Retraction of gums, and retraction thread at stomatologii
Retraction of the gums is procrastination gum tissue from tooth or more to further treatment with the help of special tools. It is used in pediatric dentistry and adult care.
Indications and contraindications
Retraction of the gums has its own specific indications:
However, there are contraindications to the procedure. The add-on include inflammation of the soft tissues of the gums. Intervention in the area of inflammation can lead to serious complications.
Methods of the procedure
In dental practice there are several basic methods of production procedures:
These include special rings, silicone caps and, of course, the retraction thread.
The last method in dentistry is used most often. Such threads are sold in special tube. They attached the blade. They can be completely dry or to have impregnation from various medications. The dentist may, at its discretion, to impregnate the filaments with solutions of drugs.
Dry threads are used more often, especially if the patient notes any allergies to particular substances.
Retraction thread, used in dentistry, its composition can be divided into:
- Cotton impregnated with disinfecting and haemostatic products.
- Cotton, without any impregnation.
- Tubes of fabric that can absorb large amounts of liquid.
The algorithm of the application of retraction threads is quite simple.
First we need to examine the gingival sulcus for damage and signs of inflammation.
- To spend adequate anesthesia workspace. This will be achieved by the introduction of a dose of lidocaine into the soft tissue of the gums.
- The thread is subjected to implementation. Retraction thread is cut into pieces of the required length. Then impregnated with medicinal substances. However, impregnation is not always the case, because it has a number of important contraindications.
- Packing yarns with the help of a special device called a packer. The procedure is conducted by experienced physician, without any sudden movements, because it may lead to bleeding. If the patient complains of pain, the pain relief increased to an acceptable level. The dip is produced at the desired depth.
- The last step cut off the end of the thread of dental scissors.
Retraction of the gums mechanical method has several disadvantages:
- The risk of soft tissue injuries in the application of threads is very high.
- The procedure is long, because the dip material is very carefully.
- Further restoration, the appearance may be marred by small fibers and threads.
Chemical method of retraction
The main task – the creation of prints, the main components of a syringe and various gels. Retraction of the gums this method is carried out using pastes and gels of foreign production.
The algorithm of applying is much more simple and consists of only three steps.
- Step one: Paste or gel is applied using a special syringe and always giving her the crown.
- Step two: Chemical composition and remove after 3-5 minutes. If the gums are observed the remains of the gel, it is removed with running water.
- Third step: Drying of the crowns.
The disadvantages of this method are few but significant:
- A chemical burn. Can occur due to delays in removing chemical compounds.
- Many patients have any allergic reactions to components of the gel or paste, which limits their application.
Apply in the case of a strong overgrowth of gum tissue, where application of other methods is impossible or inappropriate. Produced a surgical scalpel using local anesthesia. In recent years in the best clinics can offer laser retraction. But it is extremely expensive and requires special expertise of a surgeon.
Complications, the likelihood of which takes place after the procedure, retraction:
To reduce the risk of complications, the physician must carefully examine the gingival groove, to hold the available Allergy tests, to inspect the gum tissue for signs of periodontal disease. Based on the data provided, the physician must offer the patient the most appropriate option.