Crack in nose does not heal: cause and treatment photo
How to treat a crack in the nose?
One of the most common problems is the nasal mucosa dryness. This change can provoke a variety of factors, but bottom line, the cracks in the nose. Causes and treatment of this pathology is defined only after the diagnosis of changes in the structure of the tissues of the nasal cavity.
Timely access to a specialist to avoid severe complications as a manifestation of such formations can be a sign of pathological changes in internal organs.
Why there is a crack in the lining?
If the crack in the nose not healing the person for quite a long period, it is necessary to establish the cause, in order to begin treatment and prevent the development of complications.
For self-healing of the wound otolaryngologists allocate a one-week period, after which the diagnosis is made and the assigned treatment regimen.
The etiology of the occurrence of cracks in the lining can be varied, among the most common reasons is to provide:
- Lingering cold. The longer a person suffers from rhinitis, the more high probability of crack initiation, as the continuous use of vasoconstrictor drugs certainly leads to dryness of the nasal mucosa. A permanent allocation aconselho secret prevents the healing of the mucous membrane. Medicine rhinitis divides into several types, but the most aggravating form symptoms of small fractures is atrophic rhinitis.
- Infectious – inflammatory process affecting the mucosa of the paranasal sinuses. These include sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, sphenoidal and ethmoidal.
- Herpes. Localization of the rash (sometimes small cracks) can be varied – in the mucosa, the inner surface of the nose wings and tip of the olfactory organ.
- Inflammatory diseases of the respiratory organs quite often provoke the formation of small fractures in the region of the nasal vestibule (anterior nasal cavity). Cause is the violation of the integrity of the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. The destruction of the skin contribute to pathological microorganisms, which feed on miconazole secret. Late therapy with a high probability of beginning of acute purulent-necrotic inflammation of the hair follicle subcutaneous tissue.
Factors influencing the appearance of cracks
In most of the cases the mucosa in the nose crack in the region of the nasal vestibule. This problem significantly complicates a man’s life – there are pain when touching the nose, bismarckiana becomes more painful.
In rare cases, there may be bleeding. To provoke the appearance of small breaks in the mucosa are capable of the following factors:
- prolonged use of medicines (vitamin, vasoconstrictor drugs);
- mechanical trauma of the nasal mucosa;
- frequent bismarckiana and uncontrolled flushing of the nose;
- dry and dusty air;
- allergic reactions;
As practice shows, the appearance of cracks is possible in case of violation of the functioning of the liver and pancreas.
How to heal crack in nose
The first item on the treatment of cracks of the mucous membrane is the elimination of the common cold, significantly impeding the healing process.
Depending on the nature of the painful manifestations of the defect, the doctor selects individual treatment plan, which includes the mandatory use of antiseptics for cutaneous application (ointments, creams) and medicines that have a regenerative effect.
In some cases, can be administered drugs to strengthen the immune system (immunomodulators), antihistamine drugs, drugs that increase the organism resistance to influence of harmful factors as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
In addition to traditional treatment, accelerating the healing process will perform the following manipulations:
- stick to the drinking regime. Drinking plenty of fluids will help moisten the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract;
- contribute to the regeneration of the skin every day taking a vitamin E;
- to maintain optimal humidity;
- to stop taking or reduce the dosage of medication causing dryness of the nasal mucosa;
- the use of inhalation, herbal chamomile or calendula. These medicinal herbs are able to remove inflammation, pain;
- wash nasal cavity brine, cooked by yourself or purchased in a drugstore («Akvamaris», «Phrase», etc.).
Unconventional therapy can be quite effective provided that the correct choice of tools and sequence of procedures.
The most common of these essential oils that you can use as inhalations, and use them as the basis for preparing ointments. To get rid of the cold and dryness of mucous will help oils of pine, fir, eucalyptus or tea tree.
Inhalation is preferably carried out using water bath, as oil inhalation through the use of a nebulizer can cause pulmonary edema. The fact that the mechanical steam flow promotes the deposition of oily droplets within the bronchi, which contributes to the manifestation of complications.
To prepare the steam bath you need the water brought to the boil add a few drops of essential oil. To inhale the vapors must not exceed 15 minutes, after covering your head with a towel (an illustrative example is shown in the photo).
Ointment at home to cook easily enough. You need vaseline, 2 tsp melt on a slow fire and add 4 drops of eucalyptus oil. You can mix the eucalyptus and tea tree oil in equal proportions. Use the ointment three times a day.
Treatment of fractures is not as simple a task as it might seem at first glance. Therefore, to allow the recovery to chance is not recommended, as untimely medical aid could cause a complex pathophysiological process.