Putrid breath: causes and treatment
Unpleasant smell coming from the oral cavity can be based on many reasons. It not only gives discomfort to their owner and the people around him, but may indicate the presence in the body of the disease of separate organs or systems. Ignoring the clarification of the reasons why there is a stench in various shades, you can skip the beginning of the development of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver and digestive systems of the body.
The cause of the problem
According to scientists, confirmed practical experience of physicians, about 80% of all cases of bad breath caused by problems in the area of the mouth.
A characteristic putrid smell of his mouth for most of the diseases of a dental nature is due to the fact that most of the violations were related to the place in the body the processes of destruction of protein compounds and amino acids. In turn, degradation of compounds of the amino acids capable of forming volatile compounds with characteristic odor of hydrogen sulfide. Reasons why breath odor of rot:
- incorrectly performed installation of seals or treatment of the dentition;
- the presence in the mouth of carious lesions;
- stomatitis of various stages;
- dysbacteriosis of the oral cavity is reflected in the heavy putrid smell;
- the problems caused by the growth of wisdom teeth;
- gum disease or inflammation;
- malfunction of the salivary glands, disturbance of saliva or her education in minimal quantities, insufficient to maintain normal body functions;
- the presence in the body of fungal infections that affect the microflora of the oral cavity are the reason why breath stinks of decay.
10% of cases of unpleasant odors from the mouth are associated with diseases of the ENT type.
This group may include disorders associated with infectious and viral infections, which is the reason why there are unpleasant odors. In addition, among the diseases for which characterized by the presence of the odor include:
- chronic tonsillitis;
- polyps in your nose;
The remaining 5-10% of cases of the unpleasant smell associated with diseases of internal organs and body systems. Why breath smells like rot, and how these smells differ? For them characteristic of different degree of expressiveness and nuances that are caused by the following diseases:
- Renal failure, cystitis in women, pyelonephritis in which the person smells of ammonia compounds,
- Problems with the functioning of the pancreas or latent forms of diabetes, can occur for a smell of acetone breath.
- The improper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, duodenal ulcer or stomach diseases, gastritis with high acid reaction, can be expressed hints of sour odors. When ingested fungal or viral infections provoke the passage of the disease in the region of the digestive system of a person. And the blood through the bloodstream and bond with light triggers the secretion of results of activity of these bacteria.
- Bowel disease, dysbiosis, and gut obstruction are expressed in the smell of feces, typical of people with these diseases.
- Disorders in the digestive system, cause of reasons that the mouth is diagnosed smell of decay, which is different from the breath putrid shade of greater severity and is an obvious signs of the ongoing processes of destruction.
- In case of poisoning, gastritis with low acidity and other stomach problems, disorders manifest themselves in the form of a smell of rotten eggs. This form of the disease can develop independently, and to be the first stage of development of the processes of putrefaction in the stomach. Causes of putrefaction in the stomach are manifested on the background of the use of a large number of meat products, bakery products, soda water and some other products and completely eliminated with the use of products of plant origin.
To determine the outgoing breath putrid smell and with the purpose of further clarification of its causes, it is necessary to conduct a self-test and to undertake treatment at home herbs. It can be done in several possible ways:
Treatment of deviations
After clarification of the reasons why breath smells of decay, the doctor prescribes a specific treatment.
- Treatment consists, first, in appointing the drug to suppress the activity of the microflora of bacterial nature.
- Treatment using antiseptic implies acceptance triclosan, chlorhexidine, the treatment of the oral cavity with hydrogen peroxide or infusions based on chamomile, Echinacea, calendula.
- If necessary, possible treatment using antibacterial agents, and vitamin complexes.
- High efficiency in elimination of violations demonstrates a treatment using decoctions on the basis of medicinal herbs.
Timely diagnosis of the problem will prevent the cost of treatment of diseases in the future, and prevention of the disease will give confidence in the cleanliness of the mouth and a sense of confidence when communicating with others.