Decapsulate ovaries: causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
Multiple growth of small ovarian cysts with the formation of separate capsules that have the ability to life inside the body for many years, medicine is formulated by several terms. Polycystic resulting from new degenerated cysts with size up to 10 mm in diameter, often called sklerokistoz ovarian syndrome or Stein – Leventhal, in honor of the scientists who in 1935 revealed this process and described it.
The origin of the disease
Causes of ovarian sklerokistoz may be different, but they all share belonging to the hormonal imbalance. The main provocation of the disease are:
- Increased production of folliculostimulating in the body creates a favorable environment for the formation of new seals.
- Luteinizing hormone with its intense production also capable of creating small cystic formations, with a dense capsule.
- The adrenal glands produce larger amounts of steroids along with reduced estrogen are provocateurs to cause sklerokistoz ovaries.
Among the most frequent reasons that lead:
- Gynecological inflammatory diseases in the anamnesis of life.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Numerous abortion.
Despite the true origin of the disease, there are two types: congenital and acquired. And the main risk category for the occurrence of the disease are nulliparous women and young girls in puberty formation.
Type of disease has three forms:
- Primary polycystic ovaries – occurs when the pathological changes of the body.
- Combined form of the disease – when the production of male sex hormones, is prevalent in the ovaries and adrenal glands.
- Central or secondary type of sklerokistoz due to the disruption of the normal functioning of the pituitary gland and hypothalamus.
Symptoms of the disease
Signs of ovarian sklerokistoz do not have pronounced manifestations, and many of the symptoms are similar to other women’s diseases.
- Menstrual cycle how in the direction of scarcity and of abundant blood discharge. Sometimes it happens the complete absence of menstruation, alternated with sudden bleeding.
- The inability to become pregnant with suspected infertility.
- Hormonal disruptions, expressed in the change of body areas covered with hair. Appear above the lip, on the chest and in the abdomen in the background of the baldness of the crown and the frontal side portions. Usually occurs in the male type and is called hirsutism. Also often appears acne on the face, back, chest. And form rashes tend to development of acne and comedones.
- The tendency to excess weight on the background of the usual menu. With snooze body fat mostly in the abdominal cavity, that little characteristic of the female body.
- The change in size of the ovaries increase due to the increase of multiple cysts. Moreover, the process occurs rapidly and symmetrically on both sides.
- Hypoplasia of the mammary glands, genitals and uterus.
- Violation of the integrity of the subcutaneous fat layer with the multiple appearance of stretch marks in the hips, abdomen, fifth point.
- Overall health is reduced according to the type of weakness, fatigue, loss of sleep, sexual activity.
- Headaches and dizziness associated with neurotic seizures are hormonal etiology.
The risk of ovarian sklerokistoz lies in the risk of escalating into complex shapes endocrine diseases (diabetes), malignant neoplasms genitals and mammary glands, as well as trigger the development of cardiovascular pathologies.
Diagnostic procedures to identify the clinical picture of the disease
- Visit to the gynecologist suggests listening to the complaints of patient, collect anamnesis of life and diseases, specifying all the signs and symptoms. Special attention is given to the diagnosis of ovulatory ovarian function, with temperature measurement and taking the scraping and colpocytology.
- Visual inspection gynaecological contains internal and external examination of the female body for the detection of changes in size of organs: ovaries, mammary glands, uterus, genital organs.
- Ultrasound examination of the ovaries reveals details of the clinical picture, indicating the echogenicity, density and the number of cystic capsules.
- Gas pillviagra done in cases when it is necessary to clarify how the reduced uterus in relation to the enlarged ovaries.
- Laboratory tests consist of a mandatory set of common research and diagnostic hormonal of sexual and endocrine systems.
- Laparoscopic examinations are appointed with a complex purpose: to examine the ovaries and to treat them.
Treatment of ovarian sklerokistoz
After a thorough examination syndrome Stein – Leventhal may be subjected to medical treatment by a conservative, or are subject to surgical intervention.
Drug treatment of ovarian sklerokistoz has comprehensive therapy and contains:
- Hormonal medications to stabilize hormone production. Usually sklerokistoz treated klomifenom, Vasistha and prednisone. The combination of these medications helps to restore ovulation, and normalize menstrual cycle and reduce the process of fouling the hair of certain body areas.
- The vitamin contributes to the maintenance of immune forces of the body and restoring overall health.
- A more balanced diet and limiting fluid intake is a very important condition for the effectiveness of treatment. Because high calorie foods, like fast, provokes excessive production of hormones that can interfere with the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions.
Surgical treatment of ovarian sklerokistoz appointed by the ineffectiveness of conservative measures and complicated cases of the disease, when the intensity of growth of cysts is so high that symptoms of the disease is increasing.
Surgery involves three types of treatment:
- Decapsulate, when the thick shell is removed and the ovaries ligated.
- Resection of the ovaries is carried out with a view to their partial wedge removal.
- Laser therapy or electrocoagulation.
The main objective of surgery is to remove cysts that cause irregular production of hormones that prevents the ovaries to perform its main function. As practice shows surgery is the treatment is quite effective, but has short-term results, stretching no more than six months.