Edentulous in children: primary, partial secondary, the lack of teeth of deuces
Many people interested in the question how is the absence of teeth, partial or full? In dentistry it is referred to as edentulous.
General about the disease and his qualifications
Edentulous in children as in adults, is the lack of teeth of different shapes. This applies to both permanent and milk bodies, which suggests the possibility of the occurrence of the disease in patients of any age. Today, the disease is classified into several types:
Full is extremely rare, as a rule, in 3-5% of cases, while the second has 1% of the total number of people.
The third and the fourth class refers to congenital or acquired disease, whereas the first and second represent the prevalence of the disease. When it comes to the front pairs of teeth located in the Central region, it is also referred to as edentulism twos.
To date, the disease has been insufficiently studied, so the exact cause of missing teeth could not be determined. Presumably it arises during the formation of the fruit, when disturbed development of the ectodermal layer, as well as the emergence of the roots of the organs. In some cases, the occurrence of edentulous twos and other teeth provoked fetal endocrine, and gene transfer, to mention the hereditary factor.
Secondary adentia is diagnosed more often and there are several clinical pictures. The disease is formed separately from the other ailments that takes a long period of time. As shown by statistics, mainly the lack of teeth causes:
- the development of caries;
- other diseases that have not received proper treatment, and at the moment has evolved so much that it destroys the masticatory organ. These include periodontitis and periodontal disease;
- other diagnoses that are under a General deterioration of the body, especially the immune and endocrine systems;
- the age of the patient. By age 60 most people have much worse health and this leads to loss of twos and the other parts. It was established that from-for bad ecology age problem gradually decreases and in the dentist’s office are increasingly young people;
- the mechanical effect. This factor is one of the most common, as due to the strong impact you can lose body instantly or injure the gums, and in some cases to split it. For young children this effect may cause a defect in the formation of milk and permanent teeth;
- hereditary factors.
Diagnosis of the disease
First is the visual inspection when it turns out the class of the disease, such as primary or secondary adentia partial adentia. This is followed by an x-ray of the jaw, without which it is impossible to say exactly whether it is a congenital disease. With the help of it the doctor can see the follicle or bad development.
When it comes to children, it is extremely important to know which structure has a root system that is hidden under the gums. Therefore, use panoramic x-rays, able to give a full and detailed picture. Here you can see the structure of the jawbone.
Stage disease detection is extremely important, because even before the action needs to find all existing illness and to remove them. For example, eliminate inflammatory processes, and also carried out disinfection of the entire oral cavity. It is best during treatment to keep the roots of the masticatory organ, as in the future they will die and can lead to total hair loss.
If suspicions fall on the acquired type of the disease, it is extremely important to determine the root cause of it. This is due to the risk of prosthesis that can cause complications. To do this, the inspection additionally checks for:
- the roots, covered with mucous membrane;
- the exostosis;
- inflammatory processes and tumors;
- infectious diseases of the mucous membrane.
The most serious and dangerous type of missing teeth, which occurs less often. During it the patient has no rudiments of the masticatory organs and roots. Full adentia of the primary leads to the violation of the symmetry of the face and difficulty in the formation of the alveolar processes of all the parts. More discomfort causes the deterioration of the mucus and saliva in the oral cavity when the color whiter than usual.
Children have no milk and organs that easily determine using the feeling, and the visual signs speak of the need for quick and immediate action.
Partial adentia, arising at birth, is diagnosed more often, and when it in a row you will notice the absence of one or more teeth. In this case, the x-ray shows gaps in the root system, in place of the «gaps». The development of these areas start to form in Treme, who will speak about the presence of the disease. When the disease has excluded the emergence of a large number of bodies, this can lead to abnormal development and formation of the jaw.
This type can be divided into:
In the first situation, you can see the gaps in the place of twos or fangs. In the second, the disease affects different organs, not just the pair, like deuces.
The absence of teeth in this case — acquired disease. While the signs are observed only on one jaw or on both at once. Thus, the tooth row does not appear in the case of dairy and with the constant chewing organs. It is determined when the disease has developed so much that it caused the loss of all teeth or for the treatment needed to remove them.
In such a situation, the patient will be no twos, or fangs or other parts of the series. When exposed, there may be additional problems, such as incorrect formation of the jaw. It approaches the nose, and the soft tissue will begin to sink. Muscles also begin to atrophy, which will lead to a change in the shape of the jaw or alveolar bone.
Besides the lack of teeth will create a problem in a person’s life, because the patient will not be able to chew food and begin to swallow some of the sounds.
Partial secondary adentia is the most common today the disease is of this class. During his row a few teeth, which can become two, fangs and more. It may affect one or several of the masticatory organs.
A complication in this case is the fact that the side walls of the bodies will eventually wear off and cause hypersensitivity. The patient gradually, due to discomfort, will cease to eat junk food and get used to liquid, so as to chew it is not necessary. It can be observed both in children and adults.
However, there are indirect factors that indicate this illness, which is very important in determining the disease in children. They are:
- the reduction of the jaws like both, and each separately;
- retraction of soft tissues;
- changing the shape of the alveolar processes;
- the appearance of wrinkles and folds near the mouth, which occurs near the twos;
- atrophied muscle in the oral cavity;
- increase or decrease the angle of the jaw.
This all may impact the improper formation of the bite, which causes movement of the masticatory organs in the direction of some «gaps». After, it will cause build-up on the surviving parts, the resulting aesthetic appearance.
With full secondary edentulous, the doctor may notice signs of tooth decay, periodontal disease or surgery. In rare cases, the symptoms of loss, cancer or the presence of scars from his injuries.
The treatment of the disease
Full or partial adentia is treated mainly orthopedic method. To do this, the doctor will determine what side effects appeared, the patient. At this point, determined by the presence of hillocks and spikes. Besides take into account the age of the patient, as this method may not give positive results. This also includes ongoing consultation during treatment.
It is important to promptly and correctly determine the method of treatment in children, as the development contributes to the accelerated appearance of side effects. Before a dentist becomes a choice between:
- introduction crowns and metal tabs in place of «spaces»;
- the formation of adhesive bridge;
- the installation of implants.
However, this method can be applied only for children under 3 years. Besides, kids need to constantly consult the doctor to determines the pressure of the new body, to other teeth. For example, if you put the braces to move the jaw in the direction of the twos, which is not, it should gradually adjust the direction of growth.
It is important to know that secondary adentia caused by disease, to be rid of. Otherwise, it could lead to complications and the need for more complex treatment. If it is partial, then first get rid of the complications and restore the bite with braces and inserts. When it comes to full, then immediately proceed to the dental implants, which eliminates the missing teeth.
In some cases, complications arise during treatment, which are:
- incorrect formation of the jaw causes the loosening and loss of the implant;
- allergic manifestations in the material of the prosthesis;
- the occurrence of inflammation in the oral cavity;
- the appearance of bedsores.
The possible consequences of the disease
Among them there are:
- adentia. Leads to incorrect formation of the jaw, which causes problems with speech, when some words or letters are starting to proglatavetsa. Additionally, a person can not eat normally, eliminating from the diet of solid foods. All this will lead to problems of the gastrointestinal tract, vitamin deficiencies, and many other diseases.
- the absence of teeth as twos and others, leads to the appearance of complexes and mental discomfort. Self confidence and self esteem of the patient falls, and depression appears.
- when the patient is fully has no teeth, incorrect formation of the jaw, presses on the rest of the head, causing the appearance of tumors in the temporal region.