Blue tongue in humans: causes
To observe full oral hygiene, you should clean in addition to teeth and the surface of the tongue. To the naked eye it is possible to overlook, but it accumulates microscopic pieces of food. If they are not clean, it will cause undesirable effects such as bad breath, and begin to multiply pathogenic microorganisms that are in contact with the wound or a hairline fracture can cause inflammation.
It should be noted that a thin layer of white coating on the tongue in humans, particularly harm will not be able and easy to clean with a regular brush, but if it is blue color, to know the reason why you are seeing this symptom only from the doctor and it can be quite heavy.
Language is a very sensitive organ and any disruption in the body once seen any changes on its surface, for example, it may be blue. This shade has a few very common causes:
- Malfunction of the heart. If the blue color painted the entire surface of the tongue, there are problems with blood circulation, and they are often accompanied by complications, for example, heart failure. Other apparent symptoms in the early stages of the disease will not and it will give you the opportunity to begin treatment of the disease in its Bud;
- A lack of vitamin C. the Blue surface on the tongue can be caused by a severe lack of ascorbic acid and the disease called scurvy. The surface of the organ becomes loose, and the gums bleed much.
- Bad circulation of blood. This problem is a blue tint in the language and know its cause only after inspection;
- Poisoning. It can occur due to the ingestion of mercury or other heavy metals;
- Problems with the kidneys. If the reason lies in them, the blue plaque is located on the tongue near the throat;
- Malfunctions in the adrenal glands. The tongue is covered with blue-black spots that will disappear when the hormones will return to normal produce.
Blue plaque at the child
Parents always try to find out as much information as possible about the disease and the treatments for them to keep their child healthy and this applies to the blue plaque on the language of the child and the reasons why it appears virtually identical with adults and they are:
- Failures in the respiratory system;
- Problems with the heart and circulatory system;
- Pathology of the kidneys and adrenal glands.
A child who is not able to speak, expresses discomfort appeared, shouting and crying, but some diseases, such as heart, in the early stages may not manifest itself for parents it is particularly important to do regular full examination of the baby to prevent possible pathology.
In addition, the blue language in infants is often associated with failures in the nervous system, which appear cramps and disturbed cerebral blood flow. For this reason, after the detection of such symptom, you should immediately show the child to the pediatrician for further examination and treatment.
Features of plaque
To prevent the development of serious pathologies need to do self-examination using a mirror, but you need to know that is a pathological deviation on the surface of the tongue.
To identify the disease, it can be based on such nuances:
- Color. He has many shades, but is most common: blue, white, yellow, red, brown and grey. In more rare cases, there are such colors as green, crimson (scarlet fever), and even black. You should be attentive to children and not let them unattended for coloring objects, such as pens that will give their language any possible shade, but the pathology it will not be. In addition, the plaque may develop as a result of eating foods with dyes, and when it is yellow, it is mainly due to Smoking or coffee;
- Appearance of plaque. It may differ in its texture, namely:
- Completely dry;
- With mucus;
- A thick layer.
- The thickness of the layer of plaque. When deposits significantly increased in volume and has not seen the surface of the tongue, you should carefully observe 2-3 days. If after that time nothing will change or condition will become worse, then you need to go to the hospital to pass the examination;
- The location of the plaque. Often deposits on the tongue appears on a certain part and this greatly simplifies the diagnosis;
- Difficulty in withdrawing deposits. A simple plaque, which appeared in the morning, you can remove the brush for the 1st time, and he will not appear during the day. If the deposits are only a symptom of the disease, they are not so easy to clean off, and they almost immediately return back to their place increasing in number.
The person who has no abnormalities in the body, the tongue has a thin layer of translucent white plaque, through which can be considered the taste buds and a pink tinge to the surface of the body. For this reason, it is important to do self-examination to see the beginning of pathological processes.
Thus, blue tongue may be a symptom of a dangerous disease or any malfunction of the internal organs, so immediately after its detection should be examined, especially when it comes to the baby.