Cystic glandular endometrial polyp
Endometrial hyperplasia is a severe gynecological disease in which disrupted the normal structure of the endometrium in the uterus. Endometrium is an inner epithelial surface of the female genitals, part of which is regularly rejected by the uterus during the menstrual cycle and is displayed together with bleeding. This rejection is temporary, so as to further tissue regenerated actively, creating favorable conditions for the attachment of a fertilized egg.
But due to some reasons this process can fail and then the endometrium is not rejected by the uterus – a result of its intensive growth, damage to the structure. On the surface of the internal uterine surface appear cystic cavity representing neoplasms of benign character. As a result of proliferation of the superficial tissues of the uterus also increases in size. This phenomenon has been called cystic glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium.
The types of polyp
Today there are several types of polyp:
1. Ferrous form. As is clear from the name, in this case, the polyp consists of glands. This form of hyperplasia often develops in the presence of hormonal changes in the female body. Simple glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium is characterized by proliferation of primarily glandular tissue.
2. The fibrous polyp. It consists of connective tissue stroma.
3. Glandular-fibrous polyp. This type combines the connective-tissue stroma and a number of glands.
4. Cystic endometrial hyperplasia. Characterized by the appearance on the surface of the endometrium cystic neoplasms.
5. Cystic glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium. This form combines the pathological growth of the glandular layer with simultaneous formation of cysts.
6. Adenomatous hyperplasia of the endometrium. This form is the most dangerous and difficult to treat. It is a neoplasm related to Prodecologia forms.
The causes of hyperplasia
A polyp can be formed on the inner surface of the uterus for many reasons.
- The main reason that on the surface of uterine tissue formed polyp, is considered to be a hormonal factor. As a rule, during the first menstruation and during pregnancy in the female body there is a strong hormonal stress, which leads to the fact that the structure of the endometrium is disrupted and develops glandular hyperplasia.
- In frequent cases, the polyp on the inner surface of the uterus is formed subsequently to disorders in functioning of the endocrine system of the female body.
- Glandular endometrial hyperplasia can result from a variety of infectious and inflammatory processes in internal genital organs.
- The formation of the pathology is often a consequence of other gynecological diseases, polycystic ovaries, uterine fibroids, endometriosis.
- Cystic glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium can be triggered by diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, dysfunction of the adrenal glands and the thyroid gland.
- Glandular endometrial hyperplasia often depends on genetic predisposition women. For example, if the mother’s chronic gynecological diseases, the daughter may also develop glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium.
Cystic glandular endometrial polyp symptoms
To determine the development of this disease can be yourself, having a clear idea about its main characteristics.
- A small discharge from the genital tract immediately before menstruation and after.
- Failures in the menstrual and ovulatory cycle.
- Profuse uterine bleeding, which have no connection with the menstrual cycle.
- In some cases, women may have some mild soreness in lower abdomen, weakness, apathy, dizziness.
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Long attempts to get pregnant, which did not succeed. The main symptom of hyperplasia is infertility – this is due to the expanded inner surface of the uterus, which prevent proper attachment of the fertilized egg to the cavity of the body.
When the first symptoms of the disease should immediately consult your doctor for a full examination and diagnosis. Do not delay with the visit to the clinic – the treatment started in the early stages, it will be much more efficiently and effectively and will allow you to quickly forget about what is glandular hyperplasia.
Treatment of glandular cystic polyp
In the advantage of cases for the treatment of this gynecological pathology, applied surgical treatment, as conservative treatment in the fight against the disease is almost powerless. Polyp removed by surgery is thus required is a thorough scraping of the surface of the endometrium, which gives the opportunity to reduce the risk of relapse to almost minimum.
In most cases, the surgical treatment of glandular-cystic hyperplasia of endometrium hysteroscopy is used. This method is considered the most preferred as it allows full control of all aspects of the operation, eliminating the risk of possible injury to the uterus. It hysteroscopy is used to treat women who are planning to get pregnant.
In the course of surgery former location remote treated polyp cryosurgical method using liquid nitrogen. After applying the surgical treatment of hyperplasia the woman is prescribed hormonal therapy, which allows to restore the normal functioning of the internal genital organs. Extracted during surgery tissue and polyps be sent for histological testing is necessary to certify that the polyp is not passed in a malignant tumor. In case of detection of adenomatous hyperplasia further treatment is recommended to continue at the gynecologist and oncologist.