The omission of the gum: treatment and recovery
The recession (lowering) of the gums is not only a visual defect, which was embarrassed to smile, but dangerous pathology, so as to lose healthy teeth. In addition, this disease refers to a progressive process, because over time it can affect the entire jaw.
The essence of the problem is that soft fibers fall below due to the destruction of bone tissue and therefore laid bare the roots of the teeth. To prevent possible, but only by knowing the cause of the disease.
The reason for the recession
If you try to restore the gum before he found the reason why it fell, then the treatment will be useless, as the defect will eventually come back.
Among the factors affecting the occurrence of this symptom, experts say that periodontal disease, such as:
- Severe stage of gingivitis;
- Periodontal disease.
Along with diseases of the soft tissues is poor oral hygiene, resulting in periodontal pocket accumulate sediments and creates a favorable atmosphere for the pathogens. As a result, the recess increases in size, and secreted by the bacterial toxins erode the surrounding tissue, including bone, which leads to recession.
There are other factors, because of which there is this defect, such as:
- Incorrect cleaning of teeth, in which the soft tissue or unsuitable hygiene products, for example, an old brush or toothpaste with a large number of abrasive particles;
- Incorrect use of dental floss (floss);
- Abnormal structure of the mouth;
- The recession of the alveolar bone due to missing teeth. The load on this site is no longer supplied and disturbed blood supply and metabolism, which leads to the omission;
- Dental anomalies;
- Improper closing of the jaws. As an example, deep bite, where the upper dental arch covers the bottom and hurt the gums;
- Carious formation in the neck or root of the tooth;
- Wrong customized dental design;
- Age predisposition in people older than 60 years;
- Due to hormonal disruptions in women;
- The uncontrolled teeth grinding (bruxism), especially during sleep;
- Bad habits (nail biting, Smoking);
- Lack of ascorbic acid.
Basically the problem is localized on the front incisors and canines, but sometimes it hurts premolar and the depth of the recession can be up to 7 mm.
As soon as the eliminate the cause of the omission of the gums will end, you can move on to the next stage of treatment, during which you will need to raise the soft tissue to close the root of the tooth.
The course of treatment
If was noticeably settling gums, they should go to the doctor and he will tell you what to do and advise a course of treatment, based on the results of the inspection.
In the course of treatment includes techniques such as:
- The lateral flap. If fell the gums, it is possible to raise them with the help of this method, but it is very limited, because it will have to displace healthy tissue into damaged areas and when the defect is actually a jaw, such a method difficult to achieve. Nevertheless, such treatment has its significant advantages, for example, the effect of it will not have to wait months and immediately after the procedure there is a significant result and if you follow the rules of prevention, the chances that the problem will return again, will be minimal;
- The collagen membrane. It is set on the cortical plate of the alveolar bone for tissue regeneration. After the diaphragm completes its work, it must be removed. It should be noted that there are absorbable means which themselves will fade over time, but they are much more expensive. The result of the membrane recovers about 80% of fabrics, but the rest remain goes untreated;
- Medication. Suitable for people who are afraid of surgery. This type of therapy focuses on the activation of regeneration by injection of enzymes, forcing to grow amelogenin (dental enamel protein). This will begin to recover connective tissue and the roots of the tooth. In conjunction with this soft fabric is treated with the enamel matrix, which is designed to slow the progression of the disease. Despite the fact that the wait will be quite long, but it’s worth it and recovered tissue will look no worse than before.
In the case when the tooth fell gums, doctors recommend these solutions to the problem. Enhance the effect of the treatment, combining conventional therapy with traditional methods.
Folk methods of treatment are not able to lift the gums back but it will help relieve inflammation and accelerate the healing of wounds. Among them are very popular such recipes as:
- Rinse decoction of herbs. For cooking you can use mint, chamomile, lemon balm, yarrow and other plants with anti-inflammatory effect in the ratio of 1 tablespoon of crushed, dry ingredient in a glass of water. Next, you need to boil for 15-20 minutes and allow to cool broth. Rinsing the tool after each meal;
- Tincture of propolis and calamus root. You need to cook it separately and in advance, because of the need to infuse. To start is to take 10 gr. propolis and pour 0.5 liters of alcohol and leaving the mixture in a dark place for 14 days. Next, pericolace calamus root and be done with it same as with the first ingredient. When the two tinctures infusions they can be mixed 1 to 1 and do not rinse more often than 3 times a day.
Rinse the mouth by using these methods well affect the treatment of the problem, but you need to follow the instructions and then you won’t have to think about what to do if dropped gums. In addition, it is necessary 2 times a year to visit the dentist for a checkup to prevent such diseases in the Bud.