Cysts and ovarian cyst: causes, symptoms and treatment
Cysts and cystoma of ovary — a fairly common phenomenon, requiring greater attention and systematic observation. Tumors of appendages are of different size, shape, structure and density.
What is a cyst?
A cyst is a liquid seal occurred on the background of hormonal failure or strong inflammatory process of the right or left ovary. Classification of the disease has this variety:
- Follicular cyst – the most common intensity of occurrence. Usually formed in only one ovary and does not enforce urgent treatment, because the symptoms symptoms rather weak, almost imperceptible. Often detected at random. Unless there is a positive dynamics, and the tumor reaches a large size, it is medical treatment or surgery. It all depends on the severity of the disease and development of complications.
- Tumor yellow body has a tendency to resorption or disengagement. Painful cramps occur rarely, usually in combination with a chronic diagnosis of an inflammatory nature. Treatment involves observation by a professional. Can develop during pregnancy, but health risks is not.
- Paraovarian cyst develops in the ovary, and in the neighboring ligament extending from the uterus. The cause is a chronic form of inflammation of the appendages (adnexitis).
Cystoma, unlike the cyst, the more serious the disease, because it is not formed due to the accumulation of fluid, and because of the growth of the epithelium of ovarian cell division. Often growing from an ordinary cyst of the right or left ovary and may have a multi-chamber structure. The origin of the cyst has no clear justification, but contains a number of related factors. Classification of the disease includes the 4 groups of tumors sistemnih:
- on the background of hormonal activity;
- connective tissue;
In addition, different cyst, benign, malignant and proliferating.
The main types of diseases according to quality are divided into the following categories:
- Serous cystoma suggests the presence of a unilocular tumor, filled with ultrafiltrate of plasma. Usually grows to large sizes, is 25 -30 cm in diameter. The risk of cancer in the form of 15% among women age category of 40-45 years. Therefore, timely treatment and regular monitoring by a gynecologist is an important aspect of maintaining not only health, but life in General.
- Mucinous cystoma of the ovary is the most common neoplastic disease in the appendages. Can be both single-chamber and multi-chamber epithelial capsule filled with mucous contents. Low risk of transformation into cancer — 5% — most often on women over 50-year milestone.
- Cystoma of the right appendage can occur in young girls and women in the phase of menopause. Women in these age periods are prone to various diseases due to high hormonal imbalances. Cystoma of the right appendage has several varieties: follicular, luteal, serous, pseudomucinous, dermoid, endometrial. And their origin is determined only on the background of concomitant cyst of the right ovary, converted into a chronic form.
- Cystoma of the left ovary has the same structure as that of the right. The difference is quite a high risk of degeneration into cancer and size of the tumors, reaching usually of large size.
Also there are glandular cystoma, endometroid, papillary and reliabilily. Despite the different wording of the diagnosis, the main danger is the high risk of rupture of the tumor at any time: during physical exertion, trauma.
Popular causes of cysts and cyst of the ovary
Ovarian cyst, both right and left, occurs due to hormonal imbalance that occurs in 85% of cases, while 15% are chronic inflammation or other provocations. Cystoma has many options for its origin:
- Age category. At risk, mostly women with the extinction of sexual function appendages.
- Frequent and numerous abortions is directly proportional to the high degree of development of the cystoma of the ovary.
- Chronic disruption of the appendages.
- Hereditary «family history».
- In the postoperative period may start forming cystoma of the operated ovary.
- Disorders of the menstrual cycle.
- Cancer of the breast.
- Ectopic pregnancy or fading of the fruit.
- Chronic viral diseases: herpes, HPV and other.
- Minor instigators of development of the cystoma are bad habits and abundance in the menu of fatty foods.
Despite the fact that both the cyst and cystoma carry some threat to women’s health, they manifest themselves very poorly, especially in the early stages of development.
Symptoms of the cysts and cyst of right and left appendages.
If the cyst may signal pain in the lower abdomen, cystoma of the left ovary, and right, over time, manifests itself through the signs:
- Heaviness and bloating.
- The symptom of pain has the following character: nagging pain, depending on traffic and aggravated by intercourse and physical activity.
- Frequent urination, constipation or diarrhea arise on the background of the tumor growing to a certain size, pressing on the bowel and bladder.
- Externally, may be rendered obvious asymmetry of the abdomen and swelling of the lower extremities.
- Ascites, fever, nausea, vomiting and pronounced pain syndrome, characteristic of the development of complications and require immediate help of a doctor.
To diagnose these diseases, you must pass all the necessary tests and undergo ultrasound examination. In the process of a pelvic exam, the professional is able to identify chistomu even before symptoms begin. Therefore, you should not ignore the doctor’s advice on the complex study of the body, because cystoma may occur due to uterine fibroids, ectopic pregnancy or cancer of the bowel and bladder.
Treatment of cysts and cyst appendages
Cyst and right and left ovary of any origin and nature are treated in 3 ways: waiting, medication and surgery. Cystoma, because of the high risk to develop into cancer, and require a more radical approach to treatment. The most correct and reasonable solution is to remove the cyst surgically. This eliminates the development of cancer not only in ovaries but also in the neighboring abdominal organs. The type of surgery depends on the size cystoma and its features. An important factor in the choice of operation is patient age.
Cystectomy is held with the aim of preservation of the ovary, not to deny women the ability to bear children. Cystectomy effective at small sizes of the tumor and the diagnosis of serous cystoma. Papillary and mucinous illness forced to remove not only the tumor, and ovary. Age category of women who have attained menopause, be cuff closure — surgery to remove the uterus, fallopian tubes and appendages. The cystoma transition to a malignant tumor assumes standard treatment of cancer: chemotherapy, radiation, and radiation exposure, hormone therapy. Urgent cases of cysts and the cyst will depend on the extent of complications: tearing, twisting legs tumors that cause severe clinic manifestations.