How to distinguish a tooth from a root
Milk teeth appear at the age of 6 months and to two years of fully-formed temporary occlusion. To change they start approximately 6 years, and completed the process about 14. At this time, the bite is called exchangeable, because both are dairy and permanent. If you need to distinguish a temporary baby tooth from a permanent indigenous itself is not so difficult. In doubtful cases conducted x-rays.
Why the bite is changing?
The tooth width is determined during the formation of the embryo, and its development is going on inside the jaw. After eruption, the enamel and dentin contain very few cellular elements, and therefore, unlike the jawbone, the tooth is not growing. Alveolar process of the jaw of a child is narrow and short, so space for progresywny permanent total arc on it.
The size of the crown is one of the main differences between a baby tooth from a permanent. Temporary occlusion is necessary not only for chewing food and nutrition. The load, which receives the jaw bone during mastication – the main stimulant of growth. If it were not breast dental arch, the jaw could not grow enough to accommodate a permanent.
The formation of milk occlusion
Temporary incisors begin to erupt, the baby on average six months of age, although timing varies widely – from 4 to 9 months. Then, closer to year – the first milk molars, one and a half years – fangs. By age two, when in baby’s mouth appear the crown of the second temporary molars, dairy bite is formed. Before the start of the physiological change, that is up to 6 years old all the teeth milk, so in this period of time, the question of how to define temporary or permanent tooth usually do not occur.
The period of physiological change of teeth
Physiological change starts at the age of six, first become loose and fall out of the Central incisors and erupt the first permanent molars (they do not replace dairy and erupt behind the temporary five). Then change the second drop incisors and milk molars. In their place erupt small indigenous teeth, this occurs at the age of 8 – 13 years. Last changed fangs, after which the second permanent molars. The presence of wisdom teeth in the permanent dentition do not have, they can erupt at a later age or not appear at all.
If he had a cavity before you start the treatment you must determine the milk he or indigenous. To treat you need to be and in fact, and in another case, but the methods are different. If the physiological change there are not more than six months, and the cavity is shallow, can be limited to preventive measures, to put a seal optional.
Distinctive features of deciduous teeth:
- shape and size crowns. Milk crown is significantly less regular,and they form more rounded. In the cervical region of a small thickness – enamel roller;
- color. Dairy enamel and dentin are less mineralized, and their thickness is less than the permanent. Therefore, the temporary crown of the tooth is white with a bluish tint, in contrast to the constant, which is due to the thicker layer of dentin has a yellow hue.
- location in the dental arch. Baby teeth are growing vertically, the permanent crown is inclined toward the lips and cheeks.
How to distinguish between vneshnim signs?
To find out a baby tooth or root before to consider the shape and size of the crown, is to determine its sequence in the dental arch, starting from the middle line:
- 6 or 7 position away from the midline of the jaw is a permanent molar. Milk teeth in one jaw only 10, that is 5 on each side, therefore, to take this position, they can’t;
- 4 or 5 position it is necessary to pay attention to the shape of the crown. In dairy bite at this place are the molars – teeth with a broad crown and 4 chewing the hill, in the permanent premolars. Their crowns already, and posterior tubercles – only 2. In case of dispute, the form of the crown should be compared with the similar tooth of the opposite side and standing side by side;
- Position 3 – fangs. Dairy Fang has less permanent in size and has a characteristic anatomical shape, sharp tip to that time as the beginning of the physiological change, is erased. The crown of the permanent canine is longer than the lateral incisor and premolar, has clearly pointed hill.
- Positions 1-2 – cutters. The crowns of the deciduous incisors is narrow, about 4-5 mm wide and 5-6 in height, the cutting edge, they have smooth and smooth. Permanent incisors have wider crowns about 10 mm Central and lateral 6-8. Immediately after the eruption at the age of 6-7 years, on the cutting edge can be kept small lumps – mamaloni, because of what he has irregular scalloped contour.
When and why to perform x-rays?
As for an x-ray to understand tooth depicted in it or a native? First of all, the size and shape of the roots. In dairy they are subtle and differ greatly between them and most often is permanent rudiment. The latter option, especially in cases where the physiological change of the tooth is delayed.
- If the milk tooth is retained in the dental arch for longer than intended, it is important not only to distinguish it from the indigenous, but also to decide how to proceed. For this you need to determine the cause hold your physiological change, but also to determine the condition of its roots.
- If the germ is absent, and this is one of the most common reasons a baby tooth will need to save as much as possible. You will need to periodically monitor the condition of its roots. If they start to rapidly disappear, it is time to prepare for prosthetics.
- If the radiograph is visible molar, you need to know how he is to understand, he will be able to replace dairy on your own or need the help of an orthodontist. For this picture defines the thickness of the bone of the alveolar process over deportivas crown and its tilt angle relative to the adjacent teeth. If the axial location is correct, after you remove milk, the tooth will erupt on their own, otherwise, you will need the help of an orthodontist.