Coughing up blood: what it could be, causes of sputum with blood, cough with blood
What to do if you cough up blood?
If for an adult person to determine infectious or catarrhal cough, and then to cure the inflammation is not too difficult, while coughing with blood must pass an urgent diagnosis. The presence of such a symptom indicates a dangerous process, which occurs in the upper respiratory tract. Damage to blood vessels can occur due to pneumonia, tuberculosis, or for diseases of the heart. In addition, there are more than twenty reasons for the expectoration of blood when coughing.
Sometimes the factors of formation of such a process lie even ordinary catarrhal inflammation, when the patient does not receive proper treatment. Discharge with blood streaks should be treated in connection with the root cause of this process. For this patient should seek professional medical advice and not to use independent methods. Ignorance of side effects and contraindications some drugs may cause the development of inflammation and be a cause of poor health.
Why do I get spotting
Of bleeding are formed on the background of many of the inflammation, but often this process appears when catarrhal disease. Blood streaks appear on the background goes untreated flu, colds or influenza. This is due to constant pressure and irritation to the bronchial tubes and mucous membrane of the pharynx.
Blood clots in cough due to respiratory inflammation can cause the following complications:
- pulmonary hemorrhage;
- the ingress of air into the pleural cavity;
- accumulation of pus within the respiratory system or lungs.
Smoking and its effects
Frequent cause of discharge of blood from the throat becomes Smoking. If the patient uses cigarettes more than a decade, this process occurs in the background of atrophied mucous membrane of the pharynx.
Treatment of «smoker’s cough» starts with eliminating harmful habits. But if this process is ignored, the patient can diagnose cancer. Today, this inflammation is found in more than half of all smokers with the experience.
Set cancer in the early stages is quite problematic, since patients often ignore the cough and other symptoms. Notice the progression of the disease can be due to the following features:
- strong and painful but periodic cough;
- pain in sternum;
- constant shortness of breath;
- deterioration of health;
- copious phlegm yellow hue;
- strong weight loss.
Important! Of bleeding in cancer stands as the leading symptom.
At peripheral cancer the patient is suffering from constant and debilitating cough that cannot be resolved by antitussive drugs and expectorants various. Therefore, when a strong and constant irritation of the bronchial mucosa, the patient should immediately go to the hospital.
When detected in the sputum of blood secretions should not postpone visit to the doctor. If the cause of the inflammation is not in respiratory or infectious diseases, the blood may be indicative of more serious processes. Very often sputum with blood appears in tuberculosis.
The reason for the formation of tuberculosis is the infection of Bacillus Kochi. The inflammation may be primary and secondary, but regardless of species requires not delay treatment.
For reference! Pneumonia can be cured medically way. Therapy lasts for several months.
To be infected with TB can household way. Mycobacteria enter the body through utensils or food by. In the development of the disease plays an important role immune system, as well as the following factors:
- the presence of diabetes;
- HIV infection;
- Smoking and alcohol abuse;
- contact with a sick person;
- the presence of various benign or malignant tumors;
- adverse living conditions;
- work-related lung disease due to contact with chemicals, dust, construction materials.
At first tuberculosis is manifested not only by the formation of blood discharge when you cough, but severe weakness, lethargy, a strong decrease in weight, sweating, a strong increase in body temperature.
Usually in tuberculosis patients suffer from wet cough which cannot be cured only anti-inflammatory and antitussive drugs. Therefore, if the patient cough with blood and suffering from wet cough, immediately contact the hospital.
Not always spotting appear in these diseases. If the patient cough with blood, what could it be besides cancer and tuberculosis? Often this symptom is observed in patients with pneumonia.
The causative agent enters the lungs through the blood or lymph nodes, causing severe shortness of breath, fever, weakness and chills the patient. Other symptoms of inflammation include:
- increased body temperature;
- loss of health;
- lethargy and fatigue;
- headaches and temporal pain;
- soreness in the chest;
- excessive sweating.
Risk of pneumonia is increased if the patient is suffering from diabetes frequently or excessively consume alcohol.
The cough with pneumonia is characterized as productive, but in the first few days it can be dry. With the progression of inflammation indicated the formation of phlegm yellow or green tint. Together with mucus the patient allocated blood clots.
The cause of hemoptysis may be due to the strong trauma to the blood vessels of the lungs. This process requires immediate medical assistance, as a violation of integrity may cause death of the patient.
Most often, this pathology occurs in people of retirement age. There are two types of bleeding:
- Pulmonary hemorrhage.
If in the first case the patient can cure the disease at home, the second needed urgent hospitalization. To define such a process can the characteristic symptom, the discharge becomes of a scarlet hue, and the process is considered to be profuse.
Important! During the day, with such bleeding, the patient can lose a pint of blood.
The reason for this process lies in the fungal inflammation, gangrene or tuberculosis. In addition, emphasize the following factors of education of pulmonary bleeding:
- accumulation of pus in the lungs;
- chronic suppurative process in the bronchi;
- acute blockage of a blood vessel by a blood clot of the pulmonary artery;
- various tumors in the sternum;
- violation of the rules on anticoagulants;
- the disease of the group of pigmentary dystrophy, which is characterized as the excessive accumulation of iron-containing pigment hemosiderin;
- autoimmune granulomatous inflammation of the vessel walls;
- inflammatory or degenerative processes in the lungs that lead to pathological replacement of the lung tissue.
Bleeding causes pallor, palpitations, decreased blood pressure, shortness of breath and severe dizziness. Often in pulmonary hemorrhage patients lose consciousness, so it is important to provide urgent assistance.
If coughing produces sputum with blood, probably the reason for the inflammation lies in the parasitic infestation of the body. Such ailments include:
- paragonimoz — pneumonia, subcutaneous tissue and skeletal muscles, and sometimes of the brain parasitic trematode;
- strongyloidiasis is a chronic inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract;
- ankilostomidoz is a disease that occurs due to the presence in the intestine in humans helminths-ankilostomidoz.
Such processes cause the expectoration of blood and dryness of the mucous membrane, cough, palpitations, and various allergic reactions.
If the disease is not treated, inside the patient’s body may form a favourable flora for the development of more dangerous illnesses.
Sometimes the cause of the bleeding lies in the inflammation of the bronchi.
Most of this inflammation adults suffer. Pathology is accompanied by severe symptoms that cause severe intoxication of the whole organism. The reason for the formation of bronchitis is in severe hypothermia, trauma of the respiratory system, constant stress, but the most frequent factor is viral or infection.
Coughing up blood with bronchitis requires urgent treatment.
If the patient has formed an adverse process, it is important to know what to do if you cough up blood.
After diagnosis and determination of the form of inflammation, is assigned to the following medications:
- Tuberculosis patient prescribed «Isoniazid-AKOS», «Ethambutol-akri», «Pyrazinamide-ACRI», «Streptomycin-KMP», «Kanamycin». These medicines to clear phlegm and reduce inflammation.
- If the inflammation of tuberculosis becomes dangerous consequences, is assigned the following drugs: «Isoniazid», «Rifampicin», «Streptomycin» or «Ethambutol».
- In the case of developing pneumonia treatment involves the administration of antibacterial drugs — «Cefotaxime», «Ceftriaxone», «Ceftazidime», «Azithromycin», «Midecamycin», «Ceftriaxone», «Ceftazidime».
- To cure bronchitis by running the following antibiotics: «Amoxiclav», «Ceftriaxone», «Levofloxacin», «Tavanic», «Levolet», «Leflox».
- To get rid of cancer is possible only through emergency surgery.
- For the treatment of viral or infectious inflammation of the assigned antibacterial drugs and antiviral drug «Anaferon», «Aflubin», «Arbidol», «Umckalor».
- In the complex therapy included the use of mucolytics expectorants. In addition, prescribers for improvement of outflow of a sputum – «Erespal», «Bromhexine», «Mukaltin», «Ambroxol», «ACC».
When a bloody cough torments the patient for a long time and is synchronized with the additional symptoms, you must pass an inspection from a qualified physician. In most cases, this symptom indicates a dangerous inflammation that require urgent medical attention.