Aphthous stomatitis: a fast and effective treatment in the language
Aphthous stomatitis is the most common form of the disease, in which oral have inflammatory processes. A clear sign of the disease is the appearance of ulcerous formations in the oral cavity, including and language — the so-called aft. Ulcers these can be both plural and single, they can appear on any area of the oral cavity gradually and spontaneously heal.
Varieties of the disease
There are different classifications of disease, the first is the nature of the disease:
- Chronic — characterized by the fact that proceeds for a long period of time with periodic exacerbations, mainly in spring or autumn. In 40% of cases, ulcerations are preceded by damage to mucous membrane, for example, bite cheeks. The severity of recurrent disease has the property of hydrocarbonsto Illichivets, the number of aft each time is increased as well as their healing. Often develops gradually in adults from 20 to 40 years;
- Acute aphthous stomatitis appears as a consequence of viral infection of oral mucosa, most commonly found in children.
The second classification is by the nature of lesions, there are 4 varieties:
For detection of disease and accurate diagnosis you must contact your dentist, he will take a swab for analysis and indicate whether there is a disease, what form is and why it appeared.
When the disease develops in a child, she, unknowingly, can be confused with herpes. To distinguish aphthous stomatitis herpes can be on the mind of the formations. So, in the early stages aphthae have a small red dot, then in its place there is a vial with a gray head and a red rim. When the bubble bursts, you receive the same ulcer. Start aphthous stomatitis is not necessary, as it can lead to the development of secondary fungal or bacterial diseases. If you notice the appearance of formations of this nature from yourself or your child, it is necessary for the purposes of General therapy to exclude from the diet of acidic foods: apples, citrus fruits, dairy products.
The clinical picture of the forms of stomatitis
There are a number of varieties of the disease.
The reason for this form of the disease is a blood disease. With necrotic aphthae aphthous stomatitis almost painless, but the disease may be delayed, education remain in the mouth for 3 weeks sometimes over a month.
This form of stomatitis occurs because the pathology of the ducts of the minor salivary glands. Glands are functioning poorly, therefore next to them aphthae appear, they are quite painful. With granular stomatitis treatment takes no more than 1-3 weeks. However, a new surge of the disease can be triggered by common respiratory infection.
This is caused by a pathology of the connective tissue, ulcers can appear not only next to the salivary glands, but your entire mouth. Ulcers can be large in size to 1.5 cm, due to their size healing lasts very long up to 3 months after full tightening the scars are left.
The most severe form of aphthous stomatitis, it is accompanied by serious changes in the connective tissue after treatment can reshape the soft palate and Palatine arches.
Among the causes of the various forms of aphthous stomatitis can be attributed to various infectious diseases such as herpes, adenoviruses; influenza, diphtheria, and others.
Catalysts or attendant circumstances of disease can become:
- Problems with the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Burns and mechanical damage to the oral mucosa;
- A General predisposition to allergic reactions;
- Bad genetic heredity;
- Diseases of the oral cavity: dental caries; dental plaque and other;
- The lack of various trace elements and vitamins;
- The General weakening of the immune system.
Symptomatology in the occurrence of disease changes in the process flow, so that in the initial stages it is very similar to the virus of acute respiratory infections. The first stage is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite;
- Temperature rise;
- Inflammation of the lymph nodes in the neck and in the occipital region;
The next stage of the disease is characterized by the occurrence in the oral mucosa redness, aphthae here for the first time make themselves known, their diameter can reach 5 mm. If you do not consult a doctor and begin the treatment of the aphthae spread rapidly throughout the mouth. At its peak, the disease delivers significant discomfort, pain accompanies the media constantly felt while eating and talking.
In the treatment of aphthous stomatitis, the doctors aim to complete deliverance from disease or achieving a sustained remission and reduced pain and healing the affected areas. All these objectives are achieved by a combination of General and local therapy, apply a particular method of treatment depending on the clinical situation.
The first treatment for stomatitis on the tongue and in the mouth is antiseptic. When this is processed, and the mouth in General and in a special way aphthae themselves. Procedure obezzorazhivaniya can be produced by the dentist in clinic and at home. Treatment, therefore, is to rinse the mouth specially designed for every occasion with an antiseptic solution, as well as decoctions of herbs. At the same time to improve the overall condition need to take medication to lower the temperature and improve body tone.
If the disease is caused by a viral infection, it is necessary to produce the antiviral treatment. In addition the patient must take a proper diet. Excluded from the diet of a large number of products that are different sharp taste, so it is impossible to use:
- Spicy foods;
- Very hot;
- Solid and rude foods, can harm the mouth;
- Food irritating the mucous membranes of the mouth.
To avoid relapse, you need to maintain a good level of immunity.
In addition to symptomatic treatment process includes the removal of lesions, to do this, perform the following procedure:
- First, on the affected area overlaps with a swab dipped in a solution containing proteolytic enzymes. This medication softens the diseased tissue, while not providing any adverse effects on human health;
- Then the infected area is cleared of ulcers, by means of antiseptic or hydrogen peroxide.
Stomatitis is a disease that is very difficult treated, if not to seek help from a doctor, aphthae themselves will disappear, but it is likely that the disease will become chronic, which is practically incurable.
If you have no opportunity in financial or other terms to refer to a specialist, you can use folk remedies treatment. There are many methods for the treatment of stomatitis folk methods:
- Chamomile is a versatile herb for all ills, and that in the case of aphthous stomatitis, it will be very effective. For the treatment using this medicinal plant it is necessary to manufacture the infusion, this is done as follows: take the dry inflorescences of the plants, to measure out a teaspoon and pour a glass of boiling water, let stand until until the infusion cools to room temperature, then place it in a teaspoon of honey. Gargle this solution your mouth it is necessary 3-4 times a day.
- Yarrow is another effective “fighter” with diseases of the oral cavity. Use it to be the same way as chamomile. Boil in one Cup of boiling water a tablespoon of dried plants, steep, wait for another case, and then rinse your mouth 3-5 times a day.
- The same may be effective and garlic, it has long been used to treat diseases of the oral cavity. Take 3 cloves of garlic, slice it very finely or pass through chesnokodavku, add to this mass of one dessert spoon of sour milk or kefir. Take the mixture with a spoon and spread it on your tongue, spread it across the mouth, pay special attention to places of a congestion of ulcer formations. You’ll feel the burning, have a little patience, after a while rinse your mouth, thoroughly rinse all the sores.
Remember: these treatments can only be used in those cases, if you are not able to see a specialist. Quick and effective treatment for aphthous stomatitis can be ensured only by the dentist, therefore, it is possible, do not delay treatment.
To prevent disease in a number of ways.
Try after a meal to brush your teeth, if this is not possible, use dental floss to clean the spaces between teeth, food residue that irritate is one of the main causes of the disease. Try to brush your teeth carefully, if your gums are very sensitive, use a soft toothbrush, do not allow any damage.
A change in diet
If you have had the disease, and you have a tendency to relapse, try to change the diet. Try to eliminate from the diet foods that may adversely affect the mucous membranes.
Replacement of toothpaste
Many toothpastes contain a special element — lauryl sulfate, is a component which creates the foam, it adversely affects the mucous membranes: dry it, and it reduces local immunity and may cause aphthous stomatitis. Look for a toothpaste without this component and use it for brushing teeth.