Cough of teething in children: could it be, Komorowski
Could there be a cough with teething?
Cough is frequently combined with severe pathological disorders. Unpleasant symptom is considered normal when its appearance is connected with teething in infants. Not all young parents are aware of this, and immediately begin to treat the child harmful synthetic drugs. How to make sure that the cough is associated with the growth of the teeth, and help the kid easier to go through this important, but difficult process?
Teething, cough and cold: reality or myth?
From the moment of conception the fetus receives the necessary immunoglobulins from the mother through the placenta, after birth through breast milk. To six months changes the composition of the nutrient fluids, it is necessary to include in the diet of new foods.
The time of introduction of complementary foods coincides with the time of appearance of the first molars. The body is under a lot of stress. Acquired immunity has not yet formed, and the one who gave mom, used.
Understand that the child can grow teeth on his behavior: he becomes cranky, whiny and irritable, all pulling in the mouth, refuses to eat.
Another sure sign is a cough and a runny nose while teething. This fact explains the close location and the relationship of the oral and nasal cavity. The appearance of baby teeth is accompanied by increased salivation, swelling of gums, increased blood circulation.
For reference! The time when the first tooth can not be determined exactly. The starting time of this process depends on several factors: the sex of the baby, nutrition, heredity, climate and living conditions.
The inflammatory process triggered a defensive reaction, increases the amount of mucus produced. As the system destabilized mucociliary clearance, mucus accumulates in the paranasal sinuses, farther from the nose dripping down the oropharynx, irritating the cough receptors.
Cough during growth of teeth may be wet or dry. The first is the result of accumulation of mucus at the beginning of the esophagus. The emergence of unproductive acts associated with dryness of the mucosa of the upper respiratory tract because of nasal congestion.
The cough attacks are characterized by paroxysmal in character, occur up to 10 times a day, last from 5 to 15 minutes. Cough worsens during crying. Normally, the duration of the forced exhalation should not exceed 5 days.
Most babies worried about nocturnal cough while teething. The child is in a horizontal position, therefore, the outflow of mucus at the back of the throat is more intense.
Not to confuse catarrhal cough with a protective adaptive response it is important to know the symptoms of teething:
- the mucus is clear, watery, without impurities and odors;
- body temperature is maintained at the level of natural subfebrile figures, rarely slightly increased;
- the skin in the chin area irritated due to profuse salivation;
- are frequent and liquid bowel movements;
- during the cough reflexes are absent extraneous sounds and rales;
- the cough reflexes do not progress, the frequency and intensity is reduced by 3-4 days.
Nuance! To remove the irritation from the skin that is associated with the abundant secretion of saliva, treat the affected areas of the children’s smoothing cream. Better the procedure is done before bedtime, so that useful components are fully absorbed.
During the period of tooth growth against the background of a weakened immune system there is a high risk of infection of the child’s body by viruses and bacteria. Therefore, to eliminate the possibility of infectious disease, the child should show the pediatrician.
Tips Dr. Komarovsky, how to help your child
Respected pediatrician E. O. Komarovsky focuses on the fact that the refusal of medical advice of dangerous complications. If the baby has a fever 38⁰ With a stuffy nose, bad cough, don’t blame everything on the teeth. Most likely we are talking about infection, and the mother waits when unpleasant symptoms will pass independently, at the time, as the condition of the baby deteriorates.
If the doctor confirmed that cough is a natural reaction caused by the rising tooth, then medication can only aggravate the child’s condition. The therapeutic objective is to eliminate the common cold, because the stagnation aconselho secret provokes a reflex in the cough center.
Important! If before the growth of teeth the baby had a viral respiratory infection, ask the service technician to select immunomodulatory drugs to strengthen the body before the new «test».
The following recommendations will help to normalize the General condition of baby:
- Rinse and moisturize the nose. Mechanical cleansing of the paranasal sinuses reduces the accumulation of mucus, prevents the formation of dry crusts. For this purpose, use a saline solution prepared at home (1 tbsp. water 1 tsp. salt). In a pre-cleaned nasal cavity instill 2-3 drops of the liquid after 5-10 minutes, carefully remove the remains with cotton sticks, sterile cotton tips. Alternative assistant drugs are pharmaceutical preparations based on sea water: «Akvamaris», «Aqualor», «Humer», «Marimer». Due to the absence of synthetic compounds allowed from the first days of life, and the presence of useful minerals only accelerates the healing process.
- Remove from the nose of excess mucus. With the task on «perfectly» handle a special device – a nasal aspirator. Replace my can medical syringe, syringe without needle or eyedropper. The main rule – to carry out activities systematically. Upon completion of drip into each nostril 2-3 drops of saline or isotonic solution.
- Massaging the gums. The procedure will help to reduce the intensity of pain. With this purpose, offer the baby a special chilled teethers.
- To handle the gums are drugs with analgesic effect: «the Killers», «Detoxing», «Kalgel», «Kamistad».
- To create a favorable microclimate in the room. The optimal day temperature varies between 20-21⁰С, for a night’s sleep is reduced by a few degrees, the humidity level in the range of 55-60%. A systematic wet cleaning. To ventilate the room 2 times a day.
- Ensure to drink plenty of liquids.
- To increase the duration of walks in the fresh air.
- Putting the baby to sleep on your side, and then the mucus won’t drain the oropharynx.
- Often to bathe a baby. Natural moisture has a positive effect on a sore throat, soothes cough, profilaktirujut the formation of secretions from the nose.
Could there be a cough during teething in children? Yes! But the diagnosis needs a qualified technician, not the parents. Because the immune protection of the child is not fully formed, and during growth of teeth weakens even more, then there is a high risk of respiratory disease.
Be attentive to the health of the child and react to every change in his body in time to help him and not make mistakes!