Cyst of the urethra in women: types, causes and treatment
Cyst of the urethra (paraurethral cysts) in women is a disease of the genitourinary system, which is a saccular cavity filled with secretory fluid. Cyst of the urethra is localized mainly near the mouth of the urinary tract. Rarely the lesion focus can be placed on the side or rear wall of the channel. Statistics show that the disease occurs in 8% of women. Often a cyst occurs in the urethra in girls and middle aged women, rarely in old age.
What is a disease?
Cyst of the urethra in women is all education, filled with secretory fluid and located at the mouth of the urethra or in it.
Paraurethral cysts are formed from the vestibular glands of the urinary tract (the glands of the Skin), localized outside from the opening of the urethra on the front wall of the vagina, around the sponge body. Glands of the Skin secrete a secret, the purpose of which is to moisten the mucous wall of the channel. In some cases the glands of the urethra inflame, the excretory duct is sealed due to swelling of the mucus, bacteria, epithelial. Then in connection with the ongoing obliteration of the duct of the secret liquid comes out, and therefore formed a cyst in the urethra with the trend of slow growth.
Stagnation of secretory fluid in the gland is not always associated with inflammation — frequently the disease occurs due to changes in hormonal levels occurring in the human body throughout his life.
Cyst of the urethra in women is palpated from the vagina as a round, jugoplastika education, which sometimes when pressed, can release liquid; if the cyst is infection, often pus.
Cyst of the urethra is of two types.
- Cyst partnerbho stroke – this type of cysts develops due to abnormalities of the female genitourinary system. Is the result of splicing of germ duct with the walls of the vagina and urinary tract, which leads to the accumulation of secretory fluid, which formed the cyst.
- Sinewy cysts result from blockage of the small glands located near the urinary tract. Outwardly have the appearance of the bag.
The disease can be congenital (very rare) and acquired (acquired during life due to various reasons).
Cysts of the urethra of any type will not be automatically removed. The longer the process of diagnosis and appropriate treatment, the greater the risk of inflammation and suppuration. Paraurethral cysts are a favorable environment for the accumulation of pathogenic bacteria and stagnation of urine. Inflammation can lead to abscess, which may be opened in the urethra, which will contribute to the development of diverticula.
Cyst urethra goes through two stages of development.
- The first thing that happens is the infection of the paraurethral glands, leading to disruption of the urogenital system. At this stage, appear the first symptoms: frequent and painful voiding, and urethral discharge.
- In the second stage, the cysts increase in size, leading to the addition to the above symptoms of severe pain in the pelvic area and during intercourse. Possible chronic education around the hearth of the cyst.
The causes of the disease
Consider the most common reasons in women there is a cyst urethral:
- genitourinary disorders of inflammatory nature, for example, urethritis;
- trauma and bruising urinary tract;
- hard and rough sexual intercourse, which can cause cracks in the urethra;
- birth trauma (dissection of the perineum);
- the process of childbirth (the passage of the baby’s head through the birth canal);
- chronic diseases, reduce the protective functions of the body;
- immunodeficiency (acquired);
- diseases and infections, sexually transmitted diseases;
- the use of non-natural hygiene products.
The symptoms characteristic of paraurethral cysts:
- pain in the perineum when walking;
- carcinoma – a malignant tumor;
- the formation of a diverticulum;
- urethral discharge, including purulent;
- the hypersensitivity of the gland due to the appearance of the seal;
- inflammatory and infectious processes in the hearth of the formation of cysts;
- when emptying — the feeling in urethra foreign body;
- the bloating in part the localization of the cysts;
- pain and burning sensation;
- hematuria – blotches of blood in the urine;
- discomfort during intimacy;
- a weak stream during emptying of the bladder;
- pain when urinating;
- swelling in the hearth of the cysts;
- swelling at the site of cystic masses.
If you find at least one of the listed symptoms, immediately contact your gynecologist. He will examine and if necessary refer you to a urologist.
After consultation for confirmation of the diagnosis can be assigned to such research:
- clinical analysis of urine;
- tank urine;
- cytological examination of urine;
- An ultrasound of the genital organs;
After receiving and decrypting the medical history the doctor will prescribe individual treatment.
Taking into consideration the reasons that triggered the development of cysts, selected the appropriate treatment. As a rule, appointed complex therapy, which includes conservative method, aimed at the inhibition of inflammatory and infectious processes, and radical — removal of the cyst.
Effective way is surgery. It can be carried out by several methods, but, as a rule, the cyst is removed completely.
You should note that surgery to remove cysts entails risks, while complications depend on the size, location entities, and the presence of infectious-inflammatory processes in the cyst.
May occur the following complications:
- the recurrence of the cyst or infection;
- urethral pain syndrome;
- changes in the structure of the urethra (narrowing, which often causes the development of inflammation);
- urethro-vesico-vaginal fistula.
Each of the women must remember that any disease can be prevented. To cyst urethral won’t bother you, you need time to treat inflammations of the genital organs and urinary system and eliminate any infections listed in the body sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, trichomoniasis); it is recommended to use a condom during intimacy. It is also necessary to adhere to the rules of personal intimate hygiene and do not use cosmetic products with fragrances, preservatives, chemicals.
Women, listen to your body — it is time to let you know about possible health problems.