Injections in the gums with periodontitis to strengthen
In dental practice, course, the most common disease is tooth decay. Even little kids can tell us about defects which are formed by this and what to do to those nasty holes in the teeth appeared. But tooth decay is not the only problem dentistry. Another fairly common dental disease is gum disease, or periodontal disease. Few people know what it’s for gum disease and the dangers it conceals.
Before proceeding to the consideration of what is periodontal disease, you should understand the structure of the actual periodontal and gum tissues that are directly affected.
The periodontium is the supporting apparatus of the tooth that secures it into the hole, provides the anatomical integrity of the masticatory apparatus and function of the body – the grinding of food. The periodontium consists of several parts:
- directly the bone hole tooth the alveolus and biseptola partition;
- gums which can be free – gingival papilla, and attached – gingival edge of the bone hole;
- connecting apparatus – the periodontal. Very often there is confusion, and consider periodontal or periodontal, or generally as an independent unit. It is not, the periodontium is the part of the periodontium. And when the disease of one part of the process involves the second. So, the periodontium is a connective tissue system of ligaments that actually ensure retention of the tooth and the amortization of the chewing pressure. Can be several types of ligaments: transseptal – go from the tooth partition of one tooth to another, carry out distribution of chewing pressure between all teeth; oblique ligament – are from the root of a tooth to the bottom of the wells, provide resistance to vertical movements; the circular ligament of the tooth – the most powerful, prevents any lateral movement;
- some authors in the composition of the periodontium include the root of the tooth, as it is involved in the connection of the tooth with the bone.
The risk of periodontal disease and need immediate treatment and constant monitoring due to the functions that are performed by the body:
- is a barrier – protects the bone and tissue of the tooth from external mechanical and internal stimuli;
- trophic – periodontal – source of nutrients for cement of the tooth root and partially for the bone tissue since they have their own circulatory system;
- plastic – damage of the root cement or bone hole, the cells of periodontium, in particular, the gums can become a stem and will form a new healthy tissue;
- leaf function is one of the most important, is the distribution of powerful masticatory pressure between all teeth. The force developed when chewing the chewing group of teeth, can reach up to 60-70 kg, one tooth so can’t cope;
- protective – it is composed of immune cells that protect body from contact with microorganisms.
Periodontal disease is not inflammatory, and primary degenerative disease of periodontal tissues. Is characterized by loss of bone holes, the recession of the gingiva without inflammatory changes in it.
It is believed that the disease is caused by a number of external and internal factors. Gums are sensitive to the following external factors:
- improper diet;
- high insolation;
- exposure to high or low temperatures;
- electromagnetic irradiation, etc.
The internal factors that causes gum disease include diseases of internal organs, primarily the cardiovascular, nervous and endocrine systems. It is proved that in 50% of cases with severe pathology of the cardiovascular system are observed abnormalities in the mouth.
The disease is caused by violation of trophic bone, reduced blood flow, thus, hypoxia, which activates the processes of lysosomal glycolysis. Locally, a large amount of proteolytic enzymes that break down the bone tissue. Therefore, when x-ray images to show a decrease in bone density, her fine meshed pattern. As a result of these changes reduced the height of the walls and holes. In the initial stages of the disease, reducing the height of the bone is negligible, approximately 1/3; the average severity – 1/2; in severe, more than half of the previous height. The symptoms that patients may experience include: pain, itching, hyperesthesia is caused due to resorption of the bone tissue and gums, resulting in the exposed neck of the tooth in the surface layers which is a large number of nerve endings, sensitive to any stimuli; perhaps the development of such a pathological process as a wedge-shaped defect. With the progression of the process to the complaints of discomfort increase claims on aesthetics: because of the reduction in the height of the bone is exposed more pigmented cement of the root, which gives the teeth unpresentable appearance. In the severe stage of the process the main complaint of patients will be excessive mobility of the roots and may move the tooth in the mouth.
To assess the state of periodontal tissues and determine the necessary treatment using special indexes. The main ones are the CPITN index and PMA. CPITN – index of need of treatment of periodontal tissues, proposed by the who. Assessment of the status of all teeth, teeth and gums are divided into sects on 4 teeth, each tooth is examined using bellied probe. If no reaction follows – sectarian estimated at 0 points, the presence of bleeding, 1 point, immersion of the probe in the periodontal pocket less than 5 mm – 2 points, more than 5 mm – 3 points. All indicators are summed, and the resulting figure will indicate the required level of treatment.
Index PMA – papillary-marginal-alveolar – shows the status of the gum tissue. They are painted with special solutions. If painted only interdental papilla, tooth is assigned a digital value of 1; if it is colored and marginal part – 2 points; when the distribution process and the alveolar gum – 3 points. Also the indicators are summed and divided by the total number of the examined teeth.
These indicators are widely used not only to determine the level of necessary treatment, but also in the quality of early diagnosis and prevention of periodontal disease.
Treatment of periodontal disease should start as early as possible, as much as possible to save the healthy bone. The main method of treatment of periodontal disease – injections carried out to strengthen the gums. The strengthening of the gum tissue when periodontal disease is done by improving the blood circulation and regeneration. This is achieved by the introduction of the gum preparations of vitamin C, aloe extract. Can be used drugs such as ribose, a nuclease, lidaza, which will improve blood circulation and repair tissues. During the examination of patients with periodontal disease revealed that at least 70% of the patients reduced both local and General immunity. Therefore, to strengthen the gum tissue, it is expedient introduction of immunostimulatory drugs in the gum tissue. Such drugs include the actual human immunoglobulins, namely IgA, thiamine and others. Intravenously or intramuscularly in severe forms of the disease can be treated with b vitamins.
Perhaps the introduction of the gum of the drug of glucose. Glucose is the main source of energy and nutrients for the body. Its use topically for periodontal disease reduces edema, improves metabolism and gives enough energy for activation of reparative processes in tissues.
If the periodontal disease and increase inflammatory diseases, injections undertaken from periodontal disease, supplemented by anti-inflammatory drugs: antibacterial, biogenic amines, antivenom, anti-fungal, antiviral and so on. The injections are made directly to the gums with periodontitis, the duration of treatment at least a month and a half. The shots you make in a day. They can be alternated with physiotherapy, for example, electrophoresis of calcium or other drugs. Are also application of medical products in the gum tissue, most often used metronidazole has anti-inflammatory and healing action. In addition, you need a strict diet, proper diet, careful oral hygiene.
Periodontal disease is a dangerous disease, as it reduces bone density. Bone density – an important indicator for the health of the oral cavity. When excessive lowering of orthopedic treatments may be impossible. And periodontal disease, as you know, entails the loss of teeth. That is to restore these defects, even when using a removable denture, it is not always feasible. Therefore, you should carefully monitor the condition of the gum tissue. When the first symptoms of discomfort, bleeding and hypersensitivity immediately consult your doctor.