The green coating on the tongue: causes
Condition of the mucous membranes of the tongue says about the state of health of the person, warns about various ailments of the internal organs and the oral cavity. It is important to pay attention to the presence of bacterial plaque, its color, whether there is swelling and an unpleasant smell. What does a green coating on the tongue, what causes its appearance?
How is it formed green patina?
What are the main causes of the appearance of greenish patches on the tongue?
- Unsatisfactory hygiene.
- Advanced stage of fungal stomatitis (thrush).
- Diseases of the organs of the digestive tract.
- Bad habits: Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Puberty the child in adolescence.
- Taking certain medicines.
- A strong weakening of the immune system.
- Diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
- The immature immune system of a newborn child.
- A deficiency of vitamins.
- HIV infection.
The green coating on the tongue in an adult or child may be caused by serious pathologies of the internal organs, which require treatment under medical supervision, and unhealthy lifestyle. If these deposits are removed after cleaning the surface of the mucosa, the reasons for concern. You should pay more attention to health and give up bad habits. In case of persistent deposits, there are other symptoms, you need to seek help from doctors.
Diseases of the oral cavity
If there is a green coating on the tongue, the cause may be launched and fungal stomatitis (thrush). Call it yeast-like microorganisms that are always present in the body of each person. With the creation of favorable conditions, bacteria start to proliferate and damage tissue of the mucous membranes, forming erosions, ulcers or aphthae. Causes of thrush:
- injuries to mucous membranes;
- weak immunity in children and the elderly;
- wearing dentures;
- hormonal imbalance;
- antibiotics, oral contraceptives.
In the initial stages of thrush in the mucous membranes of spots appear filled with white, cheesy coating. After its removal remains a bleeding erosion. Sores are isolated or affect an extensive area, sometimes coalesce into a continuous film, hitting the inside of the lips, cheeks, gums and tongue.
If treatment is not completed on time, the wound can become infected and inflamed. The disease becomes necrotic form. In this form of ulcers, covered with crusts of yellow-green.
Why green formed a yellow coating on the tongue in an adult or child? The defeat of the shells of the tongue is called glossitis. Patients suffer from pain, burning during eating and talking, putrid smell, increase in body temperature. Treatment of fungal stomatitis in adults holds dentist. The child should be taken to a pediatrician and a pediatric dentist.
Diseases of the internal organs
Why is the surface of the tongue green? Diseases of the stomach and intestines causing disruption of the natural microflora in the oral cavity. The surface of the teeth and tongue covered with a persistent green tinge. While patients concerned about pain, heaviness in the abdomen, flatulence, heartburn, belching, unpleasant odor when talking mouth. At the initial stages of this plaque is removed after a morning of cleaning, but during the day formed again. In the more severe forms of the disease deposits become more dense and difficult to be removed. When such symptoms need treatment from a gastroenterologist.
Disorders in the liver, gall-bladder and its ducts cause the formation of a greenish coating on the tongue, which is not removed during cleaning.
Additionally in the mouth there is a feeling of dryness on the tongue cracks. Patients complain of pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium, bitter taste in the mouth, disorders stool, nausea or vomiting. The symptoms are worse after eating spicy, fried, fatty foods or alcoholic beverages. The thickness of the green plaque tells about the stage of the disease.
The color and consistency of the plaque
When diagnosing diseases the doctors pay attention to the consistency, thickness and color of plaque. A thin layer tells about the beginning of the development of the disease, fat of severe or chronic course. The consistency of the sediments are cheesy, dry or wet. In color they are:
- Green and white bacterial coating on your tongue, covering a root part, is a symptom of disorders of the digestive system, chronic constipation. If coated the entire surface of the tongue, then in the body, there was a viral respiratory disease. If the plaque is localized on the lateral surfaces – of the affected kidney, or the organs of the urinary system.
- Yellow-green deposits warn about the development of diseases of the pancreas, liver or gall bladder. This shade of plaque happens when glossitis, intestinal infections. To paint the mucous membranes may be the nicotine, colours, food.
- The reasons for the formation of tongue coating gray-green color are pathology of the digestive system.
- Dark green color of the bacterial deposits is a symptom of gall bladder, pancreas, Crohn’s disease. In case of dehydration the body, the plaque also has intense color. Such a dangerous disease like cholera is manifested by lush green dense deposits on the mucosa of the tongue.
The tongue and mucous membranes of the oral cavity can in time to prevent the development of severe disease in an adult or child. Therefore, if you receive a green plaque that is difficult to remove, the breath to become stale, you need to seek the advice of a physician.