The baby’s skull with baby teeth before rolling
All kids grow 20 milk teeth. The beginnings of time and of some permanent units are formed during embryonic development. In this regard, the skull of a newborn infant’s baby teeth has a special structure.
Brain region of the skull in a young child is much larger than the front, chin slightly marked. The lower jaw is farthest (rear) position towards the top. Her position changed during the emergence of milk teeth.
The formation of the dental germs
The baby’s skull before the loss of the milk teeth has many dental germs in the deeper layers of the jaw bone. Education the rudiments of future dairy units starts at 5-7 weeks of pregnancy. This enamel organ, which is gradually mineralized to form tooth tissue. With 20 weeks of embryonic growth begin to develop the rudiments of the permanent incisors and canines, the premolars are formed in newborns, and the molars at 8-10 month of a child’s life.
The growth of roots of temporary and permanent units starts before the eruption lasts for 2 years.
Milk teeth differ from the permanent in size, shape, color and structure. Crown small, wide, the enamel and dentin are thin, a large area of the pulp (nerve fibers). The roots are short, widely spaced, grow at an angle, freeing up space for rudiments of permanent units. The chewing surface has almost no tubercles; crown bluish transparent color.
It is very important to maintain a healthy time units to perform regular hygiene procedures to prevent the development of caries. The destruction of the crown may result in pulpitis and further removal of the tooth. In the cavity there is a large number of pathogenic microorganisms that can cause inflammation of the bone tissue and cause death of the embryo of the permanent units. If the baby teeth to pull out prematurely, permanent can grow crooked, to adopt an incorrect position in the series. Therefore, when the first signs of decay it is necessary to seal the affected crown.
The first milk units
Grow time units the child begin about 6-8 month of life. The first cut
lower incisors, then top. After grow fangs and small indigenous units. All 20 primary teeth grow up to 3 years. The timing of eruption depends on genetic predisposition, endocrine glands, infectious diseases, presence of chronic illnesses.
The skull of a small child with dairy and molars varies in two stages. The first period lasts from the moment of eruption to 3.5 years. Teeth are located close to each other, no abrasion of the enamel, the lower jaw has a neutral position. The second period starts in 3.5 years and ends by 6 years. At this time there are interdental spaces, marked abrasion of the enamel, changes the bite.
Dental the permanent units put pressure on the roots of the milk, which leads to their gradual resorption (resorption). This process continues until a complete change of deciduous teeth. The enamel of milk crowns erased, pulp atrophy, the tooth is loosened and falls out.
Eruption of permanent units
Children’s skull before losing baby teeth and growing permanent change. Jaw, the skull is rapidly growing, and temporary units are not. New teeth erupt this size, which will last a lifetime.
First begin to grow permanent molars, after changing the incisors, canines, premolars. Large molars form a permanent occlusion. Pathology of teething can be caused by inflammatory processes at the roots of dairy units, premature removal. Characteristically, the girls change of teeth occurs earlier than boys of the same age. The latest in human life there wisdom teeth, it happens in the 14-25 years.
The types of occlusion
Because erupt as permanent units depends, is it right to bite. Different pathologies lead to the violation of the proportions of the face in children.
- The distal occlusion. The upper jaw is much extended, the lower underdeveloped. Cutters do not perform fully its function, so the back teeth have the entire chewing load. Molars more susceptible to caries formation. When the form of the distal occlusion chin unnaturally small.
- Anterior bite. The lower jaw extended in front, the chin is strongly advocated. Pathology caused by underdevelopment of the upper jaw.
- Open bite. Cutters are not closed completely, a gap. A defect can develop in several units or group of teeth. In children with open bite mouths open, visible facial asymmetry.
- Deep bite. The incisors of the upper jaw more than ½ cover the incisors of the lower. This defect of the lower lip bulges out due to lack of space, the proportions of the face broken, the gums are often injured.
- Cross-bite. Observed underdevelopment on one side of the jaw. Normally, the tubercles of the upper molars overlap the outer cusps of the lower. For violation of its provisions formed a cross-bite. Chewing function is disturbed, patients may grind food only on one side, there is discomfort when opening the mouth, often inflamed temporomandibular joint.
Malocclusion leads to considerable abrasion of the enamel, tooth decay, periodontitis, frequent injury of the mucous membranes, dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint. Correct defects wearing orthodontic plates or braces. The sooner you get started the therapy, the easier it is to pass. The teenagers ‘ jaws are in the formative stage, so bite correction takes less time than adults.