Chronic generalized periodontitis: classification
Generalized periodontitis – extensive periodontal disease, usually covering the entire teeth. The disease of the oral cavity is considered to be one of the toughest in the dental practice.
The periodontium is all of the periodontal tissue (gums, periodontium, bone, etc.). When the periodontal inflammatory lesions arise, penetrating into all layers of the periodontium, then you should speak about generalized form of periodontitis.
Types and forms of the disease
Classification of the disease can be determined by location in the oral cavity:
- Local or localized periodontitis – inflammation occurs in a particular area;
- General or generalized periodontitis pathological lesions in the whole area of periodontium.
Often classification of the disease is for:
- The acute form. Mainly develops lokalizovannye and with rapid early treatment fully eliminated in a relatively short time. Complications almost does not matter.
The main reason is mechanical damage to the periodontal tissues;
- A chronic form. Like during periodontitis is the most common and able to provoke not only General but also local factors. To give impetus to the development of chronic periodontitis can gingivitis or any other primary diseases of the oral cavity.
Symptoms chronic periodontitis – mild inflammation of the gingival surface with a slight tingling, mild hemophilia during cleaning procedures or when eating solid foods.
Chronic periodontitis has two main stages:
Classification of periodontitis
Let us consider what might be the classification according to severity level.
Clinic in this stage is almost not expressed, the patient has no complaints.
- Tooth mobility is not present;
- Periodontal pockets reach a depth of less than 3.5 mm;
- Mild bleeding of the gingival surface;
- The occurrence of unpleasant smell from the mouth.
The average degree
Has the following several characteristics:
- Periodontal pockets increase to the depth of 5 mm;
- The beginning of a slight mobility of teeth;
- There is a rapid formation of cracks between the teeth.
- Enhanced sensitivity to external stimuli.
Has some symptoms:
- Pockets increase in depth to 6 mm;
- Produces swelling of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity;
- An increased loosening of the teeth with their possible displacement;
- During pressure on the gum to ooze a purulent mass.
- Severe bleeding and pain in the gums.
To accurately diagnose the severity and the evolved form of periodontal disease, should be considered symptomatic and radiographic data. X-rays allows to determine the size of periodontal pockets and the degree of damage of the jawbone. In medical practice there were cases with pathologically rapid development of the disease, when the jawbone was destroyed in a very short period of time after manifestation of initial symptoms.
Inflammation, which begins its development chronic generalized periodontitis, occurs much more rapidly if the patient has a weakened immune system or illness preceded the injury of tissues of the oral cavity. Often, the disease occurs as an Allergy to certain medications. Sometimes it happens that chronic generalized periodontitis can be opened on a background of unqualified dental care.
The treatment process
- Is the removal of teeth with 3-4 degree of mobility;
- Perhaps the manipulation of gingivotomy, gingivectomy;
- Patchwork operation;
- Incision of purulent abscesses of the periodontium;
- Plastic vestibule of the oral cavity frenulum of tongue, lips.
In severe occurrence of generalized periodontitis important point is the appointment of anti-inflammatory therapy, administration of immunomodulators and essential vitamins.
Complex treatment often used physiotherapy treatments: laser, d’arsonval, electrophoresis. Also used hirudotherapy, ozone therapy, phytotherapy and others.
Likely oslojneniya processes
Periodontal disease is one of the most complex and serious diseases of the nasal cavity, can lead to some unpleasant consequences:
- Partial or full loss of teeth and tissue jaw;
- Various heart diseases include such as heart attacks and strokes;
- The occurrence of diabetes;
- Certain lung diseases.
Complications during pregnancy
Modern scientists were able to prove that pregnant women with secondary or severe disease have an increased risk of miscarriage or premature delivery.
This is because infection of the periodontium leads to an active release of prostaglandins and subsequent inflammation of the uterus. And the treatment of the disease can cause the formation of purulent abscesses on the gums.
In the prevention of generalized periodontitis needs of any person. Its essence lies in the proper care of the oral cavity. From a very young age, the child should be accustomed to oral hygiene. To avoid possible problems with your teeth, it is important to brush your teeth twice a day.
It is necessary to use antiseptic solutions, and also use large quantities of solid food.
Periodontitis is treated only in the first stages of development. And for this it is important to undergo routine inspections from a specialist in a timely manner.