Fungus in the mouth on the tongue and mucous membranes: symptoms and treatment
In the human oral cavity is more than a million microorganisms, which, when strong immunity do not cause absolutely no discomfort to the person. But with the creation of favorable conditions pathogenic microflora begins to actively proliferate, causing various diseases. Yeast fungus in the mouth Candida loves an acidic environment. Failures in the human body these bacteria invades and destroys tissue of the mucous membranes.
In the course of their life microorganisms produce special enzymes, causing soreness, dryness, burning, formation of ulcers at the site of lesion. It develops oral thrush or a yeast infection. Often localized fungus on the tongue, lips, gums, palate, inside of the cheeks, treatment methods are selected based on the causes of pathology.
Causes the formation of mildew
Why does it appear the fungus Candida on the mucous membranes in the mouth, what are its main symptoms and methods of treatment?
- The main reason is a weak immune system. Most often affects newborns and the elderly. Suffer and people taking chemotherapy due to a sharp decrease in protective forces of an organism.
- During pregnancy occurs a hormonal changes the body, so increases the risk of fungal diseases.
- Chronic diseases of the digestive tract and other internal organs lead to the violation of normal microflora in the oral cavity, creating favorable conditions for the development of thrush.
- When taking certain antibiotics, oral contraceptives stomatitis is manifested as one of the side effects.
- The wearing of artificial dentures is also the cause of the disease. Under fixed or removable designs creates a convenient environment for reproduction of fungi.
- Trauma, thermal burns of the oral cavity are accompanied by the formation of wounds in infection of which develops a fungal infection.
- Alcohol, Smoking disrupt the natural pH level in the mouth, which leads to candidiasis.
- One of the factors of the disease may be a vitamin deficiency due to lack of vitamins b, C, PP.
- Allergic reactions to food or drugs provoke the appearance of the rash and swelling of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. In the future, may form erosions and ulcers.
- In addition to these reasons, there is a possibility of Contracting thrush from an infected person.
How does the fungus in the mouth, what are the main symptoms? The first sign of thrush is the formation of whitish coating on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. When it
removal remains a bleeding wound. Plaque on exterior resembles curdled milk or cottage cheese. Patients mouth appears stale smell in the mouth the taste of metal. Ulcers cause pain and burning sensation while eating.
In newborns to identify thrush by plaque on the mucous membranes, the children are naughty, not eating or sleeping, constantly pulling his hands in his mouth.
In case of untimely treatment of stomatitis in young children, the fungus can infect the digestive tract and genitals.
Adults erosion infected, inflamed and fester, the plaque becomes yellow. This increases body temperature, deteriorating overall health.
Clinical forms of candidiasis
What is fungus of the oral cavity in humans, as manifested their symptoms?
- Superficial candidiasis of the mucous membranes characterized by the formation of wet erosions with well-defined contour. On top they are covered with a coating of white color, in the hearth of defeat may appear blisters, papules.
- Generalized stomatitis develops in people with acute immune deficiency or in advanced stages of the disease. In addition to the oral cavity affects the skin of the head, the corners of the mouth. First appear scaly patches, which quickly become infected, inflamed and fester, covered with necrotic crusts. The disease affects the digestive tract, upper respiratory tract, reduces the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Kandidomikozy are secondary lesions improper treatment pathology.
- Candidiasis of the mouth corners (zaedy), language, red border of lips is combined with a lesion of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. In the folds of the corners of the mouth accumulate a white film, after the removal of which remains eroded area. The disease is malocclusion, the wearing of dentures.
Treatment of fungus of the mouth
A fungus of the genus Candida in the mouth delivers a large amount of discomfort and can lead to serious complications, so if you have symptoms of a yeast infection you must seek treatment to the dentist. For a successful treatment is necessary to eliminate the cause of the disease.
If sick small child, you need to perform sanitization of utensils and the hygiene of the baby. It is impossible to lick your nipples kids, bottles should be regularly boiled in a solution of baking soda.
If candidiasis caused by chronic diseases of internal organs, there should be an appropriate treatment by specialists, by conducting a comprehensive antibacterial therapy.
Treatment of the yeast fungus in the mouth aimed at the suppression of pathogenic microorganisms, the normalization of microflora, the healing of wounds, strengthening the immune system.
How to treat a fungus Candida in your mouth? You need to do 5-6 times a day with antiseptic rinsing of the oral cavity by solutions of Furacilin, Chlorhexidine, Miramistina, baking soda and salt. Good therapeutic results obtained by the application of decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Erosions and ulcers should be treated with ointments and gels: Asepta, Solkoseril, Metrogyl. It is useful to lubricate the wound essential oils of fir, buckthorn, clove, tea tree. It is important to take immunomodulatory treatment (Imudon, Echinacea), and vitamin-mineral complex.