house.
Inflammation of the maxillary sinuses is not an infectious disease. However, microorganisms bacterial and viral aerogenic microflora characteristic of the movement mechanism.
Causes of internal contamination are not dangerous to the surrounding people. Knowledge about how how is sinusitis, will allow you to protect yourself and family members from pathological disorders.